P3D v4.5 Douglas C47 RAF KN660.zip
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: P3D v4.5 Douglas C47 RAF KN660.zip

P3D v4.5 Douglas C47 RAF KN660.zip

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category P3D / P4D Add-Ons - Military aircraft

Description: - Complete standalone package with new models and weathered 4096 PBR textures based on Ted (Tufun) Wolfgang's rivets layers in Douglas C-47 KN628 Monty.zip.

- P3D v4.4 and 4.5 PBR compatible only.

- A2A rain effect.

By Manfred Jahn,

15 November 2019

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit P3D v4.5 Douglas C47 RAF KN660.zip
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

Thankyou Manfred, Jan, and Co. Another magnificent update. You guys are champs.
    "Try to stay in the middle of the air. Do not go near the edges of it. The edges of the air can be recognized by the appearance of ground, buildings, sea, trees and interstellar space. It is much more difficult to fly there".

Excellent, very well done, thanks to all being involved in this creation!

(Btw, the former model's repaints don't fit anymore?)

Dieter
    Greetings
    Dieter
    Win10 Pro 64 bit - RAM 16GB -1 SSD 1TB - 3 SSD je 500GB - 1 HD 1TB/Intel(r) Core(TM) i7-7700K CPU 4,2 GHz - Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 - MSFS

Thanks, Dieter,

unfortunately, the texture mapping had to be revised for the HD model, so the old textures will look very odd on her, and neither reflection nor shine (spec) will come across.

It is just an experiment, basically, to see where PBR takes me at this point.

--Manfred

Manfred,

She is gorgeous! Thank you, THANK YOU! NC

You guys are the best. Thank you.

She's been lovely for years, even better now. Ta (esp. Ted for this version- riveting!). Here we are slipping into City, to pick up some VIPs for the ride to the Royal Suite...

Simply superb- I remain obliged gentlemen.

C

Raindrops

Hello,

many, many thanks for this update!!!
    This is a really good addition to an almost perfect addon! And this as freeware - incredible!

I encouter a small bug with the new raindrops as they (the bigger ones which run down when the aircraft stands still) come from the top left and run down to the lower right (opposite on FO side)
    I would expect them to just run down straight or at least a little bit from top right to lower left.

This valid with default grey and rains weather set and also with Active Sky, with or without any wind

Once, the aircraft gained speed, everything is back to normal, it happens just with the parked or taxiing aircraft

Many thanks!

Incredible!!!!!! This is beyond payware quality!

Any plans to work on/transmogrify any other liveries?

Adam.
    XP11.50 | MSFS 2020
    Intel Core i7 2600K @ 3.40-4.69GHz | 8GB DDR3 | nVidia RTX2060 8GB | Win10 2004 64-bit 24Gb RAM

Thanks all. Here is a small patch makes the defective starter switches workable again:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/48chfazrny...riorA.zip?dl=0

The revised model als includes wipers that temporarily clear the wiper area for the rain effect. Found no cure for the errant raindrops though.

--Manfred

Any PBR repaints for this roaming around? Beautiful model!

Once more, fantastic!!!!!!

This is my favourite aircraft for P3D (along with the Maddog). Just been for a quick test flight. One thing I noticed, the rudder has a lot more effect when taxiing (or has the castor tailwheel been disabled?). You can taxi using rudder pedals now (which seems a bit odd).

Is there any way we can donate to Manfred and his team?

I'd be willing to donate a lot (especially if you finish the Sperry Autopilot). Also, any chance of integrating a Reality XP GPS (I know, sacrilege, but it is hard flying IFR in the modern world with all the intersections without one).

Thanks again for all the hard work!!!!

Found the tailwheel castor fix. Forgot to edit the config file (found the instructions in the readme to the old version)

Will there be an updated paint kit for this model as the mapping has changed a bit?

I installed this PBR version but the Flight One GTN 750 will not go in it, but with the original version it does just wondering if any one else has had this happen. I'm just starting to use the GPS in this Dc3 now cause all the nav updates that come out there seems to be less and less NDB's ILS's and Vor's Louis cyyc

Icon22

Here's my first repaint/livery for the PBR model:

The livery can be found here:
    https://www.nzfsim.org/?post_type=sd...0&preview=true

Adam.

BTW: All my NAV lights are always white. Does anyone else get this?
    XP11.50 | MSFS 2020
    Intel Core i7 2600K @ 3.40-4.69GHz | 8GB DDR3 | nVidia RTX2060 8GB | Win10 2004 64-bit 24Gb RAM

Same with me Adam, the 2 wing lights and the one on the tail are all white. does your paint livery work at least? cause i find there's a lots i can't seem to get in properly, like the Bahamas Airways and Finnish they just won't show up---Louis cyyc

Quote Originally Posted by louis View Post
    Same with me Adam, the 2 wing lights and the one on the tail are all white. does your paint livery work at least? cause i find there's a lots i can't seem to get in properly, like the Bahamas Airways and Finnish they just won't show up---Louis cyyc
    Works fine on my Win10/P3Dv4.5 system - though it's too early to say whether other people have downloaded and had problems. Why not give it a whirl anyway?

I'll check all those liveries work OK on my system (I thought they did, last time I looked!).

Thanks for the lights confirmation. Either a bug or just W.I.P.

Adam.
    XP11.50 | MSFS 2020

This is gonna sound real dumb Adam, but when i open up the zip there a mipmapped and standard folder with a pile of dds -texture conf- thumb nail- and read me items, so how in heck do i put it in ?

This is gonna sound real dumb Adam, but when i open up the zip there a mipmapped and standard folder with a pile of dds -texture conf- thumb nail- and read me items, so how in heck do i put it in ?
    Let's see how right or wrong I can be. I would do it like this:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pbr textures.jpg 
Views:	624 
Size:	81.4 KB 
ID:	73011

Then choose either the mipmaped or standard textures from the included folder and add them to the new texture folder. Of course, don't forget to add the new [fltsim.xx] with the proper number to the aircraft.cfg.

Just noticed I should have named the new folder to texture.ZK-DAK-PBR
    Charlie Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and will eventually buy a new computer. Running a Chromebook for now!

I got it Adam ,don't ask me how but i made a folder texture.ZK-DAK-PBR then took every thing in your zip and slapped it all in and picked the standard textures ,added the new [fltsim.xx] and she is in there there with the Marilyn Monroe picture in the dash. I downloaded a couple fixes, maybe you know what do do with them cause i don't. there called C47R_interiorA.mdi and the other is PBR Dak Patch.txt where do i stick these ? Louis cyyc

Quote Originally Posted by MrZippy View Post
    Let's see how right or wrong I can be. I would do it like this:

Then choose either the mipmaped or standard textures from the included folder and add them to the new texture folder. Of course, don't forget to add the new [fltsim.xx] with the proper number to the aircraft.cfg.

Just noticed I should have named the new folder to texture.ZK-DAK-PBR
    Thanks, Mr. Zippy - that's all quite correct. Louis - the instructions were all in the readme. The mipmapped textures are in the livery root folder by default - but also live in the "mipmapped" folder as a backup, in case you swap them with the standard textures (which would overwrite them).

I got it Adam ,don't ask me how but i made a folder texture.ZK-DAK-PBR then took every thing in your zip and slapped it all in and picked the standard textures ,added the new [fltsim.xx] and she is in there there with the Marilyn Monroe picture in the dash. I downloaded a couple fixes, maybe you know what do do with them cause i don't. there called C47R_interiorA.mdi and the other is PBR Dak Patch.txt where do i stick these ? Louis cyyc
    I've not seen or applied any of these fixes, so can't comment (!). Where did you find them (I'll go take a look)?

Adam.

EDIT: I'll re-write the readme to make things a little clearer - and maybe put the textures inside a ZK-DAK-PBR folder while I'm at it.
    XP11.50 | MSFS 2020

Look above about 13 post you'll see he says the patch to make the switches workable again, the link goes to his drop box but what to do with them is where i'm buggered. louis cyyc

... i find there's a lots i can't seem to get in properly, like the Bahamas Airways and Finnish they just won't show up---Louis cyyc
    Just check that your texture.XXXX folders are exactly the same as in the aircraft.cfg section. Some of the folder names needed to have "_PBR" appended to them (or vice-versa).

Adam.
    XP11.50 | MSFS 2020

Look above about 13 post you'll see he says the patch to make the switches workable again, the link goes to his drop box but what to do with them is where i'm buggered. louis cyyc
    only replace the C47R_interiorA.mdl in model.dak01 folder,that´s it

Members who have read this thread: 28