To Flyinside or Not?

Thread: To Flyinside or Not?

To Flyinside or Not?

As the title says, I've just started using VR and wondered if flyinside adds anything to the sim? What are your thoughts?

Kind Regards
    Dale

Quote Originally Posted by DaleRFU View Post
    As the title says, I've just started using VR and wondered if flyinside adds anything to the sim? What are your thoughts?

Kind Regards
    Dale
    Dale, best advice I can personally offer is watch a couple YouTube videos. There are a few that make comparisons. NC

I would say definitely "YES" to Flyinside. With my older system (i7-2700k, GTX980) and past versions of Flyinside and P3D, I actually had better performance with the default P3D VR, but Flyinside has many more features and is much more user friendly. In P3Dv3 for example you have to use Flyinside to be able to see 2D popups (ATC window, 2D aircraft panels etc) and to manipulate any buttons, knobs, switches in the VC.

Now, with my newer system and the latest versions of Flyinside the performance of Flyinside VR blows the performance of default VR out of the water. It also has many user friendly benefits over default VR. My new system is i9-9900k and RTX 2080 Ti. I have Flyinside for FSX, P3Dv3 and P3Dv4. I'm not sure if it is just due to my new systems performance, upgrades to the Flyinside program, or just that Flyinside worls better with more modern hardware, but the performance now in Flyinside is amazing. I do dial my settings back still (less autogen for example) but now I can actually do a full flight in the PMDG 737NGX from one complex airport to another.

I'm pretty sure you can download and install and try it out for free to test it out. It might just have a time limit of 10-15 minutrs per session, but you will be able to figure out how it runs for you.

There are a few caveats. Flyinside does not currently work with PTA shaders and it does not work with the "experimental" TacPack features. They can easily be unticked in the TacPack control panel. They are just things like FLIR.
    "Try to stay in the middle of the air. Do not go near the edges of it. The edges of the air can be recognized by the appearance of ground, buildings, sea, trees and interstellar space. It is much more difficult to fly there".

Another thing I don't think I mentioned is that the visuals are much better with Flyinside compared to default. The resolution is adjustable, and even with a low setting in Flyinside the resolution is much better than default VR, and performance remains better.
    "Try to stay in the middle of the air. Do not go near the edges of it. The edges of the air can be recognized by the appearance of ground, buildings, sea, trees and interstellar space. It is much more difficult to fly there".

Thanks for that, if it improves both performance and resolution I think I will definitely get it.

Why not try the free 15 minute limited demo of it - then you can decide if it works well enough for you?

Members who have read this thread: 0