de Havilland Vampire DH-100 by SwissMilSim
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: de Havilland Vampire DH-100 by SwissMilSim

de Havilland Vampire DH-100 by SwissMilSim

Was wondering if anyone has this and what you think of it.

Available at SimMarket

Looks impressive, but costly.
    -- WH

If at first you don't succeed, try, try,try again. ... or go read the manual.

I got this the other day and been a fan of the Vampire I have found it great as you stated it is a bit pricey but if you like the Vampire go for it
    did a paint job on it yesterday the first Vampire built in Australia

MB Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Master CPU i7 12700K @4.6 GHz GPU Gigabyte RTX 3080ti Cooler Noctua NH-U15 with 2 fans RAM 32MB Corsair DDR5 Vengeance 5200MHz Power Supply Corsair HX1000 Watt Case Thermaltake level 20 xt Windows 11 64 bit Thrustmaster HOTAS warthog stick and throttle Thrustmaster TPR pendular rudder pedals

Ooohhh... nice pics.

Yes, I'm a fan of the Vampire as well. Any issues encountered with the product or install?
    -- WH

It has great flying characteristics things get a bit dicey when you load bombs or wing tanks increasing the weight

you have to fly at the right power settings other wise you will blow the motor very realistic

a very nice cockpit all gauges are in Swiss but I believe they are going to bring out a international model which will be great

A great machine

It comes made for FSX FSX-Steam and p3DV4.5
    MB Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Master CPU i7 12700K @4.6 GHz GPU Gigabyte RTX 3080ti Cooler Noctua NH-U15 with 2 fans RAM 32MB Corsair DDR5 Vengeance 5200MHz Power Supply Corsair HX1000 Watt Case Thermaltake level 20 xt Windows 11 64 bit Thrustmaster HOTAS warthog stick and throttle Thrustmaster TPR pendular rudder pedals

Hello,

The idea of this development was to reproduce as accurately as possible the aircraft, its flight and mission behaviour and the way it was flown. To do this, we have added not only TacPack support, but also missions (scenarios) that allow you to better discover your environment at the time.

Two former pilots of this real aircraft participated in the design and conducted multiple tests. In addition, most of the systems have been modeled and are functional, such as the NAFU and GCA navigation system, which makes it a unique extension to my knowledge.

Another unique feature: the extension is available in 3 languages: French, German and English, for missions, checklists, but also for the manual which is over 100 pages long (downloadable from our website)!

All this is the result of more than 2 years of work and I would like to thank in advance those who will support us by purchasing this extension.

Now, I understand that this price can discourage some of them, it's not an extension that you buy on a whim, but rather after reflection.

We are a small team of 4 people who do this as amateurs and who have spent thousands of cumulative hours on the project. The income is therefore only a meagre compensation.

In addition, we believe that the quality of our extension is similar to an A2A extension, for example in terms of realism, and therefore the price is also similar and therefore corresponds to the market price.

Jérôme from SwissMilSim Team

Thanks for a great product Jerome

John

Thanks for the background, Jerome.

Can you share more information on the "international model" mentioned by musterpilot?
    -- WH

Sorry, but I have nothing more...
    The only thing that I can say is that we planned to do an international version, with international textures, because this one is with a swiss cockpit.
    We are going to discuss this soon with the team, but no details at all for the moment.
    Jérôme

Hi Jérôme,

Another question: can this model be simply started up by ctrl+e or does it require a startup procedure.

When I have time, startup procedures are no problem, but sometimes (after work or after helping my boy with his studies), I just like to get up into the air fast and enjoy some time flying.

Cheers,

Priller

Hi Priller,

Yes, it is possible to startup using CTRL+E as a simpler startup procedure too.

Best regards,
    Jérôme

A few shots with different armament

start up

rockets

bombs

more bombs

Fuel tanks

Near 55 Eu?
    Ups, looks nice but the price isnt for me.
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Jerome,

Seems I've encountered a problem with my FSXA install.

I have sent an e-mail to the SMS Support, but have not received a response. Thanks.
    -- WH

Did you download the right version for your sim ?

there are a few version options

Quote Originally Posted by musterpilot View Post
    Did you download the right version for your sim ?

there are a few version options
    Of course.

The installation went fine. The installer found the FSXA install.

All is fine except that the Tacpack weapons are not loading for the short nose model. Fuel tanks and empty pylons are showing. There are no display problems with the long nose model.

After my report to SMS, I did a full uninstall - downloaded a fresh installer - and reinstalled the aircraft, and the issue persists. My guess is that there is something quirky with the short nose model for the FSX install.

SMS is looking into the problem.
    -- WH

Quote Originally Posted by WarHorse47 View Post
    Of course.

The installation went fine. The installer found the FSXA install.

All is fine except that the Tacpack weapons are not loading for the short nose model. Fuel tanks and empty pylons are showing. There are no display problems with the long nose model.

After my report to SMS, I did a full uninstall - downloaded a fresh installer - and reinstalled the aircraft, and the issue persists. My guess is that there is something quirky with the short nose model for the FSX install.

SMS is looking into the problem.
    Glad you are getting it sorted

Quote Originally Posted by musterpilot View Post
    Glad you are getting it sorted
    Not yet, but we're working on it.

BTW - which version of the sim did you take those screenshots from? Seems you were able to get the weapons to display.
    -- WH

Quote Originally Posted by WarHorse47 View Post
    Not yet, but we're working on it.

BTW - which version of the sim did you take those screenshots from? Seems you were able to get the weapons to display.
    I use P3DV4.5

We probably found the problem and it happens only on FSX/FSX:SE and for the short nose model. We just need a couple of days to test and create a patch.
    Jérôme

Thank you, Jerome.
    -- WH

I just bought it, and love it. REALLY want the international model (with the more common external fuel tanks). Really like how it flies!

Kent

Thank you Kent, we are very happy that you like it! Have good flights.
    Jérôme

Quote Originally Posted by ColoKent View Post
    I just bought it, and love it. REALLY want the international model (with the more common external fuel tanks). Really like how it flies!

Kent
    Yep same, im holding off until the international package is released

Members who have read this thread: 0