Indiafoxtecho A-4
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Indiafoxtecho A-4

Indiafoxtecho A-4E/F

Dino has been kind enough to give me permission to post the following images

All schemes are a quick once over with the paint kit, there are additional paints however these are the one ive been working on, (subject to change and at Dino's leisure) this is only two nights work, and many more are planned so please dont jump and down that your favourite isnt included in the preview. What Dino rejects for the release will be available via separate download

Awesome repaints Matt - I like all of them... only problem is the install size!Anyway, the plane is almost done - the biggest and most boring task left is to redo some trivial stuff, like the weapons configurator etc. The most boring (and long) bit left is the Flight Manual... the one for the TA-4J is very detailed, and I'd like the one for the A-4 to be similar - but it is a lot of work on its own.SalutiDino

Nice work Dino and Matt. Heck, you can ship it with just one texture to keep the size down. Between Matt and Jan we know we'll get everything else.

Then I'll start posting all of my requests. Of course, there are so many different aggressor schemes alone, you guys will be busy for a while.

...some of the aggressor schemes are really cool, but they are also some of the most difficult to make. I'd like to have a couple in the final package... speaking of which, I think 10-12 liveries would be a reasonable amount.

Wooow a lot of fun in perspective !
    Thank you.
    Richard

Quote Originally Posted by Dino Cattaneo View Post
    ...some of the aggressor schemes are really cool, but they are also some of the most difficult to make. I'd like to have a couple in the final package... speaking of which, I think 10-12 liveries would be a reasonable amount.
    Dino, any plans to migrate the A-4 to FSX as you did with the TA-4? I understand sales were not as anticipated, but still had to ask.
    -- WH

If at first you don't succeed, try, try,try again. ... or go read the manual.

Porting the A-4 to FSX is actually easier than the TA-4... if anything the backseat cockpit geometry is already missing.The biggest problem is to see if I have the time to support it... so P3D first, and then we'll see.

Dino, in all your USN releases I've enjoyed having the NATOPS flight manual as a base document with notes about what is modeled in sim or not. The NATOPS Pocket checklist pop-up is a great feature on the TA-4. I know you are removing the non-relevant sections needed to fly the aircraft in sim, would removing the ground servicing sections help?
    Fly Navy/Army
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

Livery comment

Apart from the aggressor scheme, the only other livery I might be looking for is the RNZAF. These are looking so awesome.

@Victory103actually, completely irrelevant sections like ground-servicing are the easiest to bring in the manual....as they do not require editing. Manuals like the one of the TA-4 require almost two weeks of development time (meaning me working on it 2-3 hours per day in the late night)...

All,speaking of the pocket checklists... does anyone have the one for the E/F in pdf format?Apparently I can only find printed copies on the internet...

Will this be sold as an upgrade for the TA-4 or as a separate product?

i9-10900K, 64 Gb RAM, RTX 3090 FE, Win10 Pro 64-bit, Reverb G2

Oh boy Jeansy, this makes me wish the A-4Q (ex USN A-4B) was one of the models Dino was making!

i9-10900K, 64 Gb RAM, RTX 3090 FE, Win10 Pro 64-bit, Reverb G2

Quote Originally Posted by Airtrooper View Post
    Oh boy Jeansy, this makes me wish the A-4Q (ex USN A-4B) was one of the models Dino was making!
    This wont be included in the release but as a 3rd party, i was playing with paintkit to get a better undertanding of the mapping to find any warping in order to knock over a few aggressor and a RNAZF cam scheme and a free Kuwait paint

The B and C models are definitely distinct with a huge range of schemes, after all Dino doesnt do this for an imcome, but if the E/F model does well within the community you may be able to ask and convince him to do the earlier variants.

Quote Originally Posted by Dino Cattaneo View Post
    All,speaking of the pocket checklists... does anyone have the one for the E/F in pdf format?Apparently I can only find printed copies on the internet...
    Dino, I've got A-4 Tactical Pocket Guide if it of any interest to you. Not exactly what you're looking for it deals with weapon checks and delivery procedures.

As far as aggressors go, it would be cool to have a Draken International paint, since they're still actively flying A-4s.

Excellent work Matt! Both the USN/MC and RAN Skyhawk paints are most welcome!
    I just looked over some pictures and regarding the nose number font on the G’s, did the RAN use a font more similar to the RAF_PW_ATH? Pictures of the camo painted 882 shows a “2” which I have never seen as a font. It probably needs to be hand made.

Best regards
    Jens-Ole
    Repainting since FS5..

Members who have read this thread: 8