Feature Discovery Series Episode 4: Cockpits

Thread: Feature Discovery Series Episode 4: Cockpits

Feature Discovery Series Episode 4: Cockpits

The latest development video, featuring "cockpits" (covering new systems/systems management/effects/sounds/new PBR rendering engine/interactive check lists):

Last edited by Bomber_12th; November 27th, 2019 at 16:01.

I feel like a kid at Christmas watching these videos - bring it on !

Check this out, John. At 4:18 on the video using a scanning device to build 3d models. Super accurate default models!!!

https://www.artec3d.com/portable-3d-scanners/artec-leo

"Time is God's way of keeping everything from happening at once"

Thank you for that, Ted! I was wondering what the specific name of that device was. Boy, would that be a helpful tool to have! I had remembered one of the development team members mentioning that they completely scanned each of the real cockpits of the aircraft they have modeled in the sim, allowing them to bring a new level of accuracy in these new flight sim aircraft.

Quote Originally Posted by greenie View Post
    I feel like a kid at Christmas watching these videos - bring it on !

Happy Holidays...!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bomber_12th View Post
    Thank you for that, Ted! I was wondering what the specific name of that device was. Boy, would that be a helpful tool to have! I had remembered one of the development team members mentioning that they completely scanned each of the real cockpits of the aircraft they have modeled in the sim, allowing them to bring a new level of accuracy in these new flight sim aircraft.
    Yeah, although I truly doubt many developers would be able to afford a $27k Euro '3d scanner' for their own projects. I've heard though that there are places that will rent them, but have no idea what the cost might be.
    Bill Leaming
    3d Modeler Max/GMax
    C & XML Gauge Programmer

Military Visualizations
    http://milviz.com

Intel® Core™ i7-3770k 4.2GHz - Crucial 16GB DDR3 - Dual Radeon HD770 1GB DDR5 (Crossfire) - Eco II Watercooling - Win7 64bit
    Intel® Core™ i7-2600k 3.4GHz - Crucial 8GB DDR3 - NVIDIA EVGA GTX-770 SC 4GB - Win7 64bit

Yeah, the price point of course is way over the top (I'd be lucky to ever make that amount selling an addon aircraft anyway), but I wouldn't mind borrowing it just for a day, to run over to my local airport and scan the cockpit/interior of the B-25 based there.
    Last edited by Bomber_12th; November 30th, 2019 at 11:02.

Quote Originally Posted by Bomber_12th View Post
    Yeah, the price point of course is way over the top (I'd be lucky to ever make that amount selling an addon aircraft anyway), but I wouldn't mind borrowing it just for a day, to run over to my local airport and scan the cockpit/interior of the B-25 based there.
    Sometimes you can rent equipment like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Cratermaker View Post
    Sometimes you can rent equipment like that.
    Here is one source for rental equiplent. I note that they do have the Artec-Leo for rent, but of course no daily rates are provided. You have to solicit a quote from them.

https://hts-3d.com/3d-scanning-rentals/
    Even so, I'm quite certain that the rental cost would be multi-thousands of dollars at a minimum...
    Bill Leaming
    3d Modeler Max/GMax
    C & XML Gauge Programmer

Military Visualizations
    http://milviz.com

Intel® Core™ i7-3770k 4.2GHz - Crucial 16GB DDR3 - Dual Radeon HD770 1GB DDR5 (Crossfire) - Eco II Watercooling - Win7 64bit
    Intel® Core™ i7-2600k 3.4GHz - Crucial 8GB DDR3 - NVIDIA EVGA GTX-770 SC 4GB - Win7 64bit

Members who have read this thread: 0