Hurricane confirmed for FSX

Thread: Hurricane confirmed for FSX

Hurricane confirmed for FSX

We can now officially confirm that our new Hurricanes will be available for FSX. Significant demand has led us to this decision and we feel that it is also appropriate timing, considering recent news and moving into 2020..

The following shots are taken in P3DV4.5 but the level of detail and finish although not PBR will be similar in quality.

Oh dear - there's another "must have". The list is growing faster than my pension.
    Rats - why won't anything work properly first time?

I should also add that this will apply to our Sea Hurricane too. Probably won't make Christmas but you never know...

Stunning looking....

Thank you for appreciating the FSX customer base.

Great, but I am waiting the following item...
    JMC

Thanks Bazz, I really appreciate this. I love the Dunkirk Spit and I think my feelings about this one will be similar. BTW your Hurricanes were always great

Cheers,
    Huub

You buggers, I just bought the older version.

Quote Originally Posted by BendyFlyer View Post
    You buggers, I just bought the older version.
    An effective way to buy you about the same thing twice! Since the Justflight pack "battle of britain" for FSX I have not seen anything worth buying something else but no matter my opinion!
    JMC

We have now decided to add a "restored" example with a modern pilot.

I'm sorry if I have offended you in some way GastonJ, but if you don't mind me saying, it is starting to show.

This Hurricane is nothing like our last package. The previous had examples from various stages of the Hurricane's life including the prototype and we are still proud of it as a standalone product. This one concentrates on the Mk1 from the Battle of Britain. It also has more features, and is more detailed and a higher fidelity thanks to today's tech.

Bazzar, still looking forward to its release. A venerable and much overlooked British fighter classic. Workhorse of the Battle of Britain and the Desert Campaign.

Workhorse of the Battle of Britain and the Desert Campaign.
    Don't forget Burma.
    Rats - why won't anything work properly first time?

Quote Originally Posted by bazzar View Post
    We have now decided to add a "restored" example with a modern pilot.
    Completely and utterly SOLD!

Awesome news Bazz! The screenies look great and I am really pleased about a restored version being included! BBMF livery perhaps? I love your guys Spitfire and this will no doubt be as good!

FSX At War

Ok, who's going to recreate "Cliffs Of Dover" in FSX At War to use the Spit and Hurri in? Will prob' fit in beautifully in to all the guys who are so interested in North Africa in a thread above too.

Great news Baz.

Looking forward to this one!

Just a few quick observations on the screenshots you've posted on here, and your FB page/website product page.

1). The MK.I didn't have a rudder trimmer.

2). I noticed you've also modelled the two speed supercharger push/pull toggle which was only fitted to the MK.II onward (those fitted with two speed/single stage supercharger Merlins XX etc.), as opposed to the single speed/single stage Merlin III of the MK.I.

3). The MK.I should only have a starter switch, and not a booster coil (as did the MK.II onwards). It should also have a 'Starter' magneto on the lower far right hand side of the instrument panel.

4). The gauge under the hydraulic selector should be for the hydraulics, and not the pneumatic brake pressure as is currently modelled.

5). The 'Ground/Flight' switch on the right side of hand cockpit was not fitted to wartime Hurricanes, but is nearly always fitted to restored examples.

6). The main wheels and tyres appear to be oversized. The MK.I was actually fitted with the same 10 inch wheel and brake units (5 spokes) as the early Spitfires, but later MK.Is & the II onward (and all airworthy restored examples) had the 10.25 inch units (4 spokes), as you have currently modelled.

Anyway, as I said, looking forward to it's release.

Cheers

Paul
    Last edited by Bradburger; December 1st, 2019 at 00:31.

Hello Paul. I beg to differ on the rudder trim. I have a great number of photographs of Mk1 Hurricanes, taken during the Battle of Britain and all sport a rudder trimtab with control horn and actuator rods.

Yeah well, got that wrong, it's a balance tab. OK revisions happening.

Yeah well, got that wrong, it's a balance tab. OK revisions happening.
    No worries Bazzar.

If anyone were to look at a MK.Is rudder for the first time and the case being that they were not familiar with the Hurricane (or had a better knowledge of the MK.II), then you would indeed assume it was a trimtab!

Oh, I forgot to say that in place of the Supercharger push/pull lever, there is a slow running cut out on the MK.I.

(Link below to a cockpit picture of recently restored MK.I P2902/G-ROBT): -

https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net...bf&oe=5E87EBC1

Cheers

Paul

It gets interesting doesn't it? There is no mention of a slow running cut in the official Pilot's Notes and nothing in the reference pictures supplied with the POH. Also I see the right hand switch on the triple plate is marked "fuel pump". To my knowledge, the Mk1 had engine driven pumps only, requiring that the engine be started always in reserve to prevent stopping due to half full tanks.So, my guess is that this restoration as a non-original, later tractor unit, not a Merlin II.

"Somewhere out there is Page 6!"
    "But Emilo you promised! It's postpone"

ASWWIAH Member

It gets interesting doesn't it? There is no mention of a slow running cut in the official Pilot's Notes and nothing in the reference pictures supplied with the POH. Also I see the right hand switch on the triple plate is marked "fuel pump". To my knowledge, the Mk1 had engine driven pumps only, requiring that the engine be started always in reserve to prevent stopping due to half full tanks.So, my guess is that this restoration as a non-original, later tractor unit, not a Merlin II.
    Indeed you are correct Bazzar.

Like many early Spitfires flying today, the owner/restorers have chosen to use a Merlin 35 as they are of the latest Mod standard, more plentiful and cheaper, and not quite as delicate and easier to maintain a Merlin III.

(It is also fitted with a Hamilton Standard metal propeller & spinner as fitted to the Canadian built Hurricanes, again due to availability and lower cost).

However, the ex Peter Vacher Hurricane I, R4118 (G-HUPW) was restored to an even higher standard in terms of engine and equipment fit (Merlin III, full radios and equipment etc.), and therefore is probably the better cockpit to take a look at.

(As for the prop, it seems it most likely originally had a D.H bracket prop with metal blades, was then fitted with the Rotol 'blunt' spinner and wooden props - as the model in your screenshots - but today flies with the later style Rotol spinner and prop blades as fitted to late MK.Is, IIs, and IVs due to its availability).

Picture video of this airframe here: -

The Pilots Notes I have for the MK.I include a cockpit guide for an earlier manually operated hydraulic system, and it has a slow running cut out.

I suspect much like early Spitfire Is, earlier Hurricanes were 'Mags Off' to stop the engine, but a few could have been fitted later on with a slow running cut-out control after it was introduced into later build production airframes

Cheers

Paul

We are doing UP-W in original and restored condition. She'll have a DH prop and spinner. The problem with cockpits is that you have to go with a small compromise to avoid having to build several. With PBR required for P3D that takes a lot more work. We also have to provide for the Sea Hurricane.

Just wondering if there is any news or update on the Hurricane. Seen nothing posted on FB or here for awhile.
    -- WH

If at first you don't succeed, try, try,try again. ... or go read the manual.

Quote Originally Posted by WarHorse47 View Post
    Just wondering if there is any news or update on the Hurricane. Seen nothing posted on FB or here for awhile.
    WarHorse,

Bazzar posted some new screenshots in the P3D forum the other day: -

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...re-get-one-up!

Cheers

Paul

Members who have read this thread: 1