Scorch00's Repaints
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Scorch00's Repaints

Scorch00's Repaints

Hi all, after a suggestion on another thread I've decided to just make a single thread that I'll update with repaints as it will make it easier to keep track and keep down on individual posts in the forum. I have a number of past projects I'll be uploading to SOH. As well as a few concurrent ones in development/progress. My previous posts for repaints I've already posted will now be updated in here only, again to keep down on the number of individual threads. So as of 11/25/2019 this is what's going on in my paint booth.

Repaint Packs still to come to SOH that have been completed in the past:
    FS KBT P-3A Repaint Pack (Airstrike and Buffalo Airways)
    UKMIL CH-47D Repaint Pack (Coulson-Unical, Billings, Columbia, California Army National Guard, and Helimax)
    ISDT King Air 200 (NSW Firescan Australia, Conair (fictional), USFS Lead, USFS IR Platform, and Cal Fire) Pack also includes IR camera mod for P3D users that I added.
    CL-415 (Aero-Flite USA fleet)
    Quality Wings BAe-146-200 (Neptune Aviation Fleet)
    Aerosoft OV-10 (Current Cal Fire liveries for Ramona, Hemet, Porterville, Paso Robles, Redding, and Chico) Pack 1 (Pack 2 is in development for the remaining fleet)
    SGA DC-9/MD-87 (Erickson Aero entire fleet)
    PMDG 737-700WL (Coulson T-137 & 138 in US/Australia liveries)
    Vista Liners 737-300W (Coulson T-137 & 138 US/Australia liveries)

Repaints now on SOH:
    CV-580 Air Tanker Repaint Pack (Conair and Saskatchewan):
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...4&linkid=25971

CS C-130H Air Tanker Repaint Pack:
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...6&linkid=26000

Current WIP 11/25/2019:
    Cera Sim Firehawk (SOH mod) Cal Fire, Ventura County, Santa Barbara County, and San Diego Fire, and possibly the rest of LA County Fire's Firehawks as a second pack.
    Aerosoft OV-10 Bronco Pack 2 (2nd half of Cal Fire fleet in current livery) Pack 1 will be uploaded to SOH along with Pack 2.
    Milton Shupe's S-2F3AT (Cal Fire's entire fleet liveries circa 2019) Yes, all 20+ airframes will be done. May end up as 2 packs, but I'm not sure yet.

WIP on the current Cal Fire S-2T paint schemes
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails S-2.jpg  

Aerial Firefighting Aircraft Development & Simulation Group
    Simulated Air Tanker Operations Facebook! <<click
    SATO Youtube Channel! <<click

Ramona AAB T-70 and T-71 complete

Starting south and will be working north in terms of repainting each base's compliment of S-2Ts. Ramona's being the first on that list has been completed. Added shadows and some exhaust staining to the model. The S-2Ts are heavily used by Cal Fire during fire season, being they are the state's workhorse in the air. Adding some "wear" if you will, felt appropriate. Repainting will likely slow down quite a bit during the holidays. In that case, there may not be any new repaint packs posted, but I will at least be working on moving those mentioned past projects here.

Ramona AAB's S-2Ts.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails SOH.jpg  

Work on the S-2Ts continue. So far I have 3 bases done. Ramona, Hemet, and Paso Robles. I've added more exhaust staining and retardant staining to some of these and will alternate between them going up the rest of the fleet for aircraft variation sake. I probably wont do much the rest of the week as I'll be traveling for the holiday. Work on the Firehawks also continues. Starting on the OV-10s probably some time next week.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails hemet.jpg   paso.jpg  

Thanks for the c130 package

Quote Originally Posted by Scorch00 View Post
    Work on the S-2Ts continue. So far I have 3 bases done. Ramona, Hemet, and Paso Robles. I've added more exhaust staining and retardant staining to some of these and will alternate between them going up the rest of the fleet for aircraft variation sake. I probably wont do much the rest of the week as I'll be traveling for the holiday. Work on the Firehawks also continues. Starting on the OV-10s probably some time next week.

looking forward to these little beauties... Many thanks Scorch00!!!
    Cheers,

Stéph.

Quote Originally Posted by jeansy View Post
    Thanks for the c130 package
    You're very welcome!

In regards to the C-130 package ironically, I'll be doing another small pack (2 liveries) that will add one more aircraft to Cal Fire and correct the Cal Fire repaint. As the actual aircraft have evolved since i originally did those, the liveries have added markings and numbers to it, which I'm also working on replicating at this time.

I should add that these S-2s are not mine, they are Milton Shupe's great S-2Ts that were converted to FSX and P3D v4+ compatible. Milton also did the PT-6 powered S-2T Firecats that are also great models. The more powerful Garrett powered Marsh (Cal Fire) versions are the one's I'm familiar with, having grown up around them.

An update on my other projects. Work on the Firehawks continues, the first 3 aircraft or the "base," repaints I call them, are 95% done for Cal Fire, Ventura County, and San Diego Fire. I haven't started on Santa Barbara County yet. I probably will once I make more headway on the rest of Aerosoft OV-10s in Cal Fire liveries. I'll be keeping myself busy, that's for sure!

Cal Fire Firehawk livery updated to it's most current version with Cal Fire as of 11/28/2019.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails firehawk.jpg  

Nearly halfway through the Cal Fire S-2T fleet. Ramona, Hemet, Paso, Porterville, and Hollister are now complete. I am doing the entire fleet of 23 S-2Ts in case people were wondering. Firehawks are on hold. I've decided to break them up into 3 separate packs now to make it easier to represent the liveries more accurately as the Firehawks are so new still, registration numbers and all decals/paint schemes haven't been finalized IRL. Pack 1 will just be H903 for Cal Fire, SDFD Copter 3, Ventura County Chopper 5, and H964 for Santa Barbara County. Cal Fire H205, H301, and VCSO Copter 10 will be in a second pack. The last one will be entirely LA County Fire's Firehawks. Aerosoft OV-10s Cal Fire liveries will probably get started next week some time. As Mike Patey likes to say, "Back to work!"

S-2Ts!

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails cfS2T.jpg  

I am slowly chipping away at the Cal Fire fleet. I have them knocked down to the last 4 aircraft and last 3 bases. Chico, Redding, and Roherville. I'm thinking I'll be done repainting some time this weekend with these, but since there will be 24 aircraft in this, I have a lot of double checking to do to make sure I didn't miss something. I've included 1 additional fictional livery of T-100, the spare aircraft based at McClellan. It remains in the Generation II livery of the S-2T. So I've included a version of it that combines the new C-130 livery with the current S-2T liveries to incorporate the 3rd number into the livery.

Columbia and Sonoma AAB

Grass Valley and Ukiah AAB:

T-100 current and fictional livery (T-100 real livery wing number needs to be corrected):
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails S-2Tcolson.jpg   GBUs-2t.jpg   100.jpg  

Yeah, nice job Scorch!. Quite a collection you are amassing there.
    "Try to stay in the middle of the air. Do not go near the edges of it. The edges of the air can be recognized by the appearance of ground, buildings, sea, trees and interstellar space. It is much more difficult to fly there".

Quote Originally Posted by Aharon View Post
    Very very very impressive!!
    Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by scotth6 View Post
    Yeah, nice job Scorch!. Quite a collection you are amassing there.
    Thank you! Yes, 24 of them. The most I've done up to this point for a single project. I do entire fleets a lot of times simply for the sake of variety and that people may want to represent/fly aircraft they have seen. Only way to do that is do the WHOLE fleet a lot of times lol.

A little break from S-2T updates. I've been cycling back through my past repaint projects and will be uploading 2 this weekend to SOH. Likely one tonight and another sometime Saturday or Sunday (12/7-12/8/2019). The first repaint pack will be the Erickson Aero Fleet of MD-87s (SGA freeware DC-9 converted and modified by Chris Evans) and the Neptune Aviation Fleet of BAe-146-200s from Quality Wings.

MD-87s (Just uploaded to SOH) UPDATE:

Bae-146-200s
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails mdfleet.jpg   146 fleet.jpg  
    Last edited by Scorch00; December 6th, 2019 at 15:51. Reason: Just uploaded the MD-87, added the update

I do entire fleets a lot of times simply for the sake of variety and that people may want to represent/fly aircraft they have seen. Only way to do that is do the WHOLE fleet a lot of times lol.

That's certainly true. As a matter of fact that's what I was doing this week :

"Try to stay in the middle of the air. Do not go near the edges of it. The edges of the air can be recognized by the appearance of ground, buildings, sea, trees and interstellar space. It is much more difficult to fly there".

Quote Originally Posted by scotth6 View Post
    That's certainly true. As a matter of fact that's what I was doing this week :
    Nice! Thanks for sharing that. Makes me happy seeing them in other people's sims!

The Cal Fire repaints for the S-2F3ATs (S-2Ts) for Milton Shupe's model are complete. Paints were all constructed in P3D v4.5 so they should work all the way back into FSX. I am doing continuity checks and tweaks to them. 24 aircraft total, the largest as mentioned repaint pack I've done so far. This is Cal Fire's ENTIRE current fleet of 23 S-2Ts and a fictional repaint of one aircraft, T-100. I estimate late weekend upload at the earliest, or some time next week, likely early week (before Thursday) at the latest. Aircraft have added shadows, exhaust staining, and retardant belly stains for certain bases for variation in the bases. If I don't finish these this weekend, I will still at least be uploading the QW BA4-146-200 Neptune Aviation repaint pack on Sunday to the site.

***EDIT*** Pack was uploaded to SOH 12/8/19 @ 01:30 CST (Texas, USA)

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails S=2T pack.jpg  
    Last edited by Scorch00; December 7th, 2019 at 22:32. Reason: updated that the pack had been posted to SOH

Nice! Thanks for sharing that. Makes me happy seeing them in other people's sims!

The Cal Fire repaints for the S-2F3ATs (S-2Ts) for Milton Shupe's model are complete. Paints were all constructed in P3D v4.5 so they should work all the way back into FSX. I am doing continuity checks and tweaks to them. 24 aircraft total, the largest as mentioned repaint pack I've done so far. This is Cal Fire's ENTIRE current fleet of 23 S-2Ts and a fictional repaint of one aircraft, T-100. I estimate late weekend upload at the earliest, or some time next week, likely early week (before Thursday) at the latest. Aircraft have added shadows, exhaust staining, and retardant belly stains for certain bases for variation in the bases. If I don't finish these this weekend, I will still at least be uploading the QW BA4-146-200 Neptune Aviation repaint pack on Sunday to the site.

***EDIT*** Pack was uploaded to SOH 12/8/19 @ 01:30 CST (Texas, USA)

Looking forward to this release!!!

Quote Originally Posted by gribouil View Post
    Looking forward to this release!!!
    The S-2T repaints are now available!

I'll likely start working on the Aerosoft OV-10s here in a couple days, that pack will come here in 2 parts as I did the first pack a little ways back. Figured I'd just wait to upload those or add them as a single pack here. Not sure yet. I'll also be finishing up the first pack of Cera Sim Firehawks. Also, I will be starting repaints for the JBK v3 DC-4/C-54 tankers that were updated by Tom over at Cal Classics back in August (rather quietly I may add) for FSX/P3D v4+ compatibility. Planning on doing some Aero Union paints, Ardco (pictured below), Aero-Flite, and a few other operators. Sheesh, I also forgot that with the recent S-2T upload I pushed back the QW BAe-146s (mentioned a few posts ago) until Monday (12/9) evening.

Current Cal Fire liveries coming for the Aerosoft OV-10 (the WHOLE fleet):

JBK DC-4 v3 Tankers:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ov-10.jpg   dc-4.png  

Firehawk Pack 1 Nearing Completion

The firehawk pack is nearing completion. I finished Ventura County Sheriff's aircraft yesterday evening and finished Santa Barbara County Fire's tonight. After I look it over some more and align some of the striping these will be getting uploaded. Likely some time before the end of the week. Pack 1 will consist of San Diego Fire Chopper 3, Ventura County Sheriff Chopper 5, Cal Fire H903, and Santa Barbara County Fire Dept H964.

My rendition of SBCF vs. an artist rendering of what it would possibly look like.

Also, if anyone hasn't caught it yet. The BAe-146 Repaint Pack for Neptune Aviation is also now on the site. OV-10 templates for the remaining fleet are also done, so I'll start on doing those soon as well. I'm thinking the DC-4s may not get much love until some time next week maybe. I've done a lot of painting over the last couple days and my eyes need a rest lol.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails FHAWK.jpg  

Aerosoft OV-10s started

Started adding to the pack once again. The original pack (which I have not posted on SOH yet) had roughly half of Cal Fire's current liveries in it. Pack 1 had: Ramona, Hemet, Paso Robles, Porterville, Chico, and Redding. Pack 2 will have the remaining bases: Ukiah, Columbia, Sonoma, Grass Valley, Hollister, Roherville, and multiple aircraft stationed at McClellan (Cal Fire HQ). 9 Aircraft in Pack 2. I've decided to leave the pack split as it is easier than having to repackage the whole aircraft set for two separate sites. Pack 1 will likely be uploaded here the same day as Pack 2, just so they'll be easier to find. The next update will probably be for when the Firehawk pack is done.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails bronco.jpg  

Thanks for all of these repaints. I especially appreciate the Convairs from Saskatchewan. My home province doesn't usually feature much in repaints.

Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by lliaghll View Post
    Thanks for all of these repaints. I especially appreciate the Convairs from Saskatchewan. My home province doesn't usually feature much in repaints.

Thanks again.
    You're very welcome! Aerial Firefighting is a large relatively untouched area of aviation in the Sim world. Especially in P3D. There were requests on our FB page to do their CL-215Ts/415s as well which I may do in the future.

Cera Sim Firehawk repaint pack is complete. I'm in the process of readying them for upload to SOH and Simviation this evening.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails FIREHAWKS.jpg  

CAL FIRE OV-10 Fleet Completed

I have completed the current entire fleet liveries of Cal Fire's OV-10 Broncos. These will be in 2 packages. Pack 1 will have; Ramona, Hemet, Porterville, Paso Robles, Chico, and Redding in it. Pack 2 will have Ukiah, Roherville, Hollister, Sonoma, Columbia, Grass Valley, and 3 of McClellan's Broncos, an active and the 2 spares AA500 and AA505. Pack 2 will also include a 10th repaint, and that is to correct an incorrect tail number in pack 1 that I noticed. It will be a simple aircraft.cfg fix and a replacement of the old texture file with the new one. I am going to be looking them over to make sure I didn't forget something and I'll be uploading packs here and simviation on Friday I imagine. You'll also see AA430 in the photo, it was pointed out to me a little while ago, it was actually renumbered to AA501, so that change will also be corrected in my repaints. My reference sheet was a few years old. I was bound to miss a few things.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails OV-10PACK2.jpg  

Members +
    Great stuff, are any of these skins for FS2004?
    Robin
    Cape Town, South Africa

Quote Originally Posted by zswobbie1 View Post
    Great stuff, are any of these skins for FS2004?
    Unfortunately, no. These are for the Aerosoft OV-10 for FSX/P3D.

Aerosoft OV-10 Cal Fire livery packs uploaded to SOH!

I have uploaded both packs to SOH tonight. Pack 1 was released on Simviation several months ago and had an incorrect tail number for AA-410. Which, the fix is included in Pack 2 as is the aircraft.cfg fix to reflect that. For those eagle eyed people you'll notice the thumbnail for pack 1 has the incorrect tail number. These are the current liveries for the ENTIRE fleet of Cal Fire Broncos. Unfortunately the current 5-blade props are not represented in the Aerosoft models, nor is the single OV-10D 4-blade props on AA-505. But at least the textures are!

Pack 1:
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...4&linkid=26118

Pack 2:
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...4&linkid=26119

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ov-10pack2.jpg  

JBK DC-4 / C-54 Tanker Repaints Started

I have begun working on repaints for the JBK V3 DC-4 / C-54s this week. For those that don't know, the crew over at Cal Classic's had quietly converted the great DC-4s to FSX native making them flyable in P3D V4+. Also, I am working on some repaints to go along with my Hovercontrol Bell 212 and 412 Open Source version conversions for P3D v4+. (that's in the P3D discussion area). I have 2 other conversion projects that will temporarily shelve the 212/412 project, as I got permissions to modify aircraft for P3D a few weeks ago and I've only been working on those off and on. I'll be starting a thread in the P3D section for those projects as well. Which, will also have more of my repaints to go with those. I'll be announcing those projects probably right around Christmas Eve once I have modeling and textures more completed. But back to the DC-4s. I plan on doing some repaints for Aero Union, Aero-Flite, Ardco, and a few other operators of them as tankers. You can see the start of those below.

JBK DC-4 Air Tankers (Aero Union & Aero-Flite)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails dc-4.jpg  

It's been a long time since I updated this thread with projects. The DC-6 and DC-7 projects took a lot of time once they got the go ahead. But I have a series of projects lined up for the first part of 2020 and have already begun a number of them. First on the list is completing the DC-4 repaint pack. Right now I have 4 operators represented, I will be adding a 5th one. But I have 8 aircraft painted right now. Ardco T-151. Aero Union T-02, 14, 15, and 19. TBM Inc. T-65. Lastly, Aero-Flite T-160 and 161. As far as other projects go. The Bell 412 and 212s over in the P3D section will be getting some updates soon as well, but it's not nearly done yet. Repaints wise, I am working on repaints for the P-61 Black Widow (F-15 Reporter), A-26 Invader, AT-802 SEATs wheeled & Amphib versions in US and other liveries, and updated Cal Fire C-130 repaints ( adding T-116 and updating 118).

Also, for anyone curious, Cal Classics did convert the JBK V3 DC-4s (these aren't the Flight Repiica's Payware DC-4 tanker) over to FSX native and they work in P3D v4.5 which is what I operate in. There is a thread on their forum of where to download the updated models. They converted all versions of it thankfully.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DC-4s.jpg  

Members who have read this thread: 4