de Havilland Vampire DH-100 by SwissMilSim - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: de Havilland Vampire DH-100 by SwissMilSim

I've always been fascinated by the early jets, and this is no exception.

I've finally been able to complete a few short flights without destroying the engine. Really immersive and challenging, despite some VC labels and tool tips being non-English. Helps to watch the videos. Will likely pick up the international version when its developed.

Haven't launched any Tacpack weapons, yet. Still waiting for the patch on the short nose model. Hopefully that will be available soon.
    -- WH

If at first you don't succeed, try, try,try again. ... or go read the manual.

I can only say 3 things:

1. Sloooow throttle movement when advancing the throttle
    2. Use the yellow (10 min. max) and red (3 min. max) markings on the rpm gauge to keep from over taxing the engine)
    3. Idle descents are okay, but be right of the green marker RPM-wise during the approach

Again, I love the machine. However, I wish the external and VC models and textures were a bit more Milviz quality...perhaps this can be fixed with improvements to the textures.

Here are my hopes for this team:
    a. They have whatever “meeting” they need to have to get cracking on the international version
    b. They stay on a roll by doing the DH Venom next

if you are a Vamp/Venom lover like me, you CAN’T not be happy with this release.

Kent

Simmarket just notified me of an update for the FSX install, but size doesn't seem right and the zip file will not extract. Error message from WinZip that it's not a valid file. Grrrr........
    -- WH

Sorry for the file problem, a new file has been uploaded and should be available soon.
    Jérôme

Hello Kent,

Thank you for your message.
    I take note for the model and the textures and will do a feedback to the other team members.
    Regarding the Venom, it is on our todo list too, after the international version of the Vampire, but we also have to figure out how things are going to continue with the arrival of the new Microsoft Flight Simulator ;-)
    Jérôme

Jerome - Keep up the good work!

kent

Thanks for the latest update. All is well. Finally had a moment to take a short flight and the more I fly the Vamp, the more I like it. Again, thanks for your efforts. I'm definitely looking forward to the international version, as well as the Venom.

Musterpilot, are you going to share that repaint??
    -- WH

Hi guys if I knew how to post it I sure would

MB Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Master CPU i7 12700K @4.6 GHz GPU Gigabyte RTX 3080ti Cooler Noctua NH-U15 with 2 fans RAM 32MB Corsair DDR5 Vengeance 5200MHz Power Supply Corsair HX1000 Watt Case Thermaltake level 20 xt Windows 11 64 bit Thrustmaster HOTAS warthog stick and throttle Thrustmaster TPR pendular rudder pedals

If you agree, you can send us your repaint and we can host it on our website.
    Jérôme

I will send y some files by email and see how we go

John
    MB Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Master CPU i7 12700K @4.6 GHz GPU Gigabyte RTX 3080ti Cooler Noctua NH-U15 with 2 fans RAM 32MB Corsair DDR5 Vengeance 5200MHz Power Supply Corsair HX1000 Watt Case Thermaltake level 20 xt Windows 11 64 bit Thrustmaster HOTAS warthog stick and throttle Thrustmaster TPR pendular rudder pedals

Jerome I have just sent you the files by email

John

Are there any more repaints? I have yet to see Musterpilot's repaint on the SMS website. Just wondering.
    -- WH

Hello,

The international version of our Vampire is almost ready. The differences are essentially as follows:

• Cockpit completely redesigned to take into account the specifics of the English model.
    • Repaints from different countries
    • Paintkit
    • The "Swiss" Jeep for starting the engine has been replaced by a starter trolley.

Below some captures of the different liveries:

Nice. Looking forward to the international models.

Any pics with external tanks?
    -- WH

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries
    There is a film made in Britain in the mid to late 50s, maybe early 60s, called "High Flight." Stars Ray Milland, also Anthony Newly (I think). Just some good general film of the Vampire on the ground and in the air, in RAF markings. I've seen it on YouTube and if you can get past the attempts at humor it's a good generalized look at early RAF jet training. Oh, Chipmunks, too.

Quote Originally Posted by SSI01 View Post
    There is a film made in Britain in the mid to late 50s, maybe early 60s, called "High Flight." Stars Ray Milland, also Anthony Newly (I think). Just some good general film of the Vampire on the ground and in the air, in RAF markings. I've seen it on YouTube and if you can get past the attempts at humor it's a good generalized look at early RAF jet training. Oh, Chipmunks, too.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8l4byhJVA8o This might be an interesting movie!
    Charlie Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and will eventually buy a new computer. Running a Chromebook for now!

Thank you for the link.
    There are some nice sequences starting at 00:44:00.
    We can also see the Hunter, a very nice airplane I had the chance to fly once for real (as passenger)!

Quote Originally Posted by MrZippy View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8l4byhJVA8o This might be an interesting movie!
    Just watched it. Great movie. Thanks for sharing the link. Love that British humor.
    -- WH

Quote Originally Posted by WarHorse47 View Post
    Love that British humour.
    We don't charge for it, either.....

Dave

I see the international package has been released at simmarket

"ouch" to the price @ $45USD and no paint kit, I might skip this one

Quote Originally Posted by jeansy View Post
    I see the international package has been released at simmarket

"ouch" to the price @ $45USD and no paint kit, I might skip this one
    Appears to be P3D only so it seems. Bummer.
    -- WH

And no mention or pics of the more common international external tanks. Will wait and see how this develops before pulling the trigger.

K

Hello, there is a paintkit included and the price is the same as the swiss version. You have a special price (about 18 euros) if you have previously bought the other version. And yes, it is only for P3DV4, because we stopped our develpment for previous version of simulators...
    Best regards,
    Jérôme

I have both versions, but was not offered any kind of special pricing on the original version.
    I bought them both from Simmarket.

Dave

Members who have read this thread: 0