Latest Nvidia Driver with Sharpening

Thread: Latest Nvidia Driver with Sharpening

Latest Nvidia Driver with Sharpening

Looking sensational on my modest i5 computer with GTX 1060, especially good with Blue Sky scenery. No drawbacks yet. Anyone else tried it?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2019-11-11_14-9-25-352.jpg   2019-11-11_14-3-36-453.jpg  

I have never updated my Nvidia drivers (using the same ones my last pc build shipped with five years ago - GTX 1070 Ti) on the basis that these are rarely changed to benefit FS and they aren't broken + I see others frequently rolling drivers back because new ones are causing problems.

Maybe this version is different?
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Quote Originally Posted by expat View Post
    I have never updated my Nvidia drivers (using the same ones my last pc build shipped with five years ago - GTX 1070 Ti) on the basis that these are rarely changed to benefit FS and they aren't broken + I see others frequently rolling drivers back because new ones are causing problems.

Maybe this version is different?

I can only tell you what I'm seeing. No other changes, just installed and played two days ago and no problems. PBR looks great too.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2019-11-11_15-56-18-396.jpg   2019-11-11_16-39-29-948.jpg  

I've been using the new sharpening setting for about a week or so. The effect on the looks of P3D on my end has been dramatic, and so far seems to do very little to the average FPS.
    What I'm seeing in-sim is what one of my P3D screenshot looks like after I use image sharpening in PaintShopPro.

I'm currently using the Sharpening setting between .25 - .5 for P3D. Any higher and it starts looking too sharp and a little pixelated.
    I'm using the .25 setting in American Trucker and it looks fantastic. In Rise Of Flight the .5 setting is too much.

I also have the Low Latency Mode set at "Ultra" for all 3 sims.

First caught wind of this new Nvidia tool through this thread over on Avsim, when it first got posted.
    https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/5...ge-sharpening/

FAC257

Are you guys using this sharpen feature in HD or 4K?
    Your English is better than my French, German, Italian, Spanish.... so no worries my friends!

I'm using a fairly old 24" Samsung @ 1920x1080.

I've had it for a few days or so and haven't played with the sharpening tool - no need. It made a clearer picture straight out of the box.
    I have an old sytem now i7-4790k with a GTX780 and it still does an ok job. New system when MS2020 happens.

I found no problems with the new driver , just benefits - I can read the instruments better . The total screen has a better clarity. No fps hits

Updated and completely missed that for my 1080Ti. I'm running a few MSE photoreal titles for AZ/FL.
    Fly Navy/Army
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

. . . will have to break precedent and give this a try!
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

After a fault free install I have to say the results are remarkable. Using only default settings in the NVCP - except for the sharpening setting also at default - there is much better clarity including deep focus in the distance. I also re-tweaked my P3D display settings, including fixing the FPS at 30 (was 60) and everything is now more fluid. Well worth doing - thanks!

I put up a couple of full size before and after P3D screenshots over on our forum. Also some shots of the settings menus.
    https://a2asimulations.com/forum/vie...p?f=23&t=69198

FAC257

I upgraded my driver and tried this sharpening feature. In 4K, I can not see any difference. I tried a range of settings, but no joy.
    Your English is better than my French, German, Italian, Spanish.... so no worries my friends!

Members who have read this thread: 0