First Flight

Thread: First Flight

First Flight

I finally managed to get XP11 set up and made a few tentative test flights.
    Quite a learning curve!

Might even invest in some ORBX scenery to get rid if the one dimensional trees.
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Aren't ORBX trees basically just higher resolution cardboard cutouts?

Blog Entries
    I also like the way Orbx renders the earth especially when landing or flying low and slow!
    Vivat Christus Rex! Ad maiorem Dei gloriam

X-Plane does take some getting used to, as compared to FSX. At first, I found it to be a bit alien but after several months in, pretty much use X-Plane full time.

Now...when I go back to FSX for the occasional nostalgic flight, have to keep reminding myself to press spacebar to look around & F6/F7 for flaps, instead of 1/2 lol.

Sent from my BBE100-5 using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LoneWolfPilot View Post
    X-Plane does take some getting used to, as compared to FSX. At first, I found it to be a bit alien but after several months in, pretty much use X-Plane full time.

Now...when I go back to FSX for the occasional nostalgic flight, have to keep reminding myself to press spacebar to look around & F6/F7 for flaps, instead of 1/2 lol.

I did the same thing for a while but I love both sims. I've tried the others and X-Plane just gets better and better. I met Austin Meyer not too long ago and his plans are doable without a heavy upgrade! Lots of new things are coming...
    Ted
    Vivat Christus Rex! Ad maiorem Dei gloriam

Nice, awesome that you got to meet Austin. I'm certainly looking forward to what lies ahead with X-Plane.

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LoneWolfPilot View Post
    Nice, awesome that you got to meet Austin. I'm certainly looking forward to what lies ahead with X-Plane.
    its going to be interesting to see what happens in the future. With the advent of ms2000 what’s going to happen to other sims? P3D will most probably fall back to its original purpose (flight training) as the whole sim would need to be re-written using new code. X-plane has the greatest chance of competing with ms. Stay tuned for Sim Wars chapter one.
    Of course existing sims will go on, lots of people have mega $$$ tied up in them and some will continue to develope for them. There are still users of fs2000 out there.

Agreed, very good points.

Members who have read this thread: 0