DC Designs P3D native FA-18F/G Super Hornet - Page 2
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: DC Designs P3D native FA-18F/G Super Hornet

Quote Originally Posted by menef View Post
    Hello!! Sorry but I don't fully understand what do you mean , will it be already Tackpack / vACMI suitable leaving only the user to choice
    wich of the two to use or will the user make it suitable to one of them? Thank you
    The aircraft won't come with "signatures" or files for either live-weapon option ( Tackpack or vACMI ), but all station points required will be included in the model, so users can decide which of the live-weapons options they would like to adapt the aircraft to use - the attach points for weapons have to be coded into the model for Tacpack to work properly. For those who aren't bothered about live-weapons, there will be an MFD screen option that will allow them to select the visibility of stores on the aircraft, via custom-coded visibility conditions built into the model. So, if you want extra fuel tanks and air-to-air weapons, you'd select them in the MFD display and they'll then appear on the relevant stations. Doing it this way seemed to be the only way of giving all users all options when it comes to ordnance.

I should note that the avionics will not support TacPack weapons targeting or similar - I don't have the coding skills for multiple function displays to that extent, and it's beyond the mid-level user target market I'm hoping to appeal to. VRS have got that covered.
    I wish I had enough time to finish writing everything I sta...https://www.facebook.com/DC-Designs-2156295428024778/

Quote Originally Posted by DC1973 View Post
    The aircraft won't come with "signatures" or files for either live-weapon option ( Tackpack or vACMI ), but all station points required will be included in the model, so users can decide which of the live-weapons options they would like to adapt the aircraft to use - the attach points for weapons have to be coded into the model for Tacpack to work properly. For those who aren't bothered about live-weapons, there will be an MFD screen option that will allow them to select the visibility of stores on the aircraft, via custom-coded visibility conditions built into the model. So, if you want extra fuel tanks and air-to-air weapons, you'd select them in the MFD display and they'll then appear on the relevant stations. Doing it this way seemed to be the only way of giving all users all options when it comes to ordnance.

I should note that the avionics will not support TacPack weapons targeting or similar - I don't have the coding skills for multiple function displays to that extent, and it's beyond the mid-level user target market I'm hoping to appeal to. VRS have got that covered.
    OK , thanks for the explanation and good job
    The more you do, the less you dream

Latest of the Super Hornet's paint schemes completed, this one for FA-18F "Fast Eagle 107" of VFA-41 "Black Aces". The list of included schemes will be;

FA-18E - VFA-143 "Pukin' Dogs"; VFA-31 "Tomcatters"; VFA-27 "Royal Maces" ( CAG bird )

FA-18F - VFA-103 "Jolly Rogers" ( CAG bird ); VFA-213 "Black Lions" 9 CAG bird ); VFA-41 "Black Aces"

EA-18G - VAQ-140 "Patriots"; VAQ-139 "Cougars"; 6 Squadron, Royal Australian Air Force

The paint kit will be included with the package, if I didn't already mention that, for re-painters.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Fast Eagle 107b.jpg  
    I wish I had enough time to finish writing everything I sta...https://www.facebook.com/DC-Designs-2156295428024778/

Looks like a great addition to the hanger! Top drawer stuff!

"Hornets by mandate, Tomcats by choice!"

Grrrowler! EA-18G conversion going well, some ambient occlusion / texture and polygon-smoothing issues here and there but she's in the sim and flying! Heading for the home run on the external models now, hoping to have everything together by the end of the week except the last colour schemes and any last-minute tidying up. Also have been doing some work on the textures for FA-18F VFA-213 "Black Lions", it's a WIP at the moment though.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Growler.jpg   Growler2.jpg   213_CAG.jpg  

Models looks outstanding and from someone using/beta testing the VRS since FS9 days, I completely agree with your non-study level effort for the masses. It takes time to get the most out of Tacpack and only a few developers took to adding from scratch to their models. This looks like fun for anyone that just wants to Super Hornet it up around the ship. I'm assuming it's too late to request JHMCS helmets for the front seaters? Also, on the Growler, the NGJ jamming pod looks massive compared to the ALQ-99s, have you seen the latest pics of those?
    Fly Navy/Army
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

Looks awesome!

Though I just need one paint... ;-)

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails TOPGUN_UPDATE_SEPT_20_20.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by Victory103 View Post
    Models looks outstanding and from someone using/beta testing the VRS since FS9 days, I completely agree with your non-study level effort for the masses. It takes time to get the most out of Tacpack and only a few developers took to adding from scratch to their models. This looks like fun for anyone that just wants to Super Hornet it up around the ship. I'm assuming it's too late to request JHMCS helmets for the front seaters? Also, on the Growler, the NGJ jamming pod looks massive compared to the ALQ-99s, have you seen the latest pics of those?

The jamming pods have all been scaled as best as photo-resources allow, I think the screenie perspectives might make them look a bit bigger than they are, along with some P3D light bloom. I might be able to add the helmets for the front seaters, but it's not a high priority to be honest - still got a huge list of essential work to complete on the project, not least of all the VC - I'll keep it in mind though.

Quote Originally Posted by DennyA View Post
    Looks awesome!

Though I just need one paint... ;-)
    I'm going to do the Top Gun paints, definitely, but they'll have to be released as freeware outside of the main package as I suspect Paramount might have something to say about it if I include their stuff in a commercial release...

VFA-143 "Puking Dogs" livery more or less complete, seen here on an older compile of the FA-18E model. Also, a nice shot of the VFA-41 "F" model around the carrier from last night.

External models should be complete by Wednesday, although some texturing will probably remain to be completed. Work on the VC will start the following week.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Pukin_Dogs2.jpg   Sunset2.jpg  

I've been lurking on here for a number of days this week and this was the first thread I saw when coming back into the forums and immediately wanted to get my account upgraded so I could respond lol.

First off I'd like to say you're doing an amazing job! The Hornet in general is my favorite aircraft. And we've needed a decent "fire up and go" Super Hornet for a while now. The old freeware go-to was the FS KBT one. I was an owner of the Super Bug from VRS when it first came out. But since then there's really no middle ground, and I think I echo a lot of us, that a) we don't always want to spend 10-20 minutes or so just firing up the jet, b) there's that price for VRS (wow has it skyrocketed from when it first came out), and c) it's been 10 years roughly since there's been an F/G models out there. I mean VRS' were "teased" over there probably what, 8 years ago? Or more? So this will be a nice. I'm not knocking VRS by any means. It's just been a LONG time. But anyway, I look forward to this one for sure!

Thank you sir!

Quote Originally Posted by Scorch00 View Post
    I've been lurking on here for a number of days this week and this was the first thread I saw when coming back into the forums and immediately wanted to get my account upgraded so I could respond lol.

First off I'd like to say you're doing an amazing job! The Hornet in general is my favorite aircraft. And we've needed a decent "fire up and go" Super Hornet for a while now. The old freeware go-to was the FS KBT one. I was an owner of the Super Bug from VRS when it first came out. But since then there's really no middle ground, and I think I echo a lot of us, that a) we don't always want to spend 10-20 minutes or so just firing up the jet, b) there's that price for VRS (wow has it skyrocketed from when it first came out), and c) it's been 10 years roughly since there's been an F/G models out there. I mean VRS' were "teased" over there probably what, 8 years ago? Or more? So this will be a nice. I'm not knocking VRS by any means. It's just been a LONG time. But anyway, I look forward to this one for sure!

Thank you sir!
    Thanks! I'm hoping to launch the F-18s as a product either late this year or early next year - if it does well, many more built to the same standard and mid-level of complexity will follow! Just finished getting the Hornets' catapult bars working for carrier ops - a few piccies of the "F" model around the carrier for you. External model is pretty much complete now, work on the virtual cockpit starts next week.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Launch3.jpg   Landing2.jpg   Parked.jpg  

Looking great, any chance of a collaboration with "Jimi08" on the FSDreamteam forums and his work on the WIP legacy FSXBA? He's got alot of the FCS coding done and some basic Tacpack weapon functions.
    Fly Navy/Army
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

Quote Originally Posted by Victory103 View Post
    Looking great, any chance of a collaboration with "Jimi08" on the FSDreamteam forums and his work on the WIP legacy FSXBA? He's got alot of the FCS coding done and some basic Tacpack weapon functions.
    Jimi is already working on the F/A-18F for VRS.

Thanks! I'm hoping to launch the F-18s as a product either late this year or early next year - if it does well, many more built to the same standard and mid-level of complexity will follow! Just finished getting the Hornets' catapult bars working for carrier ops - a few piccies of the "F" model around the carrier for you. External model is pretty much complete now, work on the virtual cockpit starts next week.

*Swoon* Ugh, I love this jet...

I may be jumping the gun here or maybe it's not the proper place to ask, but do you have an idea on what the price point will be for these beauties? I was just curious.

Aerial Firefighting Aircraft Development & Simulation Group
    Simulated Air Tanker Operations Facebook! <<click
    SATO Youtube Channel! <<click

Thanks! I'm hoping to launch the F-18s as a product either late this year or early next year - if it does well, many more built to the same standard and mid-level of complexity will follow!
    Looking forward to it, wasn't expecting it quite so soon

Don't want to hijack (much) but are there any thoughts yet on what the subject matter for subsequent projects might be?
    "Thou shalt maintain thine airspeed lest the ground shalt rise up and smite thee"

Looking forward to these very much, Christmas will hopefully come early whilst these won't be tacpacked will we be at least able to jettison stations so you can "simulate" a weapons release?

also not wanting to hijack the thread but I'd love to see an F-15E, since the Milviz one isn't compatible with P3Dv4 I think it'd be a winner.

Hi folks, in brief answer to the questions;

The VRS-level of detail is precisely what I want to avoid - the FA-18s are to be the first in a line of mid-level detail aircraft that look great, fly "right" ( in as much as is possible ) and don't take a degree in aeronautics to operate. I want to bring back some of the fun to flight sim, and I think there's a big audience out there who would like these types of airplanes to choose from. I'll leave the study-level versions of such airplanes to VRS, Milviz etc.

Weapons will be controlled by a weapons page MFD in the cockpit, so if you "fired" a weapon, you can make it vanish from the wing pylon at the press of a button. Adaption to Tacpack will be possible but I'll leave that up to the users to decide If they wish to convert their model to work with TP.

An F-15C/D/E package similar to the Hornets is indeed in the development queue, along with F-14A/D Tomcats ( for FS2020 ), other iconic military and civilian aircraft both of today and yester-year, plus sceneries ( mostly UK at this time ). All will be available for FSX, P3D and the forthcoming FS2020.

Finally, the price-point I'm aiming for the F-18 package is below £25 ( about $30 for all three, the nine included paints, plus paint kit and manual ).

Just Flight
    are to distribute the package as I know the folks there well.

Hope this answers everything

Quote Originally Posted by fallenphoenix1986 View Post
    Looking forward to it, wasn't expecting it quite so soon

Don't want to hijack (much) but are there any thoughts yet on what the subject matter for subsequent projects might be?
    Hijack or not , how about some golden oldies "aka" the Century series aircraft ..... F105 , F101 , F104 etc , just saying !

Regards

That sounds amazing! I'm super excited!

With the EA-18G now complete, work starts tomorrow on the virtual cockpit. Everything is going well so far, all external models finished and working as they should, nine paints done and the paint kit will be added to the package soon. Hard to give firm timelines for completion of the whole package but I'd say early 2020 is a reasonable goal provided the internal models shape up easily. It's the coding, if anything, that'll get me when it comes to the avionics. Still, I'm not planning anything too far outside stock XML so it might work out okay. Love doing the work regardless

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Overhead.jpg  

Hi folks,

I'd almost given up posting here as I couldn't get anything to work when replying to threads ( pictures, editing etc, despite allowing all scripts to run etc ) but suddenly it's all working again. A recent development image for you all before the Christmas break, external modeling all complete, VC textured and animated, working on coding systems now!

The two MFDs currently contain a freeware gauge for testing purposes - the custom HUD is on its way, and the lower MFD contains the stock GPS for the moment. Plans are for 5 multi-function screens in each MFD, a custom GPS in the lower screen, while the central-upper NAV panel will allow for all autopilot, radio-nav, comms etc functions. Most of this will be replicated in the F/G model's back seat position also.

Currently still on track for an early 2020 release, all being well. Also, I've been talking to Sim Works Studios and we will hopefully have integration with the SWS carriers ready by release time, allowing for proper radio-nav to the carrier's location.

Happy Christmas to all!

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails VC.jpg  

These look great! I so can't wait for these jets!

This is outstanding Sir, been waiting a while for this aircraft in the sim. Keep up the great work, I'm waiting in the checkout line!

Reggie

I don't mean to be a pushy Hornet enthusiast lol, but I thought I'd bump this thread in maybe there's an update coming on progress?

Members who have read this thread: 6