Delan Clip - Delan Engineering

Thread: Delan Clip - Delan Engineering

Delan Clip - Delan Engineering

Hi,

Does anyone have any experience with the Delan Engineering clip with the PS3 camera? I recently bought a PS3 camera for about $30 AUD to try out Facetrack NoIR. Unfortunately I could not get that to work suitably. I have now ordered the Delan Clip. What is the best program to use with these devices? Apparently I need to remove the IR filter and block the visible light lens for the Delan Clip to work. I have watched a video, and it looks fiddly, although doable.

Cheers,
    "Try to stay in the middle of the air. Do not go near the edges of it. The edges of the air can be recognized by the appearance of ground, buildings, sea, trees and interstellar space. It is much more difficult to fly there".

This is a tutorial clip from a guy who makes tons of helpful tutorials for DCS. Maybe this helps...

P3D v4.5, DCS, AF2
    W10 64bit Pro
    Core i7 6770K @ 4,3 GHz
    32 GB DDR4 2666
    RTX 2080 Super 8 GB
    Oculus Rift S
    Cable 1000 Mbit/s

I believe the better program to use is OpenTrack. I use it with an Aruco marker and it is remarkably better than facetracking.

Thankyou both.

Funny you posted that video from the Grim Reapers Vora. Just yesterday I was watching a video on their setups, and the main guy (Cap) was showing off his setup which could frankly use an upgrade. He showed his headset with the LED track/clip duct taped to his headset. I really enjoy all the Grim Reapers videos. They can be a lot of fun and can also be very informative. Did you guys ever watch the one when they were having races to see who could takeoff from land, fly to the carrier and land the fastest, in DCS World. It was hilarious.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7_AXv5yIHs
    "Try to stay in the middle of the air. Do not go near the edges of it. The edges of the air can be recognized by the appearance of ground, buildings, sea, trees and interstellar space. It is much more difficult to fly there".

Members who have read this thread: 1