DC Designs P3D native FA-18F/G Super Hornet - Page 4
Contribute Now
Goal amount for this year: 10000 USD, Received: 10,460.00 USD (105%)
Welcome Back, Unregistered     Today's Date:       Current Time: 

Please Support the SOH "2020 Charter Membership Drive"




Accepted Payment Types

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 76 to 100 of 125

Thread: DC Designs P3D native FA-18F/G Super Hornet

  1. #76
    just want to check is it my install or the package all the rivets and lines are merged into one layer for all the textures

    I hope this can be fixed, as I would like to fix the RAAF scheme as the roundels and the tail marking are incorrect

    Matt
    FS Painter @ The Hangar

    AUSTRALIA

  2. #77
    I sad! But thanks the pics!
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=81650&dateline=141228  2824

  3. #78
    Quote Originally Posted by jeansy View Post
    just want to check is it my install or the package all the rivets and lines are merged into one layer for all the textures I hope this can be fixed, as I would like to fix the RAAF scheme as the roundels and the tail marking are incorrect
    Hi Jeansy,There is a bug we discovered - when GIMP files are converted to PSD format it flattens all the layers. The kit's been fixed now and an update should be rolled out by Just Flight within a day or so.
    I wish I had enough time to finish writing everything I sta...https://www.facebook.com/DC-Designs-2156295428024778/

  4. #79
    thanks for the reply
    Matt
    FS Painter @ The Hangar

    AUSTRALIA

  5. #80

    Wink

    Looks promising!! Looking forward to the Eagles.
    Only thing I discovered is the pilot. The screenshots from inside the cockpit show a different pilot as seen from the external screenshots.
    And maybe we can see a little more detailed pilot(s) in the eagles? maybe with some animations?


    Keep up the good work.

    best regards,
    Dummy

  6. #81
    Quote Originally Posted by dummy_74 View Post
    Looks promising!! Looking forward to the Eagles.
    Only thing I discovered is the pilot. The screenshots from inside the cockpit show a different pilot as seen from the external screenshots.
    And maybe we can see a little more detailed pilot(s) in the eagles? maybe with some animations?


    Keep up the good work.

    best regards,
    Dummy
    Well spotted! I meant to change the colour of the pilot's helmets to match, but forgot. I'm learning fast ( nothing like a first release to sharpen the senses ) and am looking to make the Eagles much more polished both in terms of detail and release quality. I'd also like to make them animated, but mesh animations ( bones and skins ) can be a bit finnicky in FSX and P3D so currently exploring that side of things.
    I wish I had enough time to finish writing everything I sta...https://www.facebook.com/DC-Designs-2156295428024778/

  7. #82
    It would be nice to have chocks, covers, ribbons
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=81650&dateline=141228  2824

  8. #83
    Quote Originally Posted by zsoltquack View Post
    It would be nice to have chocks, covers, ribbons
    Consider it done
    I wish I had enough time to finish writing everything I sta...https://www.facebook.com/DC-Designs-2156295428024778/

  9. #84

    Icon14 Some remarks and questions

    Hi DC1973 and all other "Hornet" drivers...


    first as already mentioned: Itīs really a nice bird and eye candy (To compare it with the VRS Bird would be unfair in my opinion). It has a very good performance/price relationship -I simply like it...

    Nethertheless I have some remarks and questions for possible improvements...

    1. Exhaust/afterburner



    Is out there somebody who likes to pimp the afterburner? I think here is a improvement possible. Otherwise can somebody explain me who to modify this effect to get for example a more impressive look?

    2. Navigation

    It seems the navigation procedures with its "logic" and handling of frequencies and any TACANs etc. could be improved.
    I must be careful because I have navigate only a few times... Are there other hornet drivers with the same impression?)
    Further I am using Accufeel. When the cockpit is a little bit shaking because of the birdīs speed itīs totally difficult to enter navigation data...

    3. Weapons / Weapon Screen




    I am missing the selection of the AIM-120 for pylon on left air intake... Only ATFLIR is possible and preselected for this weapon station...Itīs real? Modification/Addition possible?

    4. Fold/unfold timelag




    For me (!) it is difficult to find out the status of the fold/unfold mechanism (2). When I push the knob (to fold) there is a time lag to see the movement of the knob (not the wings!) so that I often falsely think I have not pushed the knob...I push it again and the wings unfold again... unpracticable... Possibly a delay based on my personal computer and conditions?


    Last but not least...... a really satisfying bird...




    Greetings RS



















    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2020-2-29_11-27-59-738.jpg   Weapon screen.JPG   F-18-Fold-unfold.JPG   2020-2-29_11-37-24-732.jpg  

  10. #85
    Hi RS, glad you're enjoying the Hornets! In answer to your questions:The afterburners are modeled in, so it's just a case of changing the textures to more suit your liking. They can be found in the texture folder. It's probably something I will update at some point as several folks have said they don't like the look of them, but feel free to tinker with the specular texture to make them brighter or alter the shape of the burner shockwave cones.The navigation is designed to be simple. These Hornets are aimed at the casual user rather than the study-level crowd, so the nav panel's layout is designed to emulate the real Super Hornet's display, but be more relevant to flight sim. As for Accusim shaking, that's what real flying is often like I'm afraid The AIM-120 on the left fuselage is only there when ATFLIR is not. I decided that most of the time, as the Super Hornets carry an ATFLIR pod, I would leave it that way. I'll make a note to include the extra weapon in a future update.Finally, the wing fold switch was altered based on other people saying they didn't like the way it moved the first time around (!) It seems people always want different things. However, I have figured out a code that might allow the switch to move back to the "HOLD" position quite quickly after pressing, which would be more natural. Again, I'll put it on the list of updates, which will be done when the F-15 Eagles package is ready for release in a month or two.
    I wish I had enough time to finish writing everything I sta...https://www.facebook.com/DC-Designs-2156295428024778/

  11. #86

    Couple of minor bugs

    Hi DC,

    Enjoying this immensely. Not a fan of study-level aircraft, this is immersive without becoming onerous. More please!

    Spotted a couple of minor bugs (in P3D v4):
    Afterburner effects are reversed
    The in-cockpit throttle animation responds to throttle one only.

    Many thanks

    Andy

  12. #87

    Improvments

    Quote Originally Posted by DC1973 View Post
    Hi RS, glad you're enjoying the Hornets! In answer to your questions:The afterburners are modeled in, so it's just a case of changing the textures to more suit your liking. They can be found in the texture folder. It's probably something I will update at some point as several folks have said they don't like the look of them, but feel free to tinker with the specular texture to make them brighter or alter the shape of the burner shockwave cones.The navigation is designed to be simple. These Hornets are aimed at the casual user rather than the study-level crowd, so the nav panel's layout is designed to emulate the real Super Hornet's display, but be more relevant to flight sim. As for Accusim shaking, that's what real flying is often like I'm afraid The AIM-120 on the left fuselage is only there when ATFLIR is not. I decided that most of the time, as the Super Hornets carry an ATFLIR pod, I would leave it that way. I'll make a note to include the extra weapon in a future update.Finally, the wing fold switch was altered based on other people saying they didn't like the way it moved the first time around (!) It seems people always want different things. However, I have figured out a code that might allow the switch to move back to the "HOLD" position quite quickly after pressing, which would be more natural. Again, I'll put it on the list of updates, which will be done when the F-15 Eagles package is ready for release in a month or two.


    Hi DC 1973,

    thank you for your fast response and answering my questions.

    It would be fine to see an update with an modified weapon selection and new fold/unfold knob mechanism in future,

    It seems I will make some modified/new flames myself. Hopefully there will be anyone who make and publish alternative textures because as a totally beginner of texturing it would not be surprising when my new exhaust will look more like a big flying barbecue fire or glowing campfire...

    We will (not) see that..
    .

    Please go forward with the eagles and give them wings to fly onto our sims...



    Greetings RS

  13. #88
    Quote Originally Posted by andy277uk View Post
    Hi DC, Enjoying this immensely. Not a fan of study-level aircraft, this is immersive without becoming onerous. More please!Spotted a couple of minor bugs (in P3D v4):Afterburner effects are reversed The in-cockpit throttle animation responds to throttle one only.Many thanksAndy
    Thanks Andy, all noted for future update and repair. Thanks also for your kind words - I'm pretty sure there's a lot ( a majority? ) of sim fans who would like to see more mid-level detail airplanes like the Hornets. Lots more aircraft planned for 2020 and through 2021!
    I wish I had enough time to finish writing everything I sta...https://www.facebook.com/DC-Designs-2156295428024778/

  14. #89
    Quote Originally Posted by DC1973 View Post
    Consider it done
    Hello,

    can you give me a pics?

    Zsolt
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=81650&dateline=141228  2824

  15. #90
    Is anybody working on paints yet ?

  16. #91
    SOH-CM-2020 WarHorse47's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Great Pacific Northwest
    Age
    73
    Posts
    3,434
    Quote Originally Posted by Corvette99 View Post
    Is anybody working on paints yet ?
    I've seen a few images by Groom Lake on FB, but so far I cannot see any for downloading.
    I truly find it amazing how quickly repaint images show up on the interweb, but it takes days or weeks before they can be found anywhere for downloading.
    -- WH

    If at first you don't succeed, try, try,try again. ... or go read the manual.

  17. #92
    Available, a repaired paintkit?
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=81650&dateline=141228  2824

  18. #93
    Quote Originally Posted by DC1973 View Post
    Well spotted! I meant to change the colour of the pilot's helmets to match, but forgot. I'm learning fast ( nothing like a first release to sharpen the senses ) and am looking to make the Eagles much more polished both in terms of detail and release quality. I'd also like to make them animated, but mesh animations ( bones and skins ) can be a bit finnicky in FSX and P3D so currently exploring that side of things.
    Thanks for the reply.
    really interested to see what the eagles will look like once finished.

  19. #94
    Any news the paintkit update?
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=81650&dateline=141228  2824

  20. #95
    There are ten repaints available on the Groom Lake facebook page. Just search Groom Lake simulations.

    Regards Paul Day.

  21. #96
    Quote Originally Posted by paul day View Post
    There are ten repaints available on the Groom Lake facebook page. Just search Groom Lake simulations.

    Regards Paul Day.
    Are those for this plane, or the FSDT FSX BA F/A-18C? I know Groom Lake did a bunch of repaints for that plane.
    Did they do some for this one too?
    Just wondering. I may be behind times a bit...
    Pat☺
    Fly Free, always!
    Sgt of Marines
    USMC, 10 years proud service.
    Inactive now...

  22. #97
    It says they are for the DC Designs models, ie these models.

    Regards Paul Day.

  23. #98
    A nice VX-9 Vampires repaint has been uploaded on the groom lake simulations site for the F-18F model.

    Regards Paul Day.

  24. #99
    https://groomlakesimulations.wixsite...omlake/blank-1

    I don't know if he will do 100+ like the FSXBA Hornet, but given 3 DC variants there are plenty of repaints. I like the 1xCAG/1xline jet idea.
    Fly Navy/Army (Ret. 2/2018)
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

  25. #100
    Lovin' this jet! Here's the other VX-9 for the F/A-18E. Still some details to finish like stencils and jet intake warnings and the like. Hopefully will be uploaded in a few days. I don't have FSX installed anymore so not sure how it'll look there.

    Mike






Members who have read this thread: 340

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •