Midway Class Carriers in the 1950th

Thread: Midway Class Carriers in the 1950th

Midway Class Carriers in the 1950th

Also just nearly ready for upload... the Midway class carriers in the 1950th. This one will come with all 3 ships of this class. CV-41 USS Midway, CV-42 USS Franklin D.Roosevelt and CV-43 USS Coral Sea.

The early 1950th.....

greetings
    Klaus

I've been hoping somebody would do the straight-deck version of the Midway class CV's. Thanks in advance, Klaus!

And deck layout from the mid 50th...

greetings
    Klaus

I built a Revell Franklin D. Roosevelt, long, long ago.
    Rats - why won't anything work properly first time?

Superb work Klaus!
    Well I've been to one World Fair a picnic and a rodeo and that's the stupidest thing I've ever heard come over a set of earphones.

Really enjoying your work on these magnificent ladies Klaus. Thank you for sharing.

Steve
    Duckie

"I hate to see you go, but I love to watch you leave!"

Win7 Home Prem.; ASUS P6TSE; Intel i7 960 (OC 4.0GHz); 12GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600; Sapphire Radeon Dual-X R9 270 2GB GDDR5; ViewSonic 24" VX2433wm; FSX Drive Dedicated Samsung EVO 840 SSD 250GB

My SOH Downloads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...d=79620&sort=d

Thanks Klaus!
    My dad served on the Roosevelt in '57 in the Med

World of Warships comes to FSX!

World of Warships comes to FSX!
    Hey Gaz!

Now you know I can't avoid asking - any news on the "generic" version of your terrific angle deck Essex carrier?

Cheers!

expat
    Well I've been to one World Fair a picnic and a rodeo and that's the stupidest thing I've ever heard come over a set of earphones.

Quote Originally Posted by klnowak View Post
    Upload is done.

greetings
    Klaus
    Klaus,
    Another detailed, superb work of art.
    After trapping and taxiing forward, i could not "find" the cat (cat 2) port side. I figured cat 1 (starboard side) was where the Panther was parked.
    So after some experimentation, i think i found the correct spot and added "cat tracks" and a hookup in case you wanted to put out a texture update for the flight decks. If so, let me know and i will send to you. I posted a screenshot so you can see the detail.

2nd item - is it possible at all to remove or lower the antennae at flight deck edge? During flight operations, those would have been lowered to a horizontal position.

Thanks again for the superb craftsmanship on these, Ranger, Essex class straight decks (post SCB-27A and 27C) as well as the CVE's and CVL's. Great fun! Looking forward to your next releases.

Cheers.
    Deke
    (Navy81)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails fsx 2019-11-12 14-58-55-21.jpg  

Have to say it's like early Christmas with all these fabulous new carriers and ships to play with. Also did a NVidia driver update (see over in the P3Dv4 forum) that has transformed how everything looks, particularly the new ships and carriers. The Iowa class battleships and Baltimore cruiser are excellent additions!

P3Dv4?

Hi Klaus,I fully realize that this is the FSX forum, but has anyone tried these wonderful carriers in that format? Please answer to my question in the P3Dv4 discussion section. Regards,Bill

Antennas

These are remarkable ships; thanks Klaus. I do however cringe a little when on deck, as Navy 81 is correct - the communication antennas would never be upright during flight operations. Please lower them to be horizontal.Bill

Members who have read this thread: 192