de Havilland Vampire DH-100 by SwissMilSim - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: de Havilland Vampire DH-100 by SwissMilSim

Sorry for that, the special price was not yet active, you bought it too quickly ;-)
    We'll look at that and perhaps we will have to do a refund and a new buy.
    Jérôme

So just to confirm will there be a discount on Simmarket as like Dave I purchased the original from there.

Discount.

Hi all,

I was just browsing the forum and saw this about a discount at SimMarket on the DH-100. I checked SimMarket but can only see a discount applied to the Morane D 3801 not the Vampire...........I'm a little confused if the Vampire is suitable for FSX acceleration or not?

Thanks and regards.

Dave.
    Happy Flying.

David Phillips

The 'original' Vampire is currently 64-bit, so P3Dv4+ only.

Dave

Many thanks, off to buy it

Dave,

Does this version have the more ubiquitous external tanks...or does it retain the Swiss-style tanks?

Thanks,

Kent

And yes, it is only for P3DV4, because we stopped our develpment for previous version of simulators...
    Best regards,
    Jérôme
    Too bad. Guess this entire thread needs to move to the P3D forum.
    -- WH

If at first you don't succeed, try, try,try again. ... or go read the manual.

Went ahead ahead and bought the "Export" version of the Vampire. Only difference are English placards and instrument labels (and imperial unit instruments). Drop tanks were not modified to be the standard seen on most export versions, but rather the same Swiss style ones that were in the original package. Worth it because of the English language markings and imperial instruments, IMHO...but other than that, little to no difference. Perhaps they will release a patch with the more common external tank style. Off to find the paint kit....

Kent

P.S. Venom next, please!

Quote Originally Posted by ColoKent View Post
    Went ahead ahead and bought the "Export" version of the Vampire. Only difference are English placards and instrument labels (and imperial unit instruments). Drop tanks were not modified to be the standard seen on most export versions, but rather the same Swiss style ones that were in the original package. Worth it because of the English language markings and imperial instruments, IMHO...but other than that, little to no difference. Perhaps they will release a patch with the more common external tank style. Off to find the paint kit....

Kent

P.S. Venom next, please!
    If that is the case, why didn't they create an FSX version? Seems simple. Baffling it is.
    -- WH

Quote Originally Posted by WarHorse47 View Post
    If that is the case, why didn't they create an FSX version? Seems simple. Baffling it is.
    Dunno. Doesn't seem difficult with something with this few changes, but I am not a developer.

Kent

Good morning, everyone,

I am happy to answer the various questions raised in this forum ..:

There are few differences between the Swiss Vampire and the original: the Swiss version is a licensed build of the Vampire Original FB 5&9, with some improvements, but mostly a cockpit with metric instruments. The English cockpit has been adapted to the best of its possibilities, and information, while remaining reasonable!

We have little information on the design of the original external tanks, but we know that there have been several different models used. It would have been difficult to model all of them, especially without more details and images!

Many developers have already decided to give up modeling for FSX, which is an old and outdated simulator, and that's our decision too! It takes a lot of energy to create for many simulators, and we don't prefer to focus on the future with P3D, and probably with Microsotf's future Flight Simulator 2020...

Thank you for your interest in our work... and happy flying!
    Chris
    Designer - developer

Facebook Page SwissMilSim - YouTube SwissMilSim

Quote Originally Posted by chrismot View Post
    Good morning, everyone,

....and we don't prefer to focus on the future with P3D, and probably with Microsotf's future Flight Simulator 2020...
    ...we prefer to focus on P3D and FS2020....!!! Sorry...!
    Chris
    Designer - developer

Quote Originally Posted by chrismot View Post
    We have little information on the design of the original external tanks, but we know that there have been several different models used. It would have been difficult to model all of them, especially without more details and images!
    There are many photos of these alternate tanks on the web, and I **might** even have a drawing. I’m happy to forward this material to you if it would help.

Kent

This thread needs to be closed or moved to the P3D forum as it is no longer relevant to FSX as stated by the developer.
    -- WH

Hi,

To respond more specifically to Kent, each different tank also has different attachments, or pylons. These attachments are also used for bombs and rockets racks... As our Vampire is compatible with Tacpack, this implies a number of problems for weapons adaptation. This is one more reason why we decided not to model other types of tanks...

A thousand apologies...! We'll try to do better with the Venom DH-112...
    Chris
    Designer - developer

Ah....forgot about TACPACK implications....I knew there was a reason I hate TACPACK, even though I own it and use it if I have to (to see external stores on aircraft without loadout managers...but I'm not a shoot 'em up, drop bombs kind of guy in P3D...).

So you ARE doing a Venom!!!!!!! OUTSTANDING!!!!!!

Kent

Hi guys just like to point out the Australian livery is not right it is British all Australian Vampires rego was Axx-x no big deal just saying
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails index 1.jpg  
    MB Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Master CPU i7 12700K @4.6 GHz GPU Gigabyte RTX 3080ti Cooler Noctua NH-U15 with 2 fans RAM 32MB Corsair DDR5 Vengeance 5200MHz Power Supply Corsair HX1000 Watt Case Thermaltake level 20 xt Windows 11 64 bit Thrustmaster HOTAS warthog stick and throttle Thrustmaster TPR pendular rudder pedals

SWISSMILSIM product setup

I know it doesn't fit with this addon, but I don't know how to get support, I bought the previous addon, SWISSMILSIM - MORANE D-3801 1940-1950 FSX P3D but I can't install it
    in p3d v2, when i start the installation and select the simulator version, it tells me that it cannot find it and the installation ends,
    I also sent an email to support, can someone help me?

Quote Originally Posted by Maury2008 View Post
    I know it doesn't fit with this addon, but I don't know how to get support, I bought the previous addon, SWISSMILSIM - MORANE D-3801 1940-1950 FSX P3D but I can't install it
    in p3d v2, when i start the installation and select the simulator version, it tells me that it cannot find it and the installation ends,
    I also sent an email to support, can someone help me?
    Hello,
    Your question was received by support... Please be patient! The answer will come soon...
    Chris
    Designer - developer

Quote Originally Posted by musterpilot View Post
    Hi guys just like to point out the Australian livery is not right it is British all Australian Vampires rego was Axx-x no big deal just saying
    Hi...

A paintkit comes with the original Vampire... We would be very happy if it could be used for a real nice australian livery...!
    Chris
    Designer - developer

Chris...give as an Aussie variant with “elephant ear” intakes and avionics hump on the nose...

Kent

Did a repaint today on the international Vampire if I knew how to post the files I would may be someone can help

MB Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Master CPU i7 12700K @4.6 GHz GPU Gigabyte RTX 3080ti Cooler Noctua NH-U15 with 2 fans RAM 32MB Corsair DDR5 Vengeance 5200MHz Power Supply Corsair HX1000 Watt Case Thermaltake level 20 xt Windows 11 64 bit Thrustmaster HOTAS warthog stick and throttle Thrustmaster TPR pendular rudder pedals

Nice looking!

Kent

Thanks mate I am going to see if I can upload it

Members who have read this thread: 0