Microsoft Flight Simulator - X019 - Gameplay Trailer

Thread: Microsoft Flight Simulator - X019 - Gameplay Trailer

Icon2 Microsoft Flight Simulator - X019 - Gameplay Trailer

The aircraft partnerships we’re announcing today include (in alphabetical order):

• Airbus
    • The Boeing Company
    • CubCrafters
    • Daher
    • Diamond Aircraft Industries
    • ICON Aircraft
    • Robin Aircraft
    • Textron Aviation

"Time is God's way of keeping everything from happening at once"

Great footage, besides the Cessna 182 there also will be a citation bizzjet!

Marcel

Pretty good selection of aircraft and I think it's better to have MSFS come with a few really well detailed and accurate aircraft than a whole bunch of shoddy aircraft.
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

Has anyone seen any mentions of helicopters in MSFSXX? I don't think I've seen any in the clips shown so far.

In one of the earlier videos there is mention that they are not currently working on rotorcraft, although they did say they would be looking at them in the future.
    Expect banging, belching and an occasional manly fart as you roar down the runway at full power. (I have found that the engine can make similar noises)

I can't wait to experience flying through/over weather systems/cloud formations like that which you can see at the 1:39 mark - just incredible!

Quote Originally Posted by paiken View Post
    In one of the earlier videos there is mention that they are not currently working on rotorcraft, although they did say they would be looking at them in the future.
    Cool thanks. Happy with that approach if it means we get a decent implementation in the long run.

Black box requirements for fs2020?

I became seriously addicted to flight simulation back in 1998. Since that time I have followed the ever increasing requirements to have fast computing power and graphics in order to cope with the demands by the FS software in order to achieve screen frame rates required to give that elusive fluid feel to simulated flight.

Sticking with Microsoft's FS2004 was easy because I could achieve great frame rates and enjoy the amazing plethora of amazing aircraft, lovingly crafted by so many gifted designers. Now, with the advent of 64 bit operating systems and 64 bit flight simulator programmes, I will be taking the plunge forward.

But what will be the hardware requirements of Microsoft's new flight sim? Not just the minimum to run 16 or 20 fps, but what will I require to maintain the current fluidity of handling that I have with around 100 fps? Will it be another decade before the hardware can catch up to the new software?

I would like to upgrade my hardware with every new development in memory speed, graphics, central processing capabilities etc; etc. But, as we all know, life for Mr Average is not like that, so every upgrade only happens over (in computing hardware terms) a very long time span. I never thought that I would be flying FS2004 as I approach 2020 - but here I am. Lets hope that FS2020 turns out to be the flexible and accessible classic that FS2004 has been.
    Amen
    Mal

Quote Originally Posted by Bomber_12th View Post
    I can't wait to experience flying through/over weather systems/cloud formations like that which you can see at the 1:39 mark - just incredible!
    Exactly what i'm waiting for to be revealed, John: from the VC flying thru the darkish overcast and coming out on top into the extreme bright sunlight... Something Aces managed to more or less render realisticly with the doomed MS Flight. Atleast something never seen before with any of the MSFS editions. Flying into and thru clouds in MSFS, even in P3Dv4 still, has always been a cheesy state of affair, hasn't it. The inevitable evidence that it's just a transparent poly with a texture stuck to it coming at you and patches of cloud "wizzing by" like you're flying an Ultralight Trike instead of an F-16 or whatever. The Aces Team certainly did something about that with MS Flight. ( particularly noticeable with the 'Astronomer' challenge where you had to fly an astronomer above the overcast for him to shoot photos of an astronomical event). The realistic ultra fast way of patches of clouds whizzing by along the sides of the canopy, the light within the overcast slowly but deffinately getting lighter as you reached the top of overcast, and then the apotheose: the whizzing-by patches of clouds getting lighter and lighter and less and less until finally you'd get above the deck with a glorious burst of bright sunlight while some crackles in the canopy suddenly lit-up brightly too. Certainly, one of the best ever flightsim experiences i have ever had ! I flew that astronomer upthere atleast a dozen times !

You can imagine i'm waiting with bated breath for any sign of what MS is going to have in store for us regarding flying thru clouds and especially thru overcast and coming out of it. There's only a second or two of actually flying into a cloud in the Insider Update Episode2 video here : https://youtu.be/XVUyD_CwCUc?t=457

Not really that impressive yet. You can see why they carefully keep flying either above or underneath the clouds in all the released pre-alpha videos sofar, never thru them.. Let's hope and pray the're still working on it so, eventually it just might start to maybe resemble something like this : https://youtu.be/G6uQWFE9FjE?t=171

How about it MS, you know we need that! With MSFlight you deffinately proved you can do it !

Btw, my jaw is still on the floor and i can't find my socks anywhere because of everything else i've seen sofar.

Btw(2), everyone seen the heat blur from the 747-8 GEnx engines at 1:36 ? (X019 GT)... Even for a split second: Wow!

Quote Originally Posted by Javis View Post

Btw(2), everyone seen the heat blur from the 747-8 GEnx engines at 1:36 ? (X019 GT)... Even for a split second: Wow!
    Yes, I caught that also, Javis! Amazed at what I've seen so far.
    Don H

AMD Ryzen 5 7600X
    MSI MAG B650 Tomahawk WIFI/BT
    64GB Corsair Vengeance 6000MHz DDR5 C40 (4x16)
    Sapphire Pulse AMD Radeon RX7900XT 20GB DDR6
    Corsair 5000D Airflow Case
    Corsair RM850x 80+ GOLD P/S
    Liquid Freezer II 360 water cooling
    C:/ WD Black 4TB SN770 Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    D:/ Crucial P3 PLUS 4TB Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    Samsung 32" Curved Monitor
    Honeycomb and Saitek Flight Equipment

Members who have read this thread: 0