Image problems

Thread: Image problems

Image problems

I just upgraded my video card to a "GeForce GTX 780 (Driver Version 440.97)" with Windows 8.1, and now have these issues. I hope someone can help or I might have to say goodbye to CFS2. I'd hate to do that as I have built my three installs over many years.

Thanks.
    Steve
    Do not fear the enemy, for they can take only your life. Fear the media far more, for they will destroy your honour.

Alpine, CA in San Diego's beautiful back country!

Icon26

Do you have all of your "Hardware" and "Image Quality" settings properly set?

MR
    "A sandwich and a cup of coffee, and then off to violin-land, where all is sweetness and delicacy and harmony, and there are no red-headed clients to vex us with their conundrums.”

― Sherlock Holmes

MR Downloads at SOH
    MR Albums at SOH MR Web Site

Have you enabled you card in the bios? Looks almost like software rendering.

How do I enable the graphics card, because i have the same issue.

For some reason MaskRider, I can't check the "Enable hardware acceleration". My "Image Quality" is same as yours. I must be missing something basic, I just don't know what it is.
    Do not fear the enemy, for they can take only your life. Fear the media far more, for they will destroy your honour.

Alpine, CA in San Diego's beautiful back country!

Icon26

Quote Originally Posted by stoney View Post
    For some reason MaskRider, I can't check the "Enable hardware acceleration". My "Image Quality" is same as yours. I must be missing something basic, I just don't know what it is.
    Right click an empty place on your desktop. A context menu should pop open and one of the items listed should be something like "GeForce Video Control Center" or some such thing.

On my rig it is "AMD Vision Engine Control Center"

Click on that.

There should be a list of various sub-menus to choose from. One of them probably says something like "Manage Graphic Settings for Gaming".

Look through the settings included there. There may be an "enable hardware acceleration" option.

Anyway, have a look through those setting as well as the rest of the settings. Something might shake loose.

As you said. Its has to be something pretty simple.

MR

PS If no such Video-Card Control-Center option pops up when you right-click the desktop, it may be that you need to install some sort of software that came with your new video card.

PS You might also check your "Device Manager" (right click "My Computer" desktop icon -> Properties -> Device Manager) and see if "Display Adapter" is flagged.
    Last edited by MaskRider; October 29th, 2019 at 02:34.
    "A sandwich and a cup of coffee, and then off to violin-land, where all is sweetness and delicacy and harmony, and there are no red-headed clients to vex us with their conundrums.”

― Sherlock Holmes

MR Downloads at SOH
    MR Albums at SOH MR Web Site

Sounds like the crap common on every Win 10.

Below is all of the keys to add to your CFS2.CFG to manually set display settings. You will need to change the Device= and Mode= to suit your PC. The rest should work as is.

[DISPLAY]
    Device=NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 TI (\\.\DISPLAY1)
    Mode=1024x768x32
    Dither=0
    Filter=1
    TriLinear=0
    MipMap=1
    AntiAlias=1
    HWTnL=1
    Disable=0
    Disable= MUST be set to 0 for Hardware Acceleration to be on.

Details explanation below of what each key means. 0 is off and 1 is on unless noted.

Filter Options. Only one can be on. Dither = No Filter, Filter = Bilinear Filter and TriLinear = Trilinear Filter.
    Dither=0
    Filter=0
    TriLinear=0

All 3 can be on at the same time. MipMap = Mip Maping, AntiAlias = Anti-Alias and HWTnL = T and L.
    MipMap=0
    AntiAlias=0
    HWTnL=0

Enable hardware acceleration (Check Box)
    Disable=0 This looks to Enable Hardware Acceleration when set to 0.

Unknown...
    Stencil=0
    PageFlip=0
    Fog=0 This looks to be the blend fog I guess fog is on by defalt unless you put Fog=0 in the [DISPLAY] cat.
    TripleBuffer=0
    SWTnL=0
    DXTn=0
    "Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right!" Some SOH Founder.

Thanks Allen and MaskRider. I think I getting it now. Still can't enable Hardware Acceleration though. Plus I only get imageresolution at 16 and not 32 like you show MR.

Yes!, after I made the cfg additions, it looks right as it should now. Thanks guys, I did't know that could be done manually.

Stoney
    We seem to know little about Win8 and it looks like Win8 is now behaving like Win10. I wonder if it has to do with Windows updates?
    "Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right!" Some SOH Founder.

Thanks for the tip about the fog, Allen! Everything is nice and clear now.

Cheers .... Rick

What an important, useful thread.

Members who have read this thread: 0