No Autopilot working in Manfred Jahns C47

Thread: No Autopilot working in Manfred Jahns C47

Icon5 No Autopilot working in Manfred Jahns C47

Hello everybody,

as the title says, the Autopilot is not working for me.
    I do not have the modern VC installed, just the "classic" version.

But AP is not working, also not when I use the controlling panel with the Ap settings itself.

Does anybody has a hint whats wrong?

many thanks!

There isn't one. He was not able to code an accurate representation of the Sperry autopilot, so the one in the VC is marked as "INOP".
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

thx for answering!

I was just referring to the manual:

"AUTOPILOT
    There is no vintage autopilot (so far). Switching on the autopilot with the pedestalswitch will allow the user to set altitude and heading hold via the usual FSX/P3D simulatorcontrols. Autopilot functions are available as well in the Autopilot section of the MonitorPanel (see below)."

And I see also the "Autopilot_enabled=1" entry in the aircraft.cfg and wonder if there's really not one?

All the pedestal switch does is turn the AP master switch ON or OFF. In the Monitor > Autopilot subpanel you have access to the usual Autopilot functons including some useful presets. Also check the Avionics Help panel for additional functionality.

Hello Manfred,

yes, this is what I know, but it is not working.

Despite if I switch it on via the pedestal VC or in the monitor panel, the aircraft does not react to the AP

How to check this ... you have a default install, no fancy gauges running in the background, and the AP working in other planes?

Avionics master ON? (Else nothing doing!)

Post a picture in flight, with the Monitor panel open? That sometimes gives a clue....

Many thanks for your help!

I solved my issue now as I made two errors:

First, I was not aware, that I have to enable ALT and/or HDG by clicking on the ALT/HDG font itself in the monitor panel.
    Second was, that I hav had assigned the wrong AP functions in my LINDA/MCP2 settings (AP ALT sel instead of AP ALT hold, etc.)

Now, everything is working and I enjoy your plane very much!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails C47Ap.jpg  

Glad you managed to get it working! And indeed some of the old FXS-type gauges are no longer functional. Looking forward to AH's offering.

Members who have read this thread: 0