Does anyone remember?

Thread: Does anyone remember?

Does anyone remember?

What were the .cfg settings to increase pitch and roll on ships? We had a thread on that some time ago but I never saved the data.

The basic entries are:

[Dynamics]
    pitch_wave_moment_scale = 1
    bank_wave_moment_scale = 1
    pitch_damp_moment_scale = 1
    bank_damp_moment_scale = 1

Which =1's do I change to =2 or =4?

SW07
    "De Oppresso Liber"

Is this what you're looking for:

[Dynamics]
    pitch_wave_moment_scale = 2 <----------- increase by increments of 0.50
    bank_wave_moment_scale = 2 <----------- increase by increments of 0.50
    bank_damp_moment_scale = 1

1 to 3 is the range for all four lines)....1=most stable, 3=highest pitch and bank

Some additional comments I found: Don't forget to leave the "_damp" entries at =1, ...otherwise you'll cancel out the dynamic.

If you have multiple ships in a class set some of the "_wave" entries as negative(-) values, ...this causes the ships to pitch/roll/both opposite from each other(so they don't look like a school of dolphins)

Besides, ...negative(-) "pitch_wave" values initiates bow up motion, ...which tends to look slightly more natural.

Sample settings:

[Dynamics]
    pitch_wave_moment_scale = -3
    bank_wave_moment_scale = -6
    bank_damp_moment_scale =1

Moderate sea state.

If you add more than mild "pitch_wave" dynamics(1 or 2), ...you will need to raise your "wake" effect location in the .dp file, ...otherwise your wake will be chopped up like Morse Code(- - - etc).

Thank you Cody. It is exactly what I was looking for.
    Last edited by Shadow Wolf 07; October 31st, 2019 at 08:53.
    "De Oppresso Liber"

Cc & sw..

.....CC wrote "........otherwise your wake will be chopped up like Morse Code(- - - etc)." CC guess you never rode a tin can in a really bad sea! Sometimes our wake really did look like morse code. At those times , from the bird farms, we looked like a submarines periscope .
    Bring back any memories MR?

Alpine, CA in San Diego's beautiful back country!

Icon22

Quote Originally Posted by Fibber View Post
    .....Bring back any memories MR?
    Yes, it does. All good! During typhoon season in the Tonkin Gulf plane guarding could pretty hairy. When coming-about on Yankee Station the word would get passed over the 1-MC: "Now here this. All hands stand by as the ship prepares to come about." Occasionally some wise guy would pass the word: "Now here this! All hands stand by as the ship prepares to fall apart".

MR
    "A sandwich and a cup of coffee, and then off to violin-land, where all is sweetness and delicacy and harmony, and there are no red-headed clients to vex us with their conundrums.”

― Sherlock Holmes

MR Downloads at SOH
    MR Albums at SOH MR Web Site

MR.......

...I remember going into in a storm where all personnel not on watch were ordered to hit the racks and strap ourselves in. What a ride that was that night!!!! Felt really sorry for the helmsman who was a friend of mine. He had to really work that night! Needless to say that all meals for that day were cold sandwiches with bug juice (if you could keep it in the cup).

The comments above represent one of the reasons I chose to join the Army and jump out of airplanes.
    "De Oppresso Liber"

Members who have read this thread: 1