AMX Rising!

Thread: AMX Rising!

AMX Rising!

I was greeted early this morning with a message on Facebook from someone I was anxious to hear from. Francesco Missarino who was the original designer of the AMX Ghibli gave us the go ahead to produce the AMX as freeware and has graciously extended his helping hand in the form of a beta tester along with several AMX pilots. He is very happy that his very first flight Sim model will be revised and flown by a whole new generation of simmers and we are very pleased that we can now make it happen.

I wish to thank two people who have made this conversion possible: first of all, Bluebear (Postbaer61) took on the initial conversion to Native FSX to get the project started. Next I was approached by Henk who was interested in the project and had some excellent ideas on how things could be streamlined. Specifically how we could get around the cumbersome and outdated dll modules used by the original addon. From that point on Henk has worked his magic to build an AMX that I think. . .no I know you'll enjoy flying. He really has done an amazing job as he continues to put the finishing touches on the Ghibli. So thanks to both these fine members for their contributions.

Now a word about the AMX. . .currently the working model that will be released is the "Clean" version. I have not spoken to Henk about how the other models would follow or if they will at this time. When I know, I'll let you know. There is no plan currently to do any additional liveries other than the original. If you want a particular livery check with some of our experts to see if that's something they'd be interested in doing for you. The only paint kit available right now is the one that was installed with the airplane and honestly there have been some changes to the texture sheets so they are not really accurate to what is being done at this time.

Finally, you will need XMLTools in order for some gauges to function properly. . .the AMX will be compatible with P3D, which will require the 64bit version of that utility for that program. Once again, thank you Bluebear, Henk and Francesco for bringing the AMX back.
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

Quote Originally Posted by falcon409 View Post
    I was greeted early this morning with a message on Facebook from someone I was anxious to hear from. Francesco Missarino who was the original designer of the AMX Ghibli gave us the go ahead to produce the AMX as freeware and has graciously extended his helping hand in the form of a beta tester along with several AMX pilots. He is very happy that his very first flight Sim model will be revised and flown by a whole new generation of simmers and we are very pleased that we can now make it happen.

I wish to thank two people who have made this conversion possible: first of all, Bluebear (Postbaer61) took on the initial conversion to Native FSX to get the project started. Next I was approached by Henk who was interested in the project and had some excellent ideas on how things could be streamlined. Specifically how we could get around the cumbersome and outdated dll modules used by the original addon. From that point on Henk has worked his magic to build an AMX that I think. . .no I know you'll enjoy flying. He really has done an amazing job as he continues to put the finishing touches on the Ghibli. So thanks to both these fine members for their contributions.

Now a word about the AMX. . .currently the working model that will be released is the "Clean" version. I have not spoken to Henk about how the other models would follow or if they will at this time. When I know, I'll let you know. There is no plan currently to do any additional liveries other than the original. If you want a particular livery check with some of our experts to see if that's something they'd be interested in doing for you. The only paint kit available right now is the one that was installed with the airplane and honestly there have been some changes to the texture sheets so they are not really accurate to what is being done at this time.

Finally, you will need XMLTools in order for some gauges to function properly. . .the AMX will be compatible with P3D, which will require the 64bit version of that utility for that program. Once again, thank you Bluebear, Henk and Francesco for bringing the AMX back.
    GREAT NEWS! NC

You bet Pete, very good news. It's been in the works for several months now, mostly making certain that all the necessary clearances were approved to allow us to release it, while Ulrich and Henk were making their contributions. I think folks will be very happy with what's to come.

Current System Specs:

Now this is brilliant news!! Thanks a million to all involved!!

Priller

Some WIP VC screenshots:

AMX_WIP-2019-nov-27-003 by Ed Wells, on Flickr

AMX_WIP-2019-nov-27-001 by Ed Wells, on Flickr

AMX_WIP-2019-nov-27-002 by Ed Wells, on Flickr

Current System Specs:

Thanks Ed, and the rest of the guys involved, I always liked the "Pocket Tornado."

Not exactly what I was thinking of when I saw the title of this post.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 43075547_479835133402442_Orig.jpg  
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

And it was such a nice looking car [in its day]...

Here's some follow-up info from Henk concerning the release:

"The release will have one standard exterior + interior MDL which includes all loadouts options. These loadouts can be configured at flight launch usingthe XMTools configurator panel. Thanks to XMLTools, any change in configuration will update weight and fuel load in real time."

Current System Specs:

A few Screens:

AMX_WIP-2019-nov-28-002 by Ed Wells, on Flickr

AMX_WIP-2019-nov-28-001 by Ed Wells, on Flickr

Current System Specs:

Looking good! Thanks for taking the project on. It'll be nice to have this one back in the hangar!
    America never stopped being great.

Quote Originally Posted by stansdds View Post
    Not exactly what I was thinking of when I saw the title of this post.

Stan,

I lusted after one of these way back then. But I only could afford a 'Javelin'.

JMB

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails P1020199.jpg  

Come on guys let's keep it on track. Thank you!

Current System Specs:

Sorry about inducing the thread drift, Ed, but I am a motor head and could not resist.
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

The final version has been passed to me from Henk. I'm just going over everything before I send it on to Francesco and the AMX Pilots for final testing. If all goes well, this will be a nice Christmas present for our members. Fingers Crossed.

Current System Specs:

Quote Originally Posted by falcon409 View Post
    The final version has been passed to me from Henk. I'm just going over everything before I send it on to Francesco and the AMX Pilots for final testing. If all goes well, this will be a nice Christmas present for our members. Fingers Crossed.
    It will be a brilliant Xmas present!! Thanks again!

Priller

MM7189/51-03, 103° Gruppo Treviso-Istrana AB (screenshot from P3Dv4.5)

There goes another keyboard... The drool!!

Priller

Is it locked into 32-bit or might it also work in P3D v4?

Looks very nice in any case.

Quote Originally Posted by fsafranek View Post
    Is it locked into 32-bit or might it also work in P3D v4?

Looks very nice in any case.
    Works in both. Just be sure you have the 64bit version of XMLTools for P3D_V4

Current System Specs:

Members who have read this thread: 2