Looking for Edwards Air Force Base - Can't find any...

Thread: Looking for Edwards Air Force Base - Can't find any...

Looking for Edwards Air Force Base - Can't find any...

Hi all,

just went through my F-16 models and found the YF-16 paint. Keen on to fly her, but at Edwards, there is an empty area unfortunately (only some few stock buildings and rough runways).
    I just did download the photoreal bluesky.com scenery, but there are no objects.
    Does anybody know any good scenery for Edwards? Thank you...
    Best regards, Manfred.

??? Something is wrong with your scenery setup then. The default KEDW in P3D v4 is highly detailed.
    -JB

Quote Originally Posted by Manschy View Post
    Hi all,

just went through my F-16 models and found the YF-16 paint. Keen on to fly her, but at Edwards, there is an empty area unfortunately (only some few stock buildings and rough runways).
    I just did download the photoreal bluesky.com scenery, but there are no objects.
    Does anybody know any good scenery for Edwards? Thank you...
    I have the same issue, I think it may be a FTX SCA or vector conflict, ive had a few quick look at files and scenery layering however ive found nothing yet and I have no buildings
    Last edited by jeansy; October 27th, 2019 at 05:05.

Thanks, guys.

Yap, same with Jeansy. Unfortunately a lot of sand and concrete. Will have a look at the settings, though...
    Best regards, Manfred.

Unfortunately a lot of sand and concrete.
    OH!​
    So it's just like MCAS Yuma!

Nasty, miserable, HOT, rotten, dessicated, dusty place....

You better be able to speak Spanish, too, or you won't get a dern thing in any shop or store...
    Not that I disliked Yuma...from the first moment of the 30 years I wound up stuck there...no, not at all...nope-nope!
    But IF a town could be mummified, Yuma is it.

Have fun all!
    Pat☺
    Fly Free, always!
    Sgt of Marines
    USMC, 10 years proud service.
    Inactive now...

I use ORBX and did a test flight yesterday and KEDW is very detailed.
    Very Respectfully,

Jim 'Doc' Johnson, SMSgt, USAF (Ret)
    Fac Fortia Et Patere

I also took a quick flight around Edwards, and lots of detailed buildings there with Orbx SoCal and Vector on. I turned SoCal off and just
    used OpenLC NA, and there were still lots of buildings, although not as nicely detailed. But when I turned off everything Orbx in southern
    California, then yeah, there was only runways, and no buildings.

So if everything's ticked on and in proper order in the Scenery Library, there's no conflicting airport .bgl's that you can see, and you're using
    Orbx, then a couple of other thoughts, if you haven't already tried: first, are the two boxes for Object Flow ticked? In FTX Central, there's
    one box in FTX Central Settings, and another box in the Add-ons files. Both have to be ticked for Object Flow to worked. If not, buildings
    sometimes won't appear at certain airports. I haven't moved to OrbxDirect yet, so I don't know if the same also applies there.

Second, have you tried verifying your Orbx Libraries? That can sometimes fix a lot of different problems, although it can take a while to run.

Just a couple of thoughts.

-RobM

I only noticed the change recently after migrating my orbx addons to external of the P3D root directory

I have seen the stock p3d version previously with success, there is an exculde somewhere thats preventing the autogen and be buggered if i can find it

It doesnt have anything to do with orbrx libraries or objectflow as im trying to get the generic airfield to display

Ha! In my case, I went to P3Dv4\cities\Edwards_AFB\Scenery and disabled kedw_photo.bgl.
    Now I have the BlueSkys KEDW with most buildings - looks fine so far except for some odd airplanes on the ground caused by the BlueSkys photoground. Whatever. If needed, I will do some quick aprons with ADE to cover them.
    Curious how some files interact and make an impact on others...

But I am satisfied now so far. Thanks for all suggestions, guys.
    Best regards, Manfred.

Quote Originally Posted by PhantomTweak View Post
    OH!​
    So it's just like MCAS Yuma!

Nasty, miserable, HOT, rotten, dessicated, dusty place....

You better be able to speak Spanish, too, or you won't get a dern thing in any shop or store...
    Not that I disliked Yuma...from the first moment of the 30 years I wound up stuck there...no, not at all...nope-nope!
    But IF a town could be mummified, Yuma is it.

Have fun all!
    Pat☺
    C'mon Pat, Zippy said Yuma was your favorite place

There's always Fallon. Been there done that.

Quote Originally Posted by Manschy View Post
    Ha! In my case, I went to P3Dv4\cities\Edwards_AFB\Scenery and disabled kedw_photo.bgl.
    Now I have the BlueSkys KEDW with most buildings - looks fine so far except for some odd airplanes on the ground caused by the BlueSkys photoground. Whatever. If needed, I will do some quick aprons with ADE to cover them.
    Curious how some files interact and make an impact on others...

But I am satisfied now so far. Thanks for all suggestions, guys.
    Interesting, once the tacpac has been updated i will do a full update by reinstall with the new version and re visit it

Members who have read this thread: 0