inf_broadleaf_tree

Thread: inf_broadleaf_tree

inf_broadleaf_tree

I have four CFS2 installs and none of them have: SCENEDB/inf/scenery/ inf_broadleaf_tree. It IS in the inf/texture and the OBJECTS_DP, just not in the inf/scenery! Could anyone help a brother out?

Thanks,
    Steve
    Do not fear the enemy, for they can take only your life. Fear the media far more, for they will destroy your honour.

It's part of the stock file named inf.bgl, not a separate .bgl
    Cheers,

Captain Kurt
    ------------------------------------------------------
    "Fly, you fools!" Gandalf the Gray

inf_broadleaf_tree is from CFS1 should be a stock object in CFS2 but MS named it wrong in the stock scenery_cfs_library.bgl

In my Rebuild of CFS1 Objects For CFS2 I fixed this. You can take the inf_broadleaf_tree parts (.bgl .dp and texture) from the pack or just update all of the CFS1 object so they have destroyed models.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...5&linkid=18571
    "Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right!" Some SOH Founder.

Hi Stoney,
    Have a look in your installs for "Trees_0.bgl". That may be the right file. I just tried to upload it but I got an "invalid" message.

Thanks guys. I did use Allen's CFS1 Items and they work fine now. Sorry Ravenna, I did have "Trees_0.bgl" but it didn't seem to have an effect. I did have the "inf.bgl" that Captain Kurt referenced but no luck there either. Also, I did an edit of a copy of the mission file, (KWS08 Leathernecks In Need) and changed the broad leaf thing to a LDW generic tree and that worked as well.

Thanks for the replies and help fella's.
    Do not fear the enemy, for they can take only your life. Fear the media far more, for they will destroy your honour.

Library Staff
    Just to complicate things, there is also "broad leaf tree2", which appears to be an identical CFS1 object. I recommend not using this object when building GSL scenery because it uniquely has spaces in its naming. This causes the problem of the name being shortened to "broad" and consequently getting missing object warnings.

Hmmm... That "Broad leaf tree2" is the one I found in the "Rebuild_CFS1_Objs_for_CFS2.zip".

Quote Originally Posted by kdriver View Post
    Just to complicate things, there is also "broad leaf tree2", which appears to be an identical CFS1 object. I recommend not using this object when building GSL scenery because it uniquely has spaces in its naming. This causes the problem of the name being shortened to "broad" and consequently getting missing object warnings.
    ....and I'm still getting those warnings. I've become used to clicking through them.

Icon22 Reply...

Ravenna and Stoney,

This is why hand-editing missions and layouts to just use "Inf_broadleaf_tree" solves these problems. Easy peasy, lemon squeezy.
    "Rami"

"Me? I'm just a Sea of Tranquility in an Ocean of Storms, babe."

My campaign site: http://www.box.net/shared/0k1e1rz29h
    My missions site: http://www.box.net/shared/ueh4kazk3v
    My scenery site: http://www.box.net/shared/knb1l0ztobhs2esb14rb

Yep, that's exactly how I'm doing it Rami, seems to work fine now. Thanks guys!

Members who have read this thread: 1