A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category FSX Ships

Description: Lexington-class aircraft carriers CV-2 Lexington / CV-3 Saratoga

The Lexington-class aircraft carriers were a pair of aircraft carriers built for the United States Navy (USN) during the 1920s. The ships were built on hulls originally laid down as
battlecruisers after World War I, but under the Washington Naval Treaty of 1922, all U.S. battleship and battlecruiser construction was cancelled. The Treaty, however, allowed two of the unfinished ships to be converted to carriers. They were the first operational aircraft carriers in the USN and were used to develop carrier aviation tactics and procedures before World War II in a series of annual exercises.

They proved extremely successful as carriers and experience with the Lexington class convinced the Navy of the value of large carriers. They were the largest aircraft carriers in the USN until the Midway-class aircraft carriers were completed beginning in 1945. The ships served in World War II, seeing action in many battles. Although Lexington was sunk in the first carrier battle in history (the Battle of the Coral Sea) in 1942, Saratoga served throughout the war, despite being torpedoed twice, notably participating in the Battle of the Eastern Solomons in mid-1942 where her aircraft sank the Japanese light carrier Ryūjō. She supported Allied operations in the Indian Ocean and South West Pacific Areas until she became a training ship at the end of 1944. Saratoga returned to combat to protect American forces during the Battle of Iwo Jima in early 1945, but was badly damaged by kamikazes. The continued growth in the size and weight of carrier aircraft made her obsolete by the end of the war. In mid-1946, the ship was purposefully sunk during nuclear weapon tests in Operation Crossroads.

Ships within the package:

WWII 2 Ships

CV-2 Lexington
CV-3 Saratoga

Special thanks:

I use the carrier from maxromash, (Sketchfab ), under licence Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International (CC BY-NC 4.0) with different changes I did to this ships.

Mr Bing Chandler (Skippy) from flyingstations.com for his permission to use his barrier and the gauge from his very nice Victorius Early War carriers.

I used other freeware models for this too. Most aircraft models are original from CFS2 and converted to FSX.

Surely all models i use are freeware. So please don`t use all the elements of this models in other way as freeware without the permission of the designers.

I hope you will enjoy these models.

Klaus Nowak (aka klnowak in Sim Outhouse)
November 2019
klnowak@web.de

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit Lexington-class aircraft carriers
The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.