Jonesoft quick combat editor..

Thread: Jonesoft quick combat editor..

Jonesoft quick combat editor..

can someone help refresh some brain cells for me? I have just redesignated a drive for my theaters and my QCeditor keeps showing the old drive. How do I delete the old path? I know about designating the new path just can't remember how to get rid of the old path.

Also as a side, my Quick Flight is showing a airfield listing of airfields I don't beleive that I have. I went to Scenedb \afd files\scenery and renamed (x'ed out) the cfs2afd.bgl. These bases still keep in the list. Where else would the list be? Tried the Opareas, in Info, that is one by Jadg v 1.3 and don't see them there.
    Stymied, or am I just jousting with windmills like Don Quixote?

For JSQCEd Configuration and use the remove all entries thing. Hit apply than exit and restart and all will be back to as new with no entries.

As for the cfs2afd.bgl you have to delete it or rename the file extension of it. Good Ex: cfs2afd.ZbglZ. Simply renaming the first part won't stop CFS2 from reading it.
    "Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right!" Some SOH Founder.

In your INFO folder there is a file called "airbases.dat" It could be pulling your airfield data from this list.

Thanks for the replies......

. In order:
    ALLEN: I completely forgot about renaming the extension. Will do that later. I was going to do the remove path but can't remember if the QED rebuilds automatically or if I have to start the whole plane delineation thing over again.

UT: That is the first place I looked, INFO\airbase.dat, with no joy. Thanks anyway.

If it applies, have a HAPPY THANKSGIVING! (or lat least try to anyway.)

Fibber:
    CFS2 shouldn't be able to make a new one. The file was installed from the CD. If you want fully rename the stock cfs2afd.bgl than make a Notepad .txt file and put in some lines of junk and save it.

Now rename the .txt file to cfs2afd.bg so CFS2 will read it but since it isn't a real .bgl nothing will be loaded. This is how my Euro install is set up right now.

UncleTgt:
    airbase.dat is used for Mission Builder for airbases only. Free Flight and Quick Combat are done by cfs2afd.bgl for stock runways.
    "Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right!" Some SOH Founder.

Allen....

....Thanks for the info. It relighted some synapses in my brain and just deleted the afd cfs2. If I really need it will get it from the stock. As to the QC , I just made copies of the QC folders (all theaters) opened up the Editor and deleted the entries. I then recopied the QC copies back to their folders and restarted the Editor. Just redesignating the new drive. It then recognized the files and ...GIDDIE UP!!!

Members who have read this thread: 0