Carenado website slow

Thread: Carenado website slow

Carenado website slow

Anyone else her been trying to buys direct from the Carenado site during the sale ?

For me the whole site is mega slooooow and after adding a plane to my basket the sale price disappeares from most of the others and adding them will want to charge full price.
    Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero
    i9-9900K
    32Gb Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR4 3200MHz
    MSI RTX 2080Ti Ventus
    Corsair H115i Cooler
    Corsair RM850X PSU
    Phanteks Evolv X case
    Asus VG32G Monitor 2560x1440
    Win 10
    Oculus Quest 2
    Logitech G29
    Saitek X56
    Saitek Pro Pedals
    Saitek Cessna Trim Wheel

It is slow, or even down. I cannot access the site anymore. I've sent a message to them, but haven't got any reply.

Gunnar van der Meeren

MSFS 2020 Standard/AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 3.7-4.8 GHz/Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz 64GB/Asus GeForce RTX 3090 TUF OC gaming GDDR6X 24GB

I was not able to place an order for their sale aircraft, as the site would crash repeatedly. I finally gave up and got the sale pricing at Just Flight. This must be costing them thousands in failed orders.

Yep, same thing happened to me. Put something in my basket only to have it change to full price one it got there.

LouP

Almost picked up the 208Ex and the 206, but got frustrated with how long it was taking just to go from page to page. That was at 5AM ET today.

What are the advantages and disadvantages of purchasing direct from a developer?
    I’ve got most of Carenado’s stuff from Just Flight or PC Aviator, both of which are usually cheaper.
    Windows 8.1 64 bit
    P3D v3.4
    P3D v4.5
    FSX-SE
    X-Plane 11

This website has issues as well. Clicked reply with quote but the quote wasn't copied over.

What are the advantages and disadvantages of purchasing direct from a developer?
    I’ve got most of Carenado’s stuff from Just Flight or PC Aviator, both of which are usually cheaper.
    The advantages are the the developer gets all of the money, they don't have to pay a (typical) 30% commission to some store.
    And if they have updates they go on their own site first. A lot of stores can take a couple weeks before they post the update.

Personally, I'm cheap by nature so even though I'm a associated with a couple developers I always go for sales and added discounts.

Yep same here. I usually like to order direct ftom them and hsd done without issues, but this time when I visited the website to buy one of their products on sale , I could not purchase it with the slow load times making it nearly unusable. it was so bad I had to get their product from SimMarket and it was actually cheaper there than Carrnado's sale price.
    Mark

JustFlight are my reseller of choice, their site seems to be reliable and fast.
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Quote Originally Posted by wombat666 View Post
    JustFlight are my reseller of choice, their site seems to be reliable and fast.
    Yes, JustFlight is rock solid and they give points to be used against future purchases.

In this sale you might save an additional 10% at PC Aviator today (Tuesday).

I also noticed that Simshack has a lower price on a few items.

Pays to be a smart shopper so you have a few extra bucks to contribute to the annual server campaign here at SOH.

They've fixed it. I just bought the planes I wanted to get this time around.
    Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero
    i9-9900K
    32Gb Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR4 3200MHz
    MSI RTX 2080Ti Ventus
    Corsair H115i Cooler
    Corsair RM850X PSU
    Phanteks Evolv X case
    Asus VG32G Monitor 2560x1440
    Win 10
    Oculus Quest 2
    Logitech G29
    Saitek X56