Installation Problems with Capt Sim C130 X-perience

Thread: Installation Problems with Capt Sim C130 X-perience

Installation Problems with Capt Sim C130 X-perience

Hi All,
    Over the years I have purchased many Capt Sim Products, with no problems. I have just purchased and downloaded the above, making double-sure I had the FSX version. When the installation was started, my antivirus protection was temporarily disabled, as instructed, but on entering the required order number, by copy, then paste, an error notice was popped up. Tried manually entering the order number, same result. Went to product support, general discussion, attempted to find similar problems and tried several, still no result. Tried to start new thread, not allowable. Went back to "My Profile" as per advised, using my email address, order number, and the five number requirement, and after five or six attempts, finally managed to check profile. In this case when entering the required information, again was advised that there was an error, (wrong email, wrong O/N, or wrong five number requirement-I carefully checked them on every attempt). The crowning slap in the face, is not being able to place my problem on their support page apparently. Does anyone have any ideas on how I can contact Capt. Sim. to get some form of advice as I am getting somewhat aggravated at not being able to complete and install a simple purchase!!

Catboat - Capt Sim appear to have some issues with their servers at the moment. Not the purchase or download process but the install-verification side. I had to reinstall three Capt Sim products this week as I slowly rebuild my FSX system after a hard drive wipe out. I went back and forwards for over three days. They did respond but it still kept failing. Finally a member there who I know of from their forum suggested I try the manual installation process. Here is the link to my post and MarkOz's response:

https://www.captainsim.org/forum/csf.pl?num=1573815439

The process is a bit laborious but it worked finally and I got them all installed again. Essentially you have to let the loader installer fail then quit then do it again and then select manual off line activation. When you get there you have to request a code key which is generated by them and will drop into the folder you have the install zip. Then you have to go another step and find the page where you ask for another key select the key they sent you and it will then generate another code key which it will then accept and then install normally. Something is obviously stuffed at that area on their website. Given they are in the Ukraine (so I am told) I am not surprised they have issues. Read the post from MarkOz carefully he has a screenshot - and it is as clear as mud the process. Sorry best I can offer.

Thanks Bendy

Will keep trying, and following your advice. Will let you know how I go. Sounds like they have real issues. A great pity, as I have never had this problem before with Capt Sim. Best Regards, and thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by BendyFlyer View Post
    Catboat - Capt Sim appear to have some issues with their servers at the moment. Not the purchase or download process but the install-verification side. I had to reinstall three Capt Sim products this week as I slowly rebuild my FSX system after a hard drive wipe out. I went back and forwards for over three days. They did respond but it still kept failing. Finally a member there who I know of from their forum suggested I try the manual installation process. Here is the link to my post and MarkOz's response:

https://www.captainsim.org/forum/csf.pl?num=1573815439

The process is a bit laborious but it worked finally and I got them all installed again. Essentially you have to let the loader installer fail then quit then do it again and then select manual off line activation. When you get there you have to request a code key which is generated by them and will drop into the folder you have the install zip. Then you have to go another step and find the page where you ask for another key select the key they sent you and it will then generate another code key which it will then accept and then install normally. Something is obviously stuffed at that area on their website. Given they are in the Ukraine (so I am told) I am not surprised they have issues. Read the post from MarkOz carefully he has a screenshot - and it is as clear as mud the process. Sorry best I can offer.

Probably should have waited a couple of weeks, they will more than likely do there usual Xmas sale and sell everything for $10 each
    Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero
    i9-9900K
    32Gb Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR4 3200MHz
    MSI RTX 2080Ti Ventus
    Corsair H115i Cooler
    Corsair RM850X PSU
    Phanteks Evolv X case
    Asus VG32G Monitor 2560x1440
    Win 10
    Oculus Quest 2
    Logitech G29
    Saitek X56
    Saitek Pro Pedals
    Saitek Cessna Trim Wheel

I was burned by Capt. Sim on a C-130 purchase some years ago. When I asked for a refund because there was no success in lnstalling the aircraft they informed me that they have a no refund or credit policy. They also did not have a help desk. My purchase was a virtual donation. Many like complaints about this company and particularly this C-130 aircraft can be found on the web. Buyer beware.

SOH-CM-2020
    Last December I purchased the Captain Sim Boeing 757 and had no success installing it.

I'll try again with the info link in #2 post.

Thanks.

Pete.

Members who have read this thread: 0