One Hundred and one years on.....

Thread: One Hundred and one years on.....

One Hundred and one years on.....

"Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Amen and again Amen.

Cheers chris

Thanks for the lovely reminder. Let us never forget the heroes resting in Flander's Field.
    Bill Leaming
    3d Modeler Max/GMax
    C & XML Gauge Programmer

Military Visualizations
    http://milviz.com

Intel® Core™ i7-3770k 4.2GHz - Crucial 16GB DDR3 - Dual Radeon HD770 1GB DDR5 (Crossfire) - Eco II Watercooling - Win7 64bit
    Intel® Core™ i7-2600k 3.4GHz - Crucial 8GB DDR3 - NVIDIA EVGA GTX-770 SC 4GB - Win7 64bit

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries
    Chiefly a day for sales here in the states and virtually no mention of the true meaning of the day on American television networks. Indeed, a forgotten war. Folks know a little about what "Veterans' Day" is here in the states, but the meaning of the day was lost forever when the name was changed from "Armistice Day," which I grew up calling it and still do.

My father, originally from Canada, told me on 11/11, in the 20s and 30s, about two minutes before 11 traffic in cities and towns across Canada (in their time zones) began slowing down until it was stopped at 11AM. CNR and CP, and GTW also stopped their freight and passenger trains for this observation. The only things that didn't stop were airborne aircraft. People stopped walking, talking, what they were doing, trucks, private vehicles, streetcars and buses stopped, and it got very quiet for two minutes across the entire country. Canada suffered proportionately much higher casualties in that war than the US did and it's been remembered far longer up there than it has ever been down here.

Members who have read this thread: 0