FS9/FSX/P3D Generic GCA Gauge V2.1.zip

Thread: FS9/FSX/P3D Generic GCA Gauge V2.1.zip

FS9/FSX/P3D Generic GCA Gauge V2.1.zip

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category P3D / P4D Add-Ons - Gauges and panels

Description: This V2.1 (October 2019) package contains three Ground Controlled Approach modules: Approach Pattern Control (APC), Precision Approach Radar (PAR), and a custom Autopilot (AP). You can request Pattern Control from 20 to 30 miles out, and the Approach Controller will set you up for a downwind, dogleg, or straight-in approach leading to a glideslope intercept from which to start the final descent. Taking over at the intercept, the PAR Controller will talk you down until “over the runway.” The processes can be run either in “auto-learn” mode or in a range of manual modes creating challenges of varying difficulty. The project is highly indebted to Karol Chlebowski’s AILA (Airborne Instrument Landing Approach) gauge, adapted by permission of the author, and Doug Dawson’s sound gauge. FS9-specific modifications by Tom Gibson, historical research by Tom Harnish, GCA gauges and manual by Manfred Jahn. See https://youtu.be/MkCGDW1idm8 for a brief introductory video.

V2.1 changes include: quick sound setup test; menu items grayed out when not ready; activation of autopilot at user’s discretion; ‘semi-automatic mode’ now available for both Pattern Control and Precision Approach; better setup options for straight-in Precision Approach; improved sequencing of glidepath and centerline callouts; synchronized heading callouts in autopilot and manual modes; “slightly above/below glidepath” added to height callouts; left/right orientation bug added to centerline offset number; revised manual.

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit FS9/FSX/P3D Generic GCA Gauge V2.1.zip
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

Sound Query

I'm having lots of fun with this and I don't want to quibble with what is a great add on but I have got a small problem (apart from my flying skill.... ) and that's with the sound. Quite often it sounds like one sound file starts before the previous one has completed, so for example APP_Hello and the subsequent height advice sound as though parts are being spoken at the same time, meaning the altitude can't be heard properly. Maybe it's a problem with my PC but generally I haven't had this with other synthesised voice messages, such as Radar Contact etc.

Members who have read this thread: 1