PMDG's Brand New 737NGXu

Thread: PMDG's Brand New 737NGXu

PMDG's Brand New 737NGXu

It's out, I got it and it is a very nice model through and through with a lot of new features and tools. Being a brand new from the ground up model, the cost is $99 for a limited time and the best part is, when MSFS2020 comes out, PMDG is going to give you the upgrade for free! I have to say, the new model is super smooth in every aspect. You'll love it!

https://pmdg.com/pmdg-737ngxu-base-p...r-prepar3d-v4/

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Please note that it is not exactly as you mentioned....PMDG will credit the $99 on the NGX purchase to MS2020. It will be free only if the price is the same (unlikely I guess...).

ega

Quote Originally Posted by StormILM View Post
    It's out, I got it and it is a very nice model through and through with a lot of new features and tools. Being a brand new from the ground up model, the cost is $99 for a limited time and the best part is, when MSFS2020 comes out, PMDG is going to give you the upgrade for free! I have to say, the new model is super smooth in every aspect. You'll love it!

https://pmdg.com/pmdg-737ngxu-base-p...r-prepar3d-v4/

Quote Originally Posted by ega View Post
    Please note that it is not exactly as you mentioned....PMDG will credit the $99 on the NGX purchase to MS2020. It will be free only if the price is the same (unlikely I guess...).

ega
    Yes, my mistake however I can't see the MSFS version being much higher if at all. Most of the needed elements for the portover are already in place. This new model is quite nice compared to the original NGX.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Looks really nice! I was planning to stand pat on addon purchases until MS2020 was released, but I may have to open my wallet for this one.
    Your English is better than my French, German, Italian, Spanish.... so no worries my friends!

Quote Originally Posted by ega View Post

ega
    I see PMDG have posted "for a limited time a $99 credit will be available"

To me it reads use right away or loose it, i hope they dont plan to release the NG3 early in the piece as im not planing on changing to MS2020 until theres enough 3rd party addons to use, so my possible credit might be useless while i wait

According to Robert Randazzo, the NG3, which will be released for MSFS only, will cost $139.99 USD. If you buy the NGX update now, you get the cost of that ($99.99 USD) credited towards that MSFS NG3, as long as both products are purchased directly from PMDG's site, and that you buy the NGX update for P3DV4 before 31/12/19. There was no mention that I could see on a time limit to purchase the NG3 once it comes out for MSFS. It was mentioned that it will be released as early as possible next year, but will of course depend on the release status of MSFS itself.

I was not going to at first, but I ended up buying the NGX update today. I still use my PMDG 737 NGX quite regularly, and will continue to do so, as I have FS2Crew and the Immersive Audio packages for those aircraft. The main reason that I bought it was because of the time limited deal, because I know I am going to want a complex airliner in MSFS, so I got the updated NGX now because I was curious about it, and it will end up costing me the same in the long run compared to if I waited and just bought the NG3 for MSFS. This way I also get an extra, updated version for P3DV4.

The only thing I'm a bit disappointed about is the lack of the Poseidon, but I suppose I still have the older one, so no big deal. The reason I thought of the Poseidon was when I was looking at the PBR on the externals, because the Poseidons I have seen up close are amongst the shiniest large jets I have ever seen.

I've got to say, it is really nicely done. I only just had my first 5 minutes looking around, but the PBR and overall modelling is spectacular, the resolution of the VC is 10 times better, and it includes some pretty interesting features such as the EFB, which looks very handy.

And shiny Poseidon

Last edited by scotth6; November 11th, 2019 at 04:31.
    "Try to stay in the middle of the air. Do not go near the edges of it. The edges of the air can be recognized by the appearance of ground, buildings, sea, trees and interstellar space. It is much more difficult to fly there".

My bad, you have until 31dec19 to purchase the new 737 after that you wont get the credit towards ms2020

This model is night and day above the original NGX. The more I use it, the more it stands out. As far as how many Devs are working on updating recent or are building new models for 2020, there's a lot going on in the background and I predict it's going to take off like gangbusters once out. It's certainly got a lot going for it and a lot of rig flexibility. I am feeling positive about it.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Members who have read this thread: 0