Scorch00's Repaints

Thread: Scorch00's Repaints

Hybrid View

Scorch00's Repaints

Hi all, after a suggestion on another thread I've decided to just make a single thread that I'll update with repaints as it will make it easier to keep track and keep down on individual posts in the forum. I have a number of past projects I'll be uploading to SOH. As well as a few concurrent ones in development/progress. My previous posts for repaints I've already posted will now be updated in here only, again to keep down on the number of individual threads. So as of 11/25/2019 this is what's going on in my paint booth.

Repaint Packs still to come to SOH that have been completed in the past:
    FS KBT P-3A Repaint Pack (Airstrike and Buffalo Airways)
    UKMIL CH-47D Repaint Pack (Coulson-Unical, Billings, Columbia, California Army National Guard, and Helimax)
    ISDT King Air 200 (NSW Firescan Australia, Conair (fictional), USFS Lead, USFS IR Platform, and Cal Fire) Pack also includes IR camera mod for P3D users that I added.
    CL-415 (Aero-Flite USA fleet)
    Quality Wings BAe-146-200 (Neptune Aviation Fleet)
    Aerosoft OV-10 (Current Cal Fire liveries for Ramona, Hemet, Porterville, Paso Robles, Redding, and Chico) Pack 1 (Pack 2 is in development for the remaining fleet)
    SGA DC-9/MD-87 (Erickson Aero entire fleet)
    PMDG 737-700WL (Coulson T-137 & 138 in US/Australia liveries)
    Vista Liners 737-300W (Coulson T-137 & 138 US/Australia liveries)

Repaints now on SOH:
    CV-580 Air Tanker Repaint Pack (Conair and Saskatchewan):
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...4&linkid=25971

CS C-130H Air Tanker Repaint Pack:
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...6&linkid=26000

Current WIP 11/25/2019:
    Cera Sim Firehawk (SOH mod) Cal Fire, Ventura County, Santa Barbara County, and San Diego Fire, and possibly the rest of LA County Fire's Firehawks as a second pack.
    Aerosoft OV-10 Bronco Pack 2 (2nd half of Cal Fire fleet in current livery) Pack 1 will be uploaded to SOH along with Pack 2.
    Milton Shupe's S-2F3AT (Cal Fire's entire fleet liveries circa 2019) Yes, all 20+ airframes will be done. May end up as 2 packs, but I'm not sure yet.

WIP on the current Cal Fire S-2T paint schemes
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails S-2.jpg  

Aerial Firefighting Aircraft Development & Simulation Group
    Simulated Air Tanker Operations Facebook! <<click
    SATO Youtube Channel! <<click

Ramona AAB T-70 and T-71 complete

Starting south and will be working north in terms of repainting each base's compliment of S-2Ts. Ramona's being the first on that list has been completed. Added shadows and some exhaust staining to the model. The S-2Ts are heavily used by Cal Fire during fire season, being they are the state's workhorse in the air. Adding some "wear" if you will, felt appropriate. Repainting will likely slow down quite a bit during the holidays. In that case, there may not be any new repaint packs posted, but I will at least be working on moving those mentioned past projects here.

Ramona AAB's S-2Ts.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails SOH.jpg  

Work on the S-2Ts continue. So far I have 3 bases done. Ramona, Hemet, and Paso Robles. I've added more exhaust staining and retardant staining to some of these and will alternate between them going up the rest of the fleet for aircraft variation sake. I probably wont do much the rest of the week as I'll be traveling for the holiday. Work on the Firehawks also continues. Starting on the OV-10s probably some time next week.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails hemet.jpg   paso.jpg  

Thanks for the c130 package

Quote Originally Posted by Scorch00 View Post
    Work on the S-2Ts continue. So far I have 3 bases done. Ramona, Hemet, and Paso Robles. I've added more exhaust staining and retardant staining to some of these and will alternate between them going up the rest of the fleet for aircraft variation sake. I probably wont do much the rest of the week as I'll be traveling for the holiday. Work on the Firehawks also continues. Starting on the OV-10s probably some time next week.

looking forward to these little beauties... Many thanks Scorch00!!!
    Cheers,

Stéph.

Quote Originally Posted by jeansy View Post
    Thanks for the c130 package
    You're very welcome!

In regards to the C-130 package ironically, I'll be doing another small pack (2 liveries) that will add one more aircraft to Cal Fire and correct the Cal Fire repaint. As the actual aircraft have evolved since i originally did those, the liveries have added markings and numbers to it, which I'm also working on replicating at this time.

I should add that these S-2s are not mine, they are Milton Shupe's great S-2Ts that were converted to FSX and P3D v4+ compatible. Milton also did the PT-6 powered S-2T Firecats that are also great models. The more powerful Garrett powered Marsh (Cal Fire) versions are the one's I'm familiar with, having grown up around them.

An update on my other projects. Work on the Firehawks continues, the first 3 aircraft or the "base," repaints I call them, are 95% done for Cal Fire, Ventura County, and San Diego Fire. I haven't started on Santa Barbara County yet. I probably will once I make more headway on the rest of Aerosoft OV-10s in Cal Fire liveries. I'll be keeping myself busy, that's for sure!

Cal Fire Firehawk livery updated to it's most current version with Cal Fire as of 11/28/2019.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails firehawk.jpg  

Nearly halfway through the Cal Fire S-2T fleet. Ramona, Hemet, Paso, Porterville, and Hollister are now complete. I am doing the entire fleet of 23 S-2Ts in case people were wondering. Firehawks are on hold. I've decided to break them up into 3 separate packs now to make it easier to represent the liveries more accurately as the Firehawks are so new still, registration numbers and all decals/paint schemes haven't been finalized IRL. Pack 1 will just be H903 for Cal Fire, SDFD Copter 3, Ventura County Chopper 5, and H964 for Santa Barbara County. Cal Fire H205, H301, and VCSO Copter 10 will be in a second pack. The last one will be entirely LA County Fire's Firehawks. Aerosoft OV-10s Cal Fire liveries will probably get started next week some time. As Mike Patey likes to say, "Back to work!"

S-2Ts!

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails cfS2T.jpg  

Members who have read this thread: 4