Northern CA like never before

Thread: Northern CA like never before

Blog Entries

Northern CA like never before

Vivat Christus Rex! Ad maiorem Dei gloriam

i was just looking at this,ill check back,but if someone buys this,could you let me know if the foresthill bridge is modeled?..just north of auburn,off the 07 end of the auburn airport.ive been disappointed in past versions of it,its the tallest bridge in california,and pretty high up the rankings for the USA ,was like 9th in the world for a long time,but its slipped way down now...lol,730 feet from the river to the roadbed,and last i heard there have been about 75 jumpers,not a good thing ,but if its true,it is something,ya know?..it was at 67 when i moved to stockton,but i know there have been several more in the past few months,higher then normal,including a guy i went to school with.im also cusrious about the delta,mainly the sounthern end..stockton to rio vista.

Quote Originally Posted by Daveroo View Post
    i was just looking at this,ill check back,but if someone buys this,could you let me know if the foresthill bridge is modeled?..just north of auburn,off the 07 end of the auburn airport.ive been disappointed in past versions of it,its the tallest bridge in california,and pretty high up the rankings for the USA ,was like 9th in the world for a long time,but its slipped way down now...lol,730 feet from the river to the roadbed,and last i heard there have been about 75 jumpers,not a good thing ,but if its true,it is something,ya know?..it was at 67 when i moved to stockton,but i know there have been several more in the past few months,higher then normal,including a guy i went to school with.im also cusrious about the delta,mainly the sounthern end..stockton to rio vista.

Here are a few pics for you Dave:

"Try to stay in the middle of the air. Do not go near the edges of it. The edges of the air can be recognized by the appearance of ground, buildings, sea, trees and interstellar space. It is much more difficult to fly there".

Blog Entries
    Dave it looks pretty complete to me but it has been a long time since I have been there...NICE PICS Scotth6
    Ted
    Last edited by txnetcop; November 17th, 2019 at 04:24.

oh my,i may have to get back into flight simming,that bridge is awesome.

btw that second shot,just below the bridge,you can see the marina i live in,on the lower left side,there are a series of covered docks,a boat ramp and a second marina.i live on the dock closest to the public launch ramps in the marina closest to the channel..thats awesome detail.
    this is looking from the channel to the marina,but the long narrow shed 7 back is where i am,you can see the public launch ramps just beyond,with Ladds marina beyond that.you can just see the stockton sailing clubs marina to the top right.

when looking at this pic,at the end of this 7th dock,which is F dock,you see a boat tied to the end.that is where im tied up,the boaters using the ramp pass by me on the way in and out.i have a recliner sat on my bow deck and sit n fish and watch..lol..ive made friends doing this too.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Rotation2-Aerial.jpg  

Blog Entries
    Dave I have been very impressed with what I have seen in X-Plane 11. I added new textures from Orbx in the areas I fly in and all I can say is WOW! I love their True Earth Scenery especially low and slow. I don't get to fly much in RL but when I am up there I keep seeing X-Plane scenery. This is a fine simulator for the money. Yes, I still fly FSX once in a while in case you were gonna ask.
    Ted

hi ted,i had switched to xplane,i hadnt used fsx since id found p3d,i was really impressed with xplane,and this from orbix almost makes me ready to reinvest

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Daveroo View Post
    hi ted,i had switched to xplane,i hadnt used fsx since id found p3d,i was really impressed with xplane,and this from orbix almost makes me ready to reinvest
    Anyway welcome to the DARKSIDE!
    Ted

I have it and it's awesome! I've used their products on FSX, glad that Orbx is releasing scenery for X Plane.

*Patiently waits for So-Cal version to be released*

Sent from my BBE100-5 using Tapatalk

Working my way around X-Plane and it is impressive.

Just invested in the few ORBX packages and that really makes it pop.
    Really looking forward to the HD package(s).

I'm off the air for several days as of now as I'm about to finalise a new build box and start transferring everything over.

"Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Members who have read this thread: 0