Wilco Publishing

Thread: Wilco Publishing

Wilco Publishing

Does anyone know if they are out of business? I am trying to re-install a product and have entered my product codes several times but keep getting a message saying it is impossible to reach their server for verification.

LouP

I'm not sure about Wilco. This is what really annoys me about online activations though. If a developer or vendor goes under, the installers are rendered useless. When FSStore went under I lost a whole heap of airports as they used FSStore's Wrapper activation system, and a few developers refuse to provide a solution. Then there are other developers who put limited activations on their products, and then decide to require a reactivation there is any sort of minor update made to the simulator, even a point update. Sometimes they just seem to require an reactivation if you haven't used the aircraft for a while.

I can guarantee the pirates aren't having so much difficulty getting their sceneries and aircraft to work.
    "Try to stay in the middle of the air. Do not go near the edges of it. The edges of the air can be recognized by the appearance of ground, buildings, sea, trees and interstellar space. It is much more difficult to fly there".

Wilco's website is still on-line: https://www.wilcopub.com/

I note however that on their Facebook page, the latest message was August 21, 2019 and the first reply voiced the same issue you have encountered:
    i bought the tbm today but the install is ALWAYS failing due it cannot connect to the registration server.. firewall and antivirus was turned off.. tried windows 10 64-Bit, Windows 10 32 Bit and Windows 7 64 Bit.... both versions /fsx/p3d) installers failing....
    Bill Leaming
    3d Modeler Max/GMax
    C & XML Gauge Programmer

Military Visualizations
    http://milviz.com

Intel® Core™ i7-3770k 4.2GHz - Crucial 16GB DDR3 - Dual Radeon HD770 1GB DDR5 (Crossfire) - Eco II Watercooling - Win7 64bit
    Intel® Core™ i7-2600k 3.4GHz - Crucial 8GB DDR3 - NVIDIA EVGA GTX-770 SC 4GB - Win7 64bit

Update: Got a notification from Wilco that they are aware the server is down and are working on it. I ran the installer again yesterday and came up with an error "2". Geez, thank for the help and info. My item is an upgrade and I have the older version already in the sim. I feel for folks buying stuff and trying to install first time. It's robbery.

LouP

Members who have read this thread: 0