P3D v4.5 Douglas C47 RAF KN660.zip - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: P3D v4.5 Douglas C47 RAF KN660.zip

Quote Originally Posted by Adamski_NZ View Post
    Here's my first repaint/livery for the PBR model:

Adam.

BTW: All my NAV lights are always white. Does anyone else get this?
    Thank´s,a nice one

Quote Originally Posted by louis View Post
    Same with me Adam, the 2 wing lights and the one on the tail are all white
    Strange, they are green, red, and white alright on my setup, just as in the leading screenshot of this thread.

Edit: ... or indeed with this fine specimen ...

Quote Originally Posted by louis View Post
    I downloaded a couple fixes, maybe you know what do do with them cause i don't. there called C47R_interiorA.mdi and the other is PBR Dak Patch.txt where do i stick these ? Louis cyyc
    As Ralf banjoman and the .txt file say.

Quote Originally Posted by mjahn View Post
    Strange, they are green, red, and white alright on my setup, just as in the leading screenshot of this thread.

maybee the effekt files are overwriten?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails nzpbr.jpg  

Thanks ban cause i had no idea and it did fix the start up . And Adam, i like your paint, it has a nice satin look to it and the wings lights seem to be fixed with green and red so now i have just have to fiqure out how to get the flight one GTN 750 installed only in the PBR models -Louis cyyc

Well ... I'd be interested to hear if anyone else gets this white-out lights issue. The weird thing is that I don't get it with any of the other MJ C-47 variants ... only the PBR one. Here's what I've tried so far (all to no effect):

1) Cleared the shaders cache.
    2) Re-copied over the two effects textures from the PBR archive.
    3) Copied over the two lights DDS textures from other MJ C-47s.
    4) I use PTA, so tried using TomatoShade.
    5) As an experiment, I re-made the MDL file with Model Converter (latest). Interestingly, the lights display correctly in the MCX preview - and the paths to the two lights DDS textures look good. Still no luck in P3D though.

The only thing I have yet to try is installing the aircraft in my root P3D/simobjects folder. All my freeware (and many payware) addons live in a folder outside P3D. I've had no trouble with any of these - and they include A2A and Ants products. My other MJ C-47s also live (and function correctly) in this same folder outside P3D root.

Any ideas anyone?

Adam.
    XP11.50 | MSFS 2020
    Intel Core i7 2600K @ 3.40-4.69GHz | 8GB DDR3 | nVidia RTX2060 8GB | Win10 2004 64-bit 24Gb RAM

Just starting to use this version and note the rotating beacon is missing...also would like to eliminate the nose antenna on the airline versions. I did both of these with the pre-PBR versions. Found the thread about adding back in the beacon...but it did not work on this version, but can't find anything about the nose antenna on the old threads. Anyone know how either or both of these can be made to happen.

Thanks,
    Garry

Hello Manfred,
    I checked my old textures - it works but it needs to be in better quality I suppose.

Is it any painkit / files for repainters for this 4K version?

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Hi Manfred,

Trying to set up my Honeycomb Yoke switch panel, using their "YokeInput" software, to the DC-3 PBR version. Can identify most of the variables needed using the Dawson Variable Gauge and the LM Variably Event ID's...but wonder if you could help me with a few by sending me the Variables, and any Conditions needed for the following:

• Left Landing Light (I use the Toggle Taxi Light for the right landing light
    • Nav Lights
    • Tail Wheel Lock
    • Inverter
    • Radio Master

Thanks for your help.

Garry

Yoyo, Ted's unofficial paintkit is temporarily available here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7jotqanlqu...ntkit.zip?dl=0

Please see the Readme for any public releases.

Looking forward to your MAAM paint.

Quote Originally Posted by triflyman View Post
    Hi Manfred,

Trying to set up my Honeycomb Yoke switch panel, using their "YokeInput" software, to the DC-3 PBR version. Can identify most of the variables needed using the Dawson Variable Gauge and the LM Variably Event ID's...but wonder if you could help me with a few by sending me the Variables, and any Conditions needed for the following:

• Left Landing Light (I use the Toggle Taxi Light for the right landing light
    • Nav Lights
    • Tail Wheel Lock
    • Inverter
    • Radio Master

Garry
    Garry, will see what I can do. One question, wouldn't MCX identify those variable names and conditions? Some of those variables are also present in the open code of the Monitor gauge. Could you try that option and let me know if/when you get stuck?

--Manfred

Manfred,

Thanks...not aware of those options so will look into them and give it a try.

Garry

Icon26 Thanks you...thank you...thank you

Okay Manfred...that got me everything I needed...thanks.

Since I had never used MCX I went the route of opening the Monitor gauge file...got some there but not all so tried opening the Checklist gauge...found the rest there. Guess I could do the same with any aircraft that has similar gauges, like A2A, so thanks for this suggestion. Now I guess I should look at MCX and see if the same info shows up there for when I have an aircraft without those types of gauges.

Again thanks,
    Garry

Very good. Garry. Happy flying! Yes, MCX is worth looking into if you need some of the custom variables. Models that use external simconnect programming (A2A and others) are more difficult.

Charlie McEwan

What a great service the above free download has provided to the community, the add on is excellent in all respects my thanks for the hours of interest the simulator has / is providing.

Best Regards
    Best Regards
    Charlie

Superb! Thank you to all involved.

John

Correcting the NAV lights from white to red/green

Apparently this is related to the sim's HDR lighting option. Try turning it ON if off, or vice versa.

Something New

In P3D v4.5. Starting flying the PBR version in South America. I always dock my Checklist and Monitor window on my 2nd screen and never had a problem...until I ran into rain. Immediately did a CTD. Doesn't do this with the non-PBR version so is obviously the rain gauge. Other than disabling the Windshield gauge, or keeping the windows on the main screen...anyone know of a fix. Very strange.

Thanks for any help.

Garry

In P3D v4.5. Starting flying the PBR version in South America. I always dock my Checklist and Monitor window on my 2nd screen and never had a problem...until I ran into rain. Immediately did a CTD. Doesn't do this with the non-PBR version so is obviously the rain gauge. Other than disabling the Windshield gauge, or keeping the windows on the main screen...anyone know of a fix. Very strange.

Thanks for any help.

Garry
    You need to locate the file windshield.dll and either rename it (eg. windshield.inactive) or grab the new version from A2a: https://a2asimulations.com/product-category/free/

Adam.
    XP11.50 | MSFS 2020
    Intel Core i7 2600K @ 3.40-4.69GHz | 8GB DDR3 | nVidia RTX2060 8GB | Win10 2004 64-bit 24Gb RAM

Quote Originally Posted by Adamski_NZ View Post
    You need to locate the file windshield.dll and either rename it (eg. windshield.inactive) or grab the new version from A2a: https://a2asimulations.com/product-category/free/

Adam.
    Thanks Adam...since posting this, I did download the new version...no change. Works fine as long as I keep the sub-windows on the main screen...but still goes CTD if I try to move them to the 2nd monitor. Note I'm in P3D v4.5...not v5.

Garry

All these textures are using a nice rivet detailed model however, I'd prefer to not use the Yagi (Rebecca) antennas and keep the rivets.
    That was WWII technology that was useful for guidance and control over precision bombing and also for precision para drops. Something
    I don't think United or Delta were interested in for use in non war conditions.

Maybe a rivet model without the Rebecca/Yagi antennas is needed. It sure would be nice as not all C-47 were equipped with the Rebecca
    antennas.

Just my perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by gray eagle View Post
    All these textures are using a nice rivet detailed model however, I'd prefer to not use the Yagi (Rebecca) antennas and keep the rivets.
    That was WWII technology that was useful for guidance and control over precision bombing and also for precision para drops. Something
    I don't think United or Delta were interested in for use in non war conditions.

Maybe a rivet model without the Rebecca/Yagi antennas is needed. It sure would be nice as not all C-47 were equipped with the Rebecca
    antennas.

Just my perspective.
    I remember, with the original version, there was a post about how to remove those antennas. When I got the PBR version I tried to find that previous post...but no luck. My original models (for the airliners) does not have the Rebecca Antennas so I know it worked. If anyone can find that original post and repost it, or a link, I would like to remove them on the PBR version also.

Garry

Some more small patches & v5 compatibility

Small patches to the model files:

- revised starter switches for the VC
    - corrected prop-hub mapping
    - V5 'reflectance' values can now be added to the metallic Blue channel (optional).

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gef4d01lhu...patch.zip?dl=0

Many thanks!!!
    XP11.50 | MSFS 2020

I remember, with the original version, there was a post about how to remove those antennas. When I got the PBR version I tried to find that previous post...but no luck. My original models (for the airliners) does not have the Rebecca Antennas so I know it worked. If anyone can find that original post and repost it, or a link, I would like to remove them on the PBR version also.

Garry
    +1 I am also interested in finding out how to remove the antennas for the PBR version. I know that the standard C47_2 model doesn't have the whisker antennas.
    Also want to use the riveted version without the antennas (currently uses the Rebecca antennas.)

Hi everyone, reviving an older topic to hopefully get help using the simconnect fseconomy program and this great plane but not have to edit the the fuel tanks and lose the use of the aux tanks and the gauge in the cockpit. Is it possible?

Members who have read this thread: 28