When FSX Dies...?

Thread: When FSX Dies...?

When FSX Dies...?

I installed Klaus Nowak's new USS Ranger (CV-4) today and tried some landings in AICarriers. I have an older system but with most CV's I can maintain 29-30 FPS right down to the ramp. On my approach I watched the frame rates drop until I caught the wire, at which time the FR was 0.5 FPS, like near death. As soon as I hit the S key to go to external view things went totally weird - the sounds faded, and I began getting random views of the plane, the ship, open ocean, San Diego, overall Southern California, etc. and that was it, game over. I never got a OOM prompt, but I did notice my CPU was about maxed out. Is this what it looks like when FSX just gives up? I'm not finding fault with Klaus's carrier but I'd like to know what the heck happened. I've been flying aboard his 27A and 27C CV's and various other decks and haven't had the sim go stupid on me.

Bag your pardon.... thats my mistake... looking to what you said and then have a quick look to the model in download. ****.... it happens.... load up the wrong model. The version i load up is the old one... i got the same mistake with it. 'Did a new one that is very smooth in FPS. Will do an update hope tomorrow with a new upload.

Bag your pardon....my mistake.

All the other carries i did the upload for are very smooth on frames. Learnd from the first mistake with the Ranger and did not do the same mistake to the others.

greetings
    Klaus

Klaus, thanks for the quick response and I'll re-install Ranger when you upload it. **** does indeed happen. I'd still like to hear some comments on the symptoms I noticed when the sim just went stupid. I think it's maybe time for a hardware upgrade on my computer.

Upload for the update just started. After this update the USS Ranger will be very nice on fps.

greetings
    Klaus

Some system specs would help us judge if you need that upgrade.
    Sue

Quote Originally Posted by Penzoil3 View Post
    Some system specs would help us judge if you need that upgrade.
    Sue
    Sue, it's all good, I already have the update planned, just trying to work up the courage to start taking stuff apart.

Landing on the USS Ranger.... smooth again with the update.

greetings
    Klaus

Members who have read this thread: 1