Lighting problem with new PBR Douglas C-47 by Manfred Jahn

Thread: Lighting problem with new PBR Douglas C-47 by Manfred Jahn

Lighting problem with new PBR Douglas C-47 by Manfred Jahn

Hello,

Yesterday I downloaded the latest C-47 model by Manfred Jahn and it doesn't seem to be looking right. I have way too dark shadows in a sunny midday and by about 1700hrs the skin is getting unrealistically dark. The other guy has also sent me his screen and he has the skin colour highly dependent on the daytime, too. He has it glowing amber at sunset. Besides, all the rivets shimmer as if there is no AA, but it's set to 8xSSAA. I have never seen anything like that with any other aircraft.

I'm running P3D 4.5 HF1.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.png.0e64a1ff7f2c4826710b8cdacf578f1d.jpg   image.png.67679de3b4c56d235f1c4810bb64c432.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by ilya1502 View Post
    Hello,

Yesterday I downloaded the latest C-47 model by Manfred Jahn

I'm running P3D 4.5 HF1.
    Hi
    would like to try but don't know where to find it. Would you be so kind and tell me where?
    thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Beaufighter View Post
    Hi
    would like to try but don't know where to find it. Would you be so kind and tell me where?
    thanks
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...0&linkid=25950

I, too, have been doing screenshots at varying times of the day and there is quite some variation, including that goldenish hue at sunset. FWIW, my HDR (under lighting) is turned off, dynamic reflections HIGH, shadows ultra and high, and no custom shader. Perhaps try that. Weather is pretty relevant, too, with shadows cast by clouds the skin tends to lose all shine and, importantly, depth.

My feeling about PBR, so far, some pretty good effects, especially from close up (here. the weathering and our HD riveting), but a question mark on shadows and reflections, and overall not as superlative as occasionally reported.

Cheers
    Manfred
    Last edited by mjahn; November 17th, 2019 at 03:08.

Quote Originally Posted by mjahn View Post
    my HDR (under lighting) is turned off, dynamic reflections HIGH, shadows ultra and high, and no custom shader. Perhaps try that. Weather is pretty relevant, too, with shadows cast by clouds the skin tends to lose all shine and, importantly, depth.
    I tried changing all of that except shaders to no avail. I'll try them, too, but people with different setups reported similar results. Oh well, perhaps, you're right about the PBR.

Members who have read this thread: 0