Question about installing SOL

Thread: Question about installing SOL

Question about installing SOL

I just got Content Manager and would like to install SOL.
    I'm not really that confident about installing files.
    I downloaded SOL version 1.3.1, the information with it says to put the APPS, CONTENT, EXTENSION, and SYSTEM folders into the A/C ROOT FOLDER.
    It says to install those files manually, I thought that content manager would put files where they belong.

Is the A/C ROOT folder ...STEAM / STEAMAPPS / COMMON / ASSETTO CORSA ?
    If this is correct, then the SOL APPS, CONTENT, EXTENTION / and SYSTEM folders are put into "ASSETTO CORSA" ?

There is no need to put the SOL APPS folder into the A/C APPS folder etc?

Any updates would be installed the same way and the newer files would overwrite the older files ?

Thanks for any replies, I think I understand it, but wanted to make sure.

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar
    I just extracted the entire 'MOD' folder into the AC root folder (BTW "
    Is the A/C ROOT folder ...STEAM / STEAMAPPS / COMMON / ASSETTO CORSA" is correct!) and then start AC through the Content manager.
    Seems to work fine for me.
    Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferry_vO View Post
    I just extracted the entire 'MOD' folder into the AC root folder (BTW "
    Is the A/C ROOT folder ...STEAM / STEAMAPPS / COMMON / ASSETTO CORSA" is correct!) and then start AC through the Content manager.
    Seems to work fine for me.
    Thanks Ferry
    I put off getting SOL because I thought it would be easier to just let Content Manager install it.
    After getting CM, I downloaded SOL and one of the warnings was that for it to operate properly, it should be installed manually.
    Someone asked on SOL support if CM would install it, the answer was maybe in the future, but on the latest version, he again said to follow the directions and install it manually.

I've been looking at what would be involved with installing it manually, it now seems to make a little more sense, I'll go ahead and put everything into the A/C root folder and see what happens.

I thought I had everything installed, all the SOL weather showed on the weather selector, but no matter what SOL weather I selected, it was always clear. In the process of trying to get it to work, I lost all controls from my G920 wheel and pedal setup. This morning I deleted everything that was installed from the SOL mod, hoping maybe the wheel and pedals would work again, they don't. Under the G920 properties, everything works on the bar graph when I move the wheel or use the throttle or brake pedal. Using the keyboard up button, the tach works and the right - left buttons show the wheel move right - left. They don't work using the G920. Does anyone know if there is a on -off box to click or a slider that I may have moved that turns off the connection between Assetto- Corsa and the G920? Everything was working fine until I tried to get the G920 working again after installing SOL, I doubt if SOL had anything to do with the problem, there are so many things that can be done in Content Manager, all I can think of is I changed something that caused the wheel and pedals to get turned off. Thanks for any ideas.

My G29 works fine, and that's basically the same as the G920.

Try deleting your profile from "C:\Users\Your name here\Documents\Assetto Corsa\cfg\controllers\savedsetups" and make a new profile in the content manager.
    Don't start up AC through Steam anymore, only use CM to run AC. (Steam must be open to get AC running.)
    Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

Ferry
    Thank you for your help.
    I got to the Content Managers controllers and setups page where the profiles are set and saved.
    There are 4 things to set...steering, gas, brake and clutch. I do not use the clutch.
    In the "Steering box", it lists G920 steering wheel, this is as it should be. I set the new steering profile
    In the "Throttle box" it lists G920 clutch pedal.
    The "Brakes box" lists G920 gas pedal
    The "Clutch box" lists G920 Brake pedal.

If I hit the "Test" button, the car and track start, and sure enough, the gas works off the brake pedal.
    I have no idea how the three pedals got put into the wrong places in Content Manager.
    I'll see if the is a way to put the proper pedals in the right places.

EDIT.....I found out how to get them in the right place.
    Right click the brake, throttle or gas pedal box and it will say "Waiting for input" push the pedal you want to go into that box and your done. just plain luck that I found this.
    Nice to have Assetto corsa back, will only start it from Content Manager from now on.
    I have no idea how this got messed up, but I learned something from this.

Would not have got it working without your advise to go to the controller page in CM
    Thank you!

Just a quick question about the weather themes not working: Do you have the Custom Shaders patch installed?

Quote Originally Posted by Ferry_vO View Post
    Just a quick question about the weather themes not working: Do you have the Custom Shaders patch installed?
    Yes, I installed the most up to date shaders patch.
    As I mentioned, I deleted everything having to do with SOL.
    Still having a problem getting the steering wheel set up correctly. There are 4 settings you can adjust, I haven't found the right combination yet to get it where it was before getting messed up.
    Once I get the wheel set up, I'll try installing SOL again.
    I wonder if I installed correctly now, there were four folders in the MOD package, I opened each one and installed all the separate files into the A-C folders of the same name. Took about a half hour to drag them all over to A-C.
    Should I have just put the 4 unopened folders into A-C , which would only take a minuet? I thought that if it were that simple, then Content Manager could have done it.

Members who have read this thread: 0