Cal Classic CV-880 for P3DV4?
Contribute Now
Goal amount for this year: 10000 USD, Received: 6,410.00 USD (64%)
Welcome Back, Unregistered     Today's Date:       Current Time: 

Please Support the SOH "2020 Charter Membership Drive"




Accepted Payment Types

Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Cal Classic CV-880 for P3DV4?

  1. #1

    Cal Classic CV-880 for P3DV4?

    Several repaints posted on the usual sites for the Cal Classics Convair 880, yet I am not able to locate the base model. The repaints clearly state they are for P3DV4 model. Any help here? Thanks, NC

  2. #2
    Just checked at Tom's Cal Classic Propliners website. Not listed under "The Planes".

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by fsafranek View Post
    Just checked at Tom's Cal Classic Propliners website. Not listed under "The Planes".

    In the read me text for the paints, it states the model is in the AVSIM library. I was not able to find it. NC

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Chief View Post
    In the read me text for the paints, it states the model is in the AVSIM library. I was not able to find it. NC
    The avsim library has had some major losses of inventory over the years. Maybe this was one item never replaced?

  5. #5
    Tom Gibson solved this mystery for me over at the CalClassics web site a few weeks ago. A release earlier this year of FSX native model - AI aircraft - includes this Convair 880 exterior model. So you can merge the exterior with another VC and fly her in P3Dv4+.
    Well I've been to one World Fair a picnic and a rodeo and that's the stupidest thing I've ever heard come over a set of earphones.

  6. #6
    Forgive me for not making my original post subject line correct. The AVSIM Library items I am referring to, are for AI aircraft?

    Category: Prepar3D - AI Aircraft
    Trans World Airlines Convair 880 early and late 1960s
    File Description:
    Trans World Airlines Convair 880 early and late 1960s repaints for Cal Classic P3Dv4 model




    Filename: twa880cc_377819.zip
    License: Freeware
    Added: 6th November 2019, 17:20:44
    Downloads: 20
    Author: Eric G Hansen
    Size: 2939kb

  7. #7
    Charter Member 2016
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Back in the land of maple syrup
    Age
    58
    Posts
    501
    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Chief View Post
    Forgive me for not making my original post subject line correct. The AVSIM Library items I am referring to, are for AI aircraft?

    Category: Prepar3D - AI Aircraft
    Trans World Airlines Convair 880 early and late 1960s
    File Description:
    Trans World Airlines Convair 880 early and late 1960s repaints for Cal Classic P3Dv4 model



    Filename: twa880cc_377819.zip
    License: Freeware
    Added: 6th November 2019, 17:20:44
    Downloads: 20
    Author: Eric G Hansen
    Size: 2939kb
    There is a "mega pack" of CalClassic AI aircraft converted for FSX (and therefore for P3D as well). It will be in there somewhere.

    http://www.calclassic.com/AIAircraft.htm

    Gavin

Members who have read this thread: 5

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •