Practicing Landing in the A2A Harvard - Video

Thread: Practicing Landing in the A2A Harvard - Video

Practicing Landing in the A2A Harvard - Video

How not to land! I did eventually get a bit better but this is definitely entertainment - not instruction!

Hope you enjoy!
    The Sky is the Limit
    The ground is just an unfortunate inconvenience!

Nice attempt! Now....release that parking brake!
    Charlie Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and will eventually buy a new computer. Running a Chromebook for now!

Quote Originally Posted by MrZippy View Post
    Nice attempt! Now....release that parking brake!
    Ah yes, the parking brake! That was on my camera car - it tends to drift around with the wind if I take the brake off.

I have even crashed that thing before!
    The Sky is the Limit

I enjoyed that. Great music too!

Superb. In all the time I flew the A2A T-6, I dont think I ever wheeled it on and always three pointed as British Airfields arent designed for wheelers and as per RAF and RCAF training procedures, three pointing was the way to go.

The only way I mastered it was to give up completely on wheel landings (they were great until suddenly they weren't) and three-point it every time.
    "Ah, Paula, they are firing at me..."

-- Saint-Exupery

The main difficulties I have are habit from tricycle gear GA planes and lack of visibility over the nose. I thought I was getting the hang of it after more than 20 landings in the last week in various other planes but that Accu SIM thing is whole other ball game!
    The Sky is the Limit

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce66 View Post
    The main difficulties I have are habit from tricycle gear GA planes and lack of visibility over the nose. I thought I was getting the hang of it after more than 20 landings in the last week in various other planes but that Accu SIM thing is whole other ball game!
    Well that just shows how good the T-6 was as a trainer and A2A have perfectly captured the aeroplane in their production. If it was too easy to fly then it would have not lived up to the role it was designed to do. Some people have said that you need to fly the fighters well first and then progress onto the T-6. From personal experience, understand what they mean. It can be an easy aeroplane to fly and then can bite. The perfect trainer.

If you haven't seen the Plane Resurrections series on Netflix, there is one devoted to the restoration and flying of a T-6 Harvard. In this episode a young woman is the owner and primary pilot of the plane, which was restored by her father, along with two P-51's. She talks about the demands of flying the airplane and you get to see the restoration process in great detail. There is a tragic back story to this video series that you can investigate on your own, if interested. If flying the T-6 is of interest to you this is worth a look.

Members who have read this thread: 0