Is there an interest

Thread: Is there an interest

Is there an interest

I wish to thank everyone for the interest shown in our Sikorsky S-56 / HR2S "Deuce"/ H-37 Mojave

I was wondering if there is any interest out there in having an AI only version of my model of the
    Sikorsky S-56 / HR2S "Deuce"/ H-37 Mojave for FS9 and Mick's textures?

In about 2008 when we were working on our Autogyro i asked for help with the flight model someone gave me a aircraft.cfg and air file for an AI helicopter that he thought might work for it. I stored it away for later use if needed the only problem with it is it taxi's like an aircraft and uses a rolling take off which is often shown in some of the videos instead of a vertical take off

David Wooster

I'll add that when I was researching the S-56, I read that H-37 and HR2S pilots preferred to make rolling take-offs and landings.

Years ago I was at Provincetown on Cape Cod and saw a visiting Coast Guard HH-52 start up, hover-taxi at an altitude of about one foot along the taxiway to the active runway, then make a rolling take-off. P-town is an uncontrolled airport, so there was no ATC directing it to do that. I wondered about it.

Then I read Bob Mason's book "Chickenhawk." He explained why rolling take-offs and landings are safer and therefore preferable to vertical take-offs and landings, and that vertical take-offs and landings are best used only when there isn't room to roll until translational lift is established on take-off, or to maintain some forward speed until touchdown.

So I don't think there's anything unusual or unrealistic about a helicopter taking off and landing like an airplane.

Members who have read this thread: 0