USS Essex CV-9 Campaign revision 2020 released!
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: USS Essex CV-9 Campaign revision 2020 released!

Icon22 USS Essex CV-9 Campaign revision 2020 released!

Hopefully it will be uploaded as a Christmas present to you all. I have one more mission to complete and add to the .cmg and It will be ready for beta-testing. Any volunteers?

I have set it up as 4 campaigns: 1. A "joint" campaign where you will randomly fly as a F6F, SB2C or a TBF pilot; 2. you will fly as a F6F, fighter pilot only; 3. as a TBF torpedo/level bomber pilot; and 4. as a dive bomber SBD/SB2C pilot.

The campaign is set up on Rumbaflappy's Mesh and uses the newest island scenery from Maskrider and UncleTgt. All new ships are used as well and some of the newer aircraft. It is therefore strongly recommended that the user set it up on it's own fresh install. The ship names and class are historically (except for the class of destroyers) accurate and the formations (no sources for these) are my own.

I will post some screenshots as soon as I finish this last remaining mission. I have all the necessary files, readmes, and downloads list done as well as all the recon Photos and and replacement dps nd cfgs for it completed. All I need to do is re-do the Guam Fighter Sweep mission and put it in the .cmgs.
    "De Oppresso Liber"

Hello SW, i have send you a PM for Beta testing

Quote Originally Posted by ElsnerMarkus View Post
    Hello SW, i have send you a PM for Beta testing
    Thanks! I ill complete the mission, referenced above, amend the .cmgs and send it off to you this eve. You can get a head start by setting up a PTO with Pactex, using Rami_edited_PTO install guide by DVslats, http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...tid=49&id=6050 . (just joking Rami-san.)

"De Oppresso Liber"

Icon22 Reply...

Greg,

Fantastic work, it's great to see that you will be putting Stuart277's new USN carrier fleet to good use!
    "Rami"

"Me? I'm just a Sea of Tranquility in an Ocean of Storms, babe."

My campaign site: http://www.box.net/shared/0k1e1rz29h
    My missions site: http://www.box.net/shared/ueh4kazk3v
    My scenery site: http://www.box.net/shared/knb1l0ztobhs2esb14rb

Mission 1

Finaly we are flying. Raid on Marcus Is. showed a need to make some adjustments but looks ok. Note the
    coastline with Rhumba's mesh. Has anyone reworked Marcus and Wake to Rhumba shorelines?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails grab_022a.jpg   grab_024A.jpg  
    "De Oppresso Liber"

Library Staff
    Hi Greg,

Thanks very much for this project. Marcus and Wake are still based on stock coastlines. If you reactivate pac4b10p.bgl, Marcus should display correctly. I'm not sure about Wake - if its coastline isn't reinstated, I should be able to find which deactivated BGL file contains it.

Kevin

Quote Originally Posted by kdriver View Post
    Hi Greg,

Thanks very much for this project. Marcus and Wake are still based on stock coastlines. If you reactivate pac4b10p.bgl, Marcus should display correctly. I'm not sure about Wake - if its coastline isn't reinstated, I should be able to find which deactivated BGL file contains it.

Kevin
    Thanks buddy! I'll give it a try. Meanwhile, here are 3 screenies - Preview of Maxstuka's USS Cleveland Class light cruiser, Bombing Run and Mission Accomplished. (mission 3) Mission 2 CTD'd twice so I have to go back in and fix it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails cfs2 2019-11-15 A.jpg   cfs2 2019-11-15B.jpg   cfs2 2019-11-15C.jpg  
    "De Oppresso Liber"

Pasting Wake Is.

The shorelines are messed up with the Rhumba mesh, but the targets blow up good!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails cfs2 Wake-2.jpg  
    "De Oppresso Liber"

for Shadow Wolf...

I thought you would like to see my first day's work at re-doing Marcus Island for Rhumbas mesh.

A very early WIP of Marcus, courtesy of G2K & Rhumbas VTP1 fixer.

This is with Rhumbas 2019 watermasks activated. Excludes are required to remove stock shorelines & the airfield, land & waterclass need some work, but at least it resembles Marcus ...

It looks great already!
    "De Oppresso Liber"

Noticed a problem

The F6F3_HELLCAT VF-2 has the US_Pilot as a payload but the pilot sits with his head through the canopy as in the picture below. Does anyone know the fix for this?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails grab_Pel088.jpg  
    "De Oppresso Liber"

You need the correct .dp. Yours has a hardpoint location error.

Attachment 72592

Cheers,

Captain Kurt
    ------------------------------------------------------
    "Fly, you fools!" Gandalf the Gray

Thanks Captain. I knew it had something to do with the dp, but I didn't know what to change.

Furball over Rabaul:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails grab_Pel089A.jpg  
    Last edited by Shadow Wolf 07; November 28th, 2019 at 10:27. Reason: Adde screenshot
    "De Oppresso Liber"

I am finishing up the Tarawa fighter sweep, suppression and invasion support missions with test flying and fixing. After a long hiatus, I am learning to fly again . I've got the carrier landings down and air to air combat is getting better. My bombing and gunnery are a bit off, but will get better with experience. I'm glad the earlier missions are a bit simpler for that sake.
    "De Oppresso Liber"

OK, I think I have Marcus ready to accept some gsl scenery work ....

Next I'll try to get Wake Island up to the same state, then have a go at some gsl scenery for both ...

Outstanding work! It looks really good.
    "De Oppresso Liber"

... and an early WIP of Wake Island ...

Quote Originally Posted by UncleTgt View Post
    ... and an early WIP of Wake Island ...
    It looks very good. Both look great, but Wake is exceptional.
    "De Oppresso Liber"

I am doing a final cleanup of the missions and check of the .cmg and the readme's. Any volunteers to flight test once I finish?
    "De Oppresso Liber"

Finished!

I have completed the missions and campaign .cmg files. I am currently waiting for UT to finish his Wake and Marcus Is. so I can add them and adjust the missions to fit.

I have made some minor changes to many of the missions. Markus Elsner has volunteered to help flight test. As soon as he and I finish and I make the scenery changes, I will publish.
    "De Oppresso Liber"

SW

You have a PM...

UncleTgt:

That is lovely!!!
    "De Oppresso Liber"

Wake, October 1943 ...

Finished!

I just finished the redo of the Wake and Marcus Is. missions with UT's new scenery. All I need now is to update the .cmg files and the downloads readme. ElsnerMarkus is finishing the flight testing and will get me some feedback soon. I'd say in a week or so I should be releasing it.
    "De Oppresso Liber"

Members who have read this thread: 0