Remastered Coral Sea mission pack - Version II

Thread: Remastered Coral Sea mission pack - Version II

Hybrid View

Icon22 Remastered Coral Sea mission pack - Version II

Short question: I love to play the Coral Sea mission pak from Talon and the AF Mission pack from the AF Midway team.

Now I have the following question: I've been playing with the idea of reworking at least Talons ( may he rest in peace ) coral sea mission pak for quite some time, because it's already 16 years old and a lot has changed with the ship models ( Lexington from stuart )....

Now my question, where would I have to ask for permission? or would I be allowed to do so and present my changes here as an optional extension?

Then I have the same first question about replacing a carrier model.

I replaced the VN Lex with Stuart's new Lexington. It is displayed correctly ( here again thanks to Stuart for the Beautiful Ship ) but as an American I can't start on her deck but start immediately in the air. Why is that? What do I have to change here? And is there an exact list of exactly which ships were present in the combat groups? I don't only want to update the carriers, but also the other ships. Here I would also be interested, what would be the best models? Otherwise I would simply orientate myself on the last completed ships or ship classes.

EDIT:

I found this list of units involved.

Would the composition of the combat groups also be based on this list?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle...rder_of_battle

What do you think of the idea to at least give Talons Set a little update? With the airplanes I would stay even with the AF planes, or first of all .

I still wish you a nice Sunday,

Icon22 Reply...

ElsnerMarkus,

As long as you include the original readme files, you should be okay. I believe pen32Win's email is still active, have you tried contacting him?

I may have it around somewhere...
    "Rami"

"Me? I'm just a Sea of Tranquility in an Ocean of Storms, babe."

My campaign site: http://www.box.net/shared/0k1e1rz29h
    My missions site: http://www.box.net/shared/ueh4kazk3v
    My scenery site: http://www.box.net/shared/knb1l0ztobhs2esb14rb

Short question: I was in Roland Emmerich's Midway film yesterday - went in with zero expectations and enthusiastically came out again.

He clearly shows the point of view of both sides and I can only recommend him to everyone:

I have now reworked the CS Strike and Counterstrike as well as All AF Midway missions for myself as far as the porters are concerned.

I used Usio's versions of the Akagi, Kaga, Hiryu and Soryu on Japanese Bears.

For the American carriers GMax USS Yorktown Class and Lexington Class by Stuart. Now my question, should I upload the revised missions with the new ships?

ICh suche übrigens noch ein Trägermodell, mit welchem ich die VN Shoho ersetzen könnte, oder gibt es da noch keines?

ElsnerMarcus: My German is too rusty but I'm glad you are redoing the missions pack. Talon (RIP) would be honored, I'm sure. How was the film? I am going to see it this afternoon.

Also, I am finishing up my USS Essex CV9 campaign revision with new ships on Rumbaflappy mesh. Would you feel up to helping me flight test the missions?

SW07 (Greg)
    "De Oppresso Liber"

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Wolf 07 View Post
    ElsnerMarcus: My German is too rusty but I'm glad you are redoing the missions pack. Talon (RIP) would be honored, I'm sure. How was the film? I am going to see it this afternoon.

Also, I am finishing up my USS Essex CV9 campaign revision with new ships on Rumbaflappy mesh. Would you feel up to helping me flight test the missions?

SW07 (Greg)
    Are there any other models for the Japanese carrier Shoho or is the VN Navy the only one?

Then I came across a probable one.

My plane does not start on the deck of the carrier as soon as I replace it, but is in the air.

What do I have to change in the mission planner?

@SW07, Yes, I would like to help you, you still have my email address, I think.

Quick Status Update.

I have replaced the AF Dauntless SBD 3 with the SBD 3 of the FDG Team ( here you can see the airbrakes )

I replaced the Japanese AF Kates and Vals with the Kates and Vals of the Zuikaku and Shoukaku from the PHP project.

I am still looking for a replacement for the Devastator, otherwise I would only think of the overhaul of the CFS 2 original Devastator.

Next step will be the adaptation of the fleet units to ships and types, I don't know yet which models I want to use.

Screen is from the Attack on the Yorktown Mission, after the Ship is Hit by Several Bombs.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Combat Flight Simulator 2 Screenshot 2019.11.09 - 16.39.32.74.jpg  

Remaster Coreal Sea Mission pack

This is the Remaster Version for the Old from 2003, Build by Talon.

Note: The player starts in the missions in the air, I could not change it unfortunately that from the flight deck or from the airfield is started.

Coral Sea mission pak The missions are historical and are from both the USN and IJN sides.You will be attacking Tulagi,the Shoho and Shokaku,plus defending your own fleet on the USN side.On the IJN side you will be attacking Adm. Graces' cruiser force ,Lexington and Yorktown,plus defending your own fleet.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...=1#linkid25955

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...id=43&id=25955

Have Fun, Greetings, Elsner Markus

Thank you sir. I will check those missions today.
    "De Oppresso Liber"

Hello all, i had Upload The old readme without links, i edit it tonight

I fixed the readme with as many links as I could find:
    Attached Files Attached Files
    "De Oppresso Liber"

Elsner........

......I was reading your README and noticed that you needed links to the Japanese bombs and Torps. Can't give you a link but here are the bombs and torps by Metal Dreams (MD)
    Hope this helps you.

Hello everybody, with Gregs,Fibbers and Andrews help I completed the readme with the missing links and added the two Japanese airplanes ( h6k and F1M2 ) to the package.

Except for the fact that the missions take off in the air everything should work completely.

Have fun with the Remastered Edition.

Greetings from Germany,

Mark

Remastered Coral Sea mission pack.zip

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category CFS 2 Missions Add-Ons

Description: This is the remastered version for the old from 2003, built by Talon.

Thanks to Greg, Andrew, and Fibber with the missing Links, i have edited the pack and the 2 Japanese planes (H6k, F1M2 are now in the Aircraft Folder)

Note: The player starts in the missions in the air, I could not change it unfortunately that from the flight deck or from the airfield is started.

Coral Sea mission pack. The missions are historical and are from both the USN and IJN sides. You will be attacking Tulagi, the Shoho and Shokaku, plus defending your own fleet on the USN side. On the IJN side you will be attacking Adm. Graces' cruiser force, Lexington and Yorktown, plus defending your own fleet.

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit Remastered Coral Sea mission pack.zip
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

Markus:

I have fixed the in-the-air starts for the carrier missions but I can't find the: SHA_NEOSHO ( from PHP Ship Pack ) . The link given downloads Maxstuka_ship_improvements_part_2, bu Neosho is not in there.
    "De Oppresso Liber"

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Wolf 07 View Post
    I have fixed the in-the-air starts for the carrier missions but I can't find the: SHA_NEOSHO ( from PHP Ship Pack ) . The link given downloads Maxstuka_ship_improvements_part_2, bu Neosho is not in there.

I Fix it, the Neosho is from the PHP Add on Ship packs

Here is it:

Attached Files Attached Files

I have reupload the Pack and add the Neosho .

Thank you for the ship. I put it in and all is fine. Sorry it took so long but I sent you the missions with my changes. The player now launches as he should - from the decks. For my simplicity I hand edited the "paints" of the planes out and put in the overhaul Vals and Kates. I was too lazy to go hunting for the "skins." You can put them put them back in if you like, but use hand editing.

Be advised, if you change a ship or plane in Mission Builder, you have to reassign the plane to "take off" and "land at base" or when you save, they will start in the air. It's a MB quirk.

Cheers:

SW07
    "De Oppresso Liber"

Quote Originally Posted by ElsnerMarkus View Post
    I Fix it, the Neosho is from the PHP Add on Ship packs

Here is it:

Neosho is in the maxstuka collection paks, but the class of this ships has other name because neosho is only a name of a ship, but the class of his ships is Cimarron-class

Members who have read this thread: 0