DC Designs P3D native FA-18F/G Super Hornet

Thread: DC Designs P3D native FA-18F/G Super Hornet

Threaded View

DC Designs P3D native FA-18F/G Super Hornet

Hi folks, hope you're all well!

A lot of changes happening for me at the moment. I've been working contracts for many of the big sim developers throughout 2019, which has been tremendous fun and hugely informative. I think, finally, I'm ready to start producing commercial products of my own, and I recently took the step of going full-time with aircraft / scenery design for the sim. It's a big step for me, but my abilities and experience have grown a great deal since releasing the Northrop P-61C in 2018, enough that I might just have what it takes now. The forthcoming Microsoft simulator also tipped the balance for me, as I see a huge market opening up when the console crowd join the fun.

This is the first project I'm undertaking - I have the sense that there is a market out there of users who want excellent visual realism and realistic flight models but aren't as keen on the super-realistic detail of the VRS Superbug study-level aircraft. If this goes well, I'll look at continuing on with more, similar products aimed at the mid-level user. As you can see, the project is well underway. Two aircraft will be in the package - the "F" and the "G" Growler version, and probably a single-seater "E" version as a stand-alone for those who prefer to go solo Aircraft will have selectable weapons load-outs, but I will leave TacPack / vACMI choices to the user - the model will include necessary attach points to facilitate weapons should they be desired.

Release schedule is tentatively penned in for early 2020, and of course I'll be hoping to release it to the forthcoming FS2020 as well. I'm hugely excited to be going full-time with this, but also there's a lot of trepidation. Still, as always I'll post updates and keep everybody informed of what's going on

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DCD Hornet7.jpg   DCD_Hornet.jpg   F18_UC.jpg  
    I wish I had enough time to finish writing everything I sta...https://www.facebook.com/DC-Designs-2156295428024778/

Members who have read this thread: 3