Uries screen display issues

Thread: Uries screen display issues

Uries screen display issues

I have d/l IJAAF screenpack and the Kit_raf pack for my Air War Over Malaysia install and cannot get them to properly display. I think the issue is in the Country.cfg but don't know where to start.

Highpockets,
    Have a look at the kind of images (BMP or JPG) used for your screens. Then check whether the entries for the screens in your country.cfg are the same. The screen entries are at the bottom of each country entry, just above the pilot names. If the extensions are different you could try changing them in the country entries.
    Hope that helps.

Thanks Ravenna
    Seems like I read something like that in an earlier post. I will give it a try. Never knew where to look for the.jpg or.bmp in the country config file

HP........

.......This is from the RAAF Uries set and may serve as a guide for you.

"INSTALLATION (You should make a copy of your country.cfg file before the installation)

1°) Put all the files contained in the "raaf medals", "raaf ranks" and "raaf screens" folders in your CFS2\Uires folder. You will already have some of these files if you use my RAF screen pack.
    2°) Copy what is in the country.txt file, and paste it in your own country.cfg file, at the correct place : for example, at the [country.10] paragraph level."

Hope this helps you.

Icon22 Reply...

Highpockets,

The shortest distance between two points is a straight line. How many entries do you have in your country.cfg file? If the answer is four, doing anything else before replacing your country.cfg file with the expanded version is about as useful as tits on a bull.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...id=17&id=17924

Make sure you are using the expanded country.cfg file first. If yes, the IJAAF country.cfg entry, I believe, is [country.8]. If you cut-and-paste the entry in Ajax's download over the original entry, which looks like this...

[Country.8]
    name=Japan Army
    short_name=JAP
    nationality=Japanese
    heading=bearing

To this...

[country.8]
    name=Japan (IJAAF)
    short_name=JPN
    nationality=Japanese (IJAAF)
    heading=bearing

award_scores=1, 3, 5, 15, 35
    award_names=
    award_images=dagger.bmp, sword.bmp, kite.bmp, sun.bmp, treasure.bmp
    award_prefix_large=medal_IJA_lrg_
    award_prefix_small=medal_IJA_sm_

award_text.0=We hereby recognize that you have engaged the enemy fearlessly, and made a clear contribution to the success of your missions. We therefore present you with this dagger in recognition of your achievement.

award_text.1=We hereby recognize that you engaged the enemy with valor, and made a clear contribution to the success of your missions. These actions have greatly augmented the morale of your unit. We therefore present you with this Sword in recognition of your achievement.

award_text.2=We hereby recognize that you engaged the enemy relentlessly, successfully completed your mission, and made a significant contribution to the war effort. These actions have greatly augmented the morale of your unit. We therefore recommend you as a candidate for the Order of the Golden Kite in recognition of your achievement.

award_text.3=We hereby recognize that you engaged the enemy resolutely and with valor, successfully completed your mission, and made an enormous contribution to the war effort. These actions have enhanced the reputation of our unit both with our fellow soldiers and with the Japanese people. We therefore recommend you as a candidate for the Order of the Rising Sun in recognition of your achievement.

award_text.4=We hereby recognize that you engaged the enemy resolutely and with valor, successfully completed your mission, and made an enormous contribution to our effort to destroy the enemy. These actions have enhanced the reputation of our unit both with our fellow soldiers and with the Japanese people. We therefore recommend you as a candidate for the Order of the Sacred Treasure in recognition of your achievement.

woundaward_scores=1
    woundaward_images=wound.bmp
    woundaward_text.0=In recognition of your heroic and resolute attack upon the enemy despite your wounds, and for your important contribution to your mission, we hereby reward you with this Special Conduct Badge.

rank_scores=1000, 2500, 5000, 7500, -1
    rank_names=Warrant Officer, Second Lieutenant, First Lieutenant, Captain, Major
    rank_prefix_large=rank_IJA_lg_
    rank_prefix_small=rank_IJA_sm_
    rank_images=warrantofficer.bmp, 2lt.bmp, 1lt.bmp, captain.bmp, major.bmp

; Debrief images: 1 alive, 2 crashed, 3 shot down, 4 captured, 5 rescued, 6 died in bailout, 7 aborted

debrief_images=scr_db_landedsafe_IJA.jpg, scr_db_crashed_IJA.jpg, scr_db_shotdown_IJA.jpg, scr_db_captured_IJA.jpg, scr_db_bailed_IJA.jpg, scr_db_bailed_IJA.jpg, scr_db_aborted_IJA.jpg

outcome_images=Out_back_at_base_IJA.jpg, Out_back_at_base2_IJA.jpg, Out_failure_IJA.jpg, Out_wounded_IJA.jpg, Out_death1_IJA.jpg, Out_death2_IJA.jpg, Out_death3_IJA.jpg, Out_rescued_IJA.jpg, Out_captured_IJA.jpg, Out_warning_IJA.jpg, Out_promotion_IJA.jpg, Out_commendation_IJA.jpg, Out_failure_IJA.jpg

screen_images=scr_nationality_IJA.bmp, scr_singlemission_IJA.bmp, scr_briefing_IJA.bmp, scr_selectpilot_IJA.bmp, scr_trainingmission_IJA.bmp, scr_squadron_IJA.bmp, scr_advancedinfo_IJA.jpg, scr_advancedinfo_IJA.jpg, dlg_pilotdetails_IJA.bmp, dlg_certificate_IJA.bmp

scuttlebutt_images=dlg_scuttlebutt_IJA.bmp

first_names=Masaharu, Kenichi, Ichitaro, Yukihiro, Kaoru, Takayoshi, Takayuki, Hiroaki, Atsushi, Toshiro, Yutaka, Kazuki, Koichi, Hiroshi, Toshio, Sachio, Kenji, Soichi, Koji, Masatoshi, Kazuyuki, Yoshiyuki, Ichiro, Takashi, Shinya, Eiichi, Hideaki, Hidetoshi, Hiroyuki, Hitoshi, Isao, Masayoshi, Tetsuo, Nobuyoshi

last_names=Kurita, Soda, Nikaido, Ito, Moriya, Hori, Hayashi, Okada, Okabe, Endo, Takahashi, Ogata, Inoue, Nishimura, Shibata, Nakano, Hirayama, Kitagawa, Ishikawa, Ishida, Shibuya, Yoshida, Nakajima, Hasegawa, Watanabe, Uemura, Ogura, Sato, Takaoka, Tozawa, Usui, Kimoto, Shimizu, Moriyama, Shinoda

If you have the .jpg and .bmp files in the UIRES folder, these steps should correct your problem.
    "Rami"

"Me? I'm just a Sea of Tranquility in an Ocean of Storms, babe."

My campaign site: http://www.box.net/shared/0k1e1rz29h
    My missions site: http://www.box.net/shared/ueh4kazk3v
    My scenery site: http://www.box.net/shared/knb1l0ztobhs2esb14rb

Hah Rami
    I beat you to it. I fixed it as you suggested.Discovered the issue.
    Also got the British screens working to.
    Thanks to all.

Members who have read this thread: 0