Beechcraft C-45G for P3D

Thread: Beechcraft C-45G for P3D

Beechcraft C-45G for P3D

A while ago, someone (lost the messages and now don't remember who it was unfortunately ) asked me to see if I could get the freeware Simtech Beechcraft C-45G (based on their Beech 18) to work with P3D..... so I'm putting this out there so they can hopefully see that I didn't give up on it.

It has been a bit of a pain, since it was crashing every time I tried to recompile it with MCX. I finally figured out it was custom mouse rectangles that were causing it to crash and once I picked through and removed them all (a bit tedious) it started compiling OK.

As of now, I'm down to about three issues that are preventing it from being good to go.

The most glaring problem is in the VC, where I can't seem to get the main instrument panel to show any gauges. The 2d panel works just fine, but ...even though I set the panel textures ($vpanel_01, $vpanel_02 and $vpanel_03) to transparent.... the VC just shows black holes and the radio stack (which is on vpanel_03). I get the same results if I swap in gauges from other airplanes that I know work. I am truly stumped on this one for the moment.

The next problem is that the landing lights are permanently on. They are an attached effect on the model and I need to figure out how to set the effects so that they are only on when the light animation has rotated them into position. If I can't figure this one out, I may just remove the effects and try adding lights a different way.

The last problem is the prop animation, where they do not blur when they are at high RPM. I think I have a link to a tutorial that can help me figure this one out.

Aside from these issues, I think it looks great and flies very nicely and I look forward to getting it finished.

Anyway, here is how it is looking like so far:

[IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Current System Specs :
    FSXA & P3Dv4 | Windows 10 Professional for Workstations (x64)
    Motherboard: Gigabit Z390 Aorus Ultra, LGA 1151, Intel based
    CPU: Intel Core i9-9900K @ 3.60GHz | RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V 16GB DDR4 3600
    GPU: ZOTAC GeForce GTX 980 Ti AMP! Extreme (6GB GDDR5)
    HD: 1TB SanDisk SSD Plus | PSU: KDM 750W ATX Power Supply

Well done. Hope all goes well and thank you for all your efforts and time.

Members who have read this thread: 0