USS Ranger (CV-4) Update.zip

Thread: USS Ranger (CV-4) Update.zip

USS Ranger (CV-4) Update.zip

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category FSX Ships

Description: USS Ranger (CV-4) Update

First you must download the original first upload of the USS Ranger. Install the first upload of the USS Ranger. Then copy this upload over the first one.

The original of the USS Ranger (CV-4) upload had a big fps-mistake. This update will correct this mistake.

Open the zip file. Copy all the new folders to the original folder of the USS Ranger. You will be asked to overwrite the original files. Prompt yes and overwrite the old files with the new ones. That`s all.

Now the USS Ranger will be very smooth on fps.

Greetings,

Klaus

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit USS Ranger (CV-4) Update.zip
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

USS RANGER in aicarriers

Excellent work but I cannot get it to appear in aicarriers. Can anyone share the CFG entries for these ships please.

regards

jjdc

I think it should be usable in AICarriers.
    Preferably AICarriers.NET, of course

1) Make a new text file, in a folder you create under the conf.d folder in the AICarriers main folder. So you wind up with, for example, ...\AICarriers\conf.d\spares. Use NotePad, included with Windoze, or NotePad++, a very good freeware available on the net.

2) Name the file something you can remember, something descriptive of what you will put in it. Like Ranger.cfg, or Ranger1.cfg, etc etc. As long as the file extension is .cfg .

3) In the cfg file you created, put in an entry that looks like this:

[formation.0]
    title=USS Nimitz (CVN68) (Empty)
    unit.0=CVN68_1, 0, 0

The title= line can read anything you want, to identify the ship, or formation, you will create. This is what will show in the AICarriers menu (SHFT+J).

4) In the unit.X= line, you need to go to the ship's sim.cfg file, and copy the line title=USS_BB-61_Iowa_1946 . ONLY copy the characters AFTER the equals sign ( = ). In this example, thus, you would copy the characters USS_BB-61_Iowa_1946 . Paste this into the unit.X= line in the .cfg file you created. In this case it would wind up as unit.0=USS_BB-61_Iowa_1946, 0, 0

5) Always make sure the first [formation.X] entry in the .cfg file you create is [formation.0] . That's a zero, not an oh, BTW.

6) If you want more than one ship in a formation, simply add more unit.X= lines, sequenced numerically, starting with unit.0= and going up from there. unit.0= , unit.1= , unit.2= , etc. Always start the sequence with unit.0= , though. Again, that's a zero, not an oh.

7) Make sure that when you have more than one ship in a formation, that the unit.X= line has the coordinates where you want the ships place. IE: Don't make all the unit.X= entries unit.0=USS_BB-61_Iowa_1946, 0, 0 . You want the numbers to provide enough separation. So start with, for example, unit.1=Other_Boat_01, -200, 0 . This will place the fictitious Other_Boat_01 200 meters abaft the center of the Iowa you create in the unit.0= line. The first number after the boat's name in the unit.X= line is fore/aft, with negative aft, and the second is left/right with negative left. Thus, you can place ships around the main carrier in a realistic looking formation. Destroyers, cruisers, cargo boats for unrep, and so on.

8) If AICarriers gives an error message when you try to load a particular [formation.X] you have created, try increasing the separation coordinates by 100. A frequent problem is the boats being placed too close together. They must be at least far enough apart that the boat models involved are further apart that the model's "size". Thus, if 200 isn't enough space to keep the models from interfering with each other, then increase it to 300.

9) Another possibility if AIC gives an error message when loading a [formation.X] you create is that the comma following the ship's title in the unit.X= line has a space before it. So if it looks like this: unit.1=Other_Boat_01 , -200, 0 it will not show up in AICarriers. Notice the space between the Other_Boat_01 and it's trailing coma. Delete the space and it should show up.

Remember that the more [formation.X] entries in a .cfg file there are, the more menu pages there will be in the AICarriers SHFT+J menu. If you have a number of .cfg files with certain, specific, formations you may use at any given time, and you swap them in and out of the conf.d folder from the subfolder you create, you won't have excessive menu pages to search through to find what you are looking for.

AICarriers can also be used to create "formations" of items that you can pick up with helicopters or the famous MV-22 by Maryadi.

Does this help at all?
    If you require, I can make a few, simple formations for AICarriers of these boats, but there is a great feeling of accomplishment if you do it yourself
    Pat☺
    Fly Free, always!
    Sgt of Marines
    USMC, 10 years proud service.
    Inactive now...

USS RANGER AIcarriers

Many thanks for your comprehensive answer. I have done as you suggested many times with success but this one baffled me. Answer was simple and that was cut and paste laziness where I had left the top line as the flight entry rather than changing it to formation which was not recognised by the program. A doh moment.
    Regards
    jjdc

Glad I could be a little help.

Maybe all my babbling will help someone else too

I have those moments, too. More and more as I get up into...ummmm...what I like to call "upper middle age". They happen to everyone. No sweat.

Good luck, and enjoy!
    Pat☺
    Fly Free, always!
    Sgt of Marines
    USMC, 10 years proud service.
    Inactive now...

Members who have read this thread: 0