Looking for a file

Thread: Looking for a file

Hybrid View

Looking for a file

I've been on a search for "cfs2tailhooks.zip", it was done by SK_Lt_SkipperJS a long time ago.

I've been thru' my old CFS2 files that I have left and have checked at Simviation and SOH, but "no joy".

Would anyone still have this file and be willing to make it available.

Thanks, Bwf.

'Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword, obviously never encountered automatic weapons.
    - Gen. Douglas MacArthur -

Icon9 Reply...

Quote Originally Posted by Bwf. View Post
    I've been on a search for "cfs2tailhooks.zip", it was done by SK_Lt_SkipperJS a long time ago.

I've been thru' my old CFS2 files that I have left and have checked at Simviation and SOH, but "no joy".

Would anyone still have this file and be willing to make it available.

Thanks, Bwf.
    Bwf,

Hmmm...I can't ever recall needing that file for anything. I hope others know, but I'm drawing a complete blank!
    "Rami"

"Me? I'm just a Sea of Tranquility in an Ocean of Storms, babe."

My campaign site: http://www.box.net/shared/0k1e1rz29h
    My missions site: http://www.box.net/shared/ueh4kazk3v
    My scenery site: http://www.box.net/shared/knb1l0ztobhs2esb14rb

Might be a long shot but ...

When I was looking through No-Dice's site for the backup a while back I noticed something that is similar to what you just said you were looking for. I checked over on his Utilities Page 2 here on the hosted site and found it there. It's labeled "Tailhook" and is a little ways down the page.

Not sure if this is at least similar to what you are looking for, but it may help.

Jorge
    Miami, FL

Quote Originally Posted by Jorge View Post
    Might be a long shot but ...

When I was looking through No-Dice's site for the backup a while back I noticed something that is similar to what you just said you were looking for. I checked over on his Utilities Page 2 here on the hosted site and found it there. It's labeled "Tailhook" and is a little ways down the page.

Not sure if this is at least similar to what you are looking for, but it may help.

Jorge
    Miami, FL
    Thanks Jorge! That's the same one!

Rami,
    That mod is for the stockers, what I have left is so old that I'll be replacing most of it with
    new updated versions and it may be that I won't need it at all, but I can always use the files
    as a reference for a "to how" guide.

Bwf.

'Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword, obviously never encountered automatic weapons.

How to install a tailhook? Simple: First open the .cfg file for the stock Corsair. Scroll down to the [Tailhook] paragraph and copy it. Then paste it into the .cfg, (in the same place on the file) of the plane you wish to add the tailhook. Save an you are done.

[TailHook]
    tailhook_length=4 ;(feet)
    tailhook_position = -15.0, 0.0, -1.0 ;(feet) longitudinal, lateral, vertical positions from datum
    cable_force_adjust = 1.0

Note For large aircraft like a Catalina or B-25, you need to add a few feet to the tailhook_length=4 - maybe 7 - and increase the cable_force_adjust = to about 1.5.

The pictures show on-line play with 4 players (a long , long time ago). We landed first, then took off, using a stationary stock Essex.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails SW on deck23.jpg   SW on deck20.jpg  
    "De Oppresso Liber"

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Wolf 07 View Post
    How to install a tailhook? Simple: First open the .cfg file for the stock Corsair. Scroll down to the [Tailhook] paragraph and copy it. Then paste it into the .cfg, (in the same place on the file) of the plane you wish to add the tailhook. Save an you are done.

[TailHook]
    tailhook_length=4 ;(feet)
    tailhook_position = -15.0, 0.0, -1.0 ;(feet) longitudinal, lateral, vertical positions from datum
    cable_force_adjust = 1.0

Note For large aircraft like a Catalina or B-25, you need to add a few feet to the tailhook_length=4 - maybe 7 - and increase the cable_force_adjust = to about 1.5.

The pictures show on-line play with 4 players (a long , long time ago). We landed first, then took off, using a stationary stock Essex.
    Thanks! That makes it easy.

Members who have read this thread: 0