DC Designs P3D native FA-18F/G Super Hornet - Page 3
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: DC Designs P3D native FA-18F/G Super Hornet

Quote Originally Posted by Scorch00 View Post
    I don't mean to be a pushy Hornet enthusiast lol, but I thought I'd bump this thread in maybe there's an update coming on progress?
    Hi Scorch, sorry I haven't replied sooner. I am unable to post images here at SoH for some reason, all of the icons etc are unavailable and I got bored of trying to fix it all.The Hornets are doing well, and I've signed with Just Flight for distribution. It's in the last stages of development, and we're hoping for a launch in mid-February! Check out and follow my Facebook page in my signature below for the latest screenshots etc. F-15E and C Eagles to follow once the Hornets are released.
    I wish I had enough time to finish writing everything I sta...https://www.facebook.com/DC-Designs-2156295428024778/

Quote Originally Posted by DC1973 View Post
    Hi Scorch, sorry I haven't replied sooner. I am unable to post images here at SoH for some reason, all of the icons etc are unavailable and I got bored of trying to fix it all.The Hornets are doing well, and I've signed with Just Flight for distribution. It's in the last stages of development, and we're hoping for a launch in mid-February! Check out and follow my Facebook page in my signature below for the latest screenshots etc. F-15E and C Eagles to follow once the Hornets are released.
    No worries. I was just curious. So I'll hop on over there and check it out. Thank you for the update!

Aerial Firefighting Aircraft Development & Simulation Group
    Simulated Air Tanker Operations Facebook! <<click
    SATO Youtube Channel! <<click

Looks great. Looking forward to the F-15 series.

Custom sounds provided by ??

Nice package.

Only issue I've encountered are the camera definitions. The only views showing are for the VC and Cockpit, no other views are available although they are scripted in the aircraft.cfg file. Don't know how to fix that.

In response to Aircanuck's question, the sound.cfg file indicates the sounds are by DC Designs.
    -- WH

If at first you don't succeed, try, try,try again. ... or go read the manual.

Cheers WarHorse47 , care to comment on the engine sounds ?

Quote Originally Posted by Aircanuck View Post
    I've only completed a few short flights so far and have been focusing on the avionics and practicing ILS landings. Haven't come across anything negative on the sounds so far.
    -- WH

If at first you don't succeed, try, try,try again. ... or go read the manual.

SOH-CM-2020
    Blog Entries

First impression: A nice bird...

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2020-2-27_20-16-22-361.jpg   2020-2-27_20-16-38-362.jpg   2020-2-27_20-27-41-895.jpg   2020-2-27_21-0-39-235.jpg   2020-2-27_21-1-13-46.jpg   2020-2-27_21-4-31-1.jpg  

Compatible with TacPack?
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=81650&dateline=141228  2824

Quote Originally Posted by zsoltquack View Post
    Compatible with TacPack?
    Read post #1.
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Great shots RS!
    I wish I had enough time to finish writing everything I sta...https://www.facebook.com/DC-Designs-2156295428024778/

Are your sounds working okay now, Aircanuck? I haven't had any other reports of sound bugs from users so far.

Morning DC1973 , apologies for any confusion here, one of the factors I take into account prior to a purchase is how convincing the engine sounds are .....

Cheers for now

Morning DC1973 , apologies for any confusion here, one of the factors I take into account prior to a purchase is how convincing the engine sounds are ..... Cheers for now
    Oh I see, okay, well there's good news and bad news: the good news is that the Super Hornet's engine sounds are actually the real deal! They're real recordings of a GE-404 start-up and shut down sequence. The bad news is that the engine whine and burners are generic recordings, and I'm something of a newbie to sounds so my ability to blend them all in might not be as good as professional dedicated sound set ups. I think they're pretty decent all in all but I'm not up to the standard of some other developers. Maybe some of the other users here could pop in and report what they think of my efforts?

I applaud the efforts that went into this Super Hornet package. The one thing I have enjoyed about flight sim community is that there is always something available for any user level. In my first few moments trying out the F/A-18F first I wanted to see the back seat first because the configuration of displays and instruments is so uniquely different than the front and well modeled in this product.

Before I buy it,
    I want to see the pictures of the texture and
    paintkit
    Is this possible?

Thank you,
    Zsolt
    Last edited by ZsoltB; February 29th, 2020 at 08:18.
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=81650&dateline=141228  2824

Quote Originally Posted by zsoltquack View Post
    Before I buy it,I want to see the pictures of the texture and paintkitIs this possible?Thank you,Zsolt
    I'm afraid I haven't been able to post pictures here at SoH for a long time, something to do with permissions, Java and who knows what else. Paint kit is layered, PSD format, rivets, lines, base colours, speculars etc, everything required for repainting basically.

Well done job. Just the sound in FSX is not what i would like to have. Replaced it with a freeware one.... much better.
    But the plane as itself works fine in FSX. Hope there will be some painters to do next liverys.

A little testflight near Rhodes.....

greetings
    Klaus

Yeah, and it would be nice if somebody made it, TacPack mod

A a little bit what if......

The old German Tornados will be replaced in the near future. Within the next two weeks there will be a decision what plane will make this replacement... the F-18 or the Eurofighter. Just now it looks like the F-18 will make the race.

Then perhaps it will look something like this one

greetings
    Klaus

SOH-CM-2020
    Blog Entries

Then perhaps it will look something like this one....

Quote Originally Posted by klnowak View Post
    A a little bit what if......

The old German Tornados will be replaced in the near future. Within the next two weeks there will be a decision what plane will make this replacement... the F-18 or the Eurofighter. Just now it looks like the F-18 will make the race.
    Then perhaps it will look something like this one

greetings
    Klaus

Hi klnowak,

yes normally the old Tornados need to be replaced... - but if the news of one of the political parties is true - then there are currently only 10 (TEN) !!! of more than 140 Eurofighters operational ready - really an anprecedented scandal and huge waste of tax money - not to speak about the endangering defense capacity if acting in such a way

No single aircraft should be procured before an removal of these deficiencies!

All responsible highest ranking officers of the German Air force must be quickly removed because they all have played this bad game of "Do nothing and watch" together with our Department of Defense and political leaders. The same should be done for the Department of Defense - especially the guys in the procurement offices are responsible for a bad management .

You should simply imagine your are respsonible for an investment in the private sector - If you would manage the company´s money in such a poorly manner you would be fired and most probably put in prison... Last some Politicans need to be shoot onto the moon.

This had to be said - Sorry...

Better you show only images depicting your nice german F-18 standing in its shelter - assuming that the German Air Force will not be able to get this bird continuously in the air...

Greetings RS

After working for Lockheed for 11 years plus, I've seen how it works. It's not bad management on the military procurement depart's side. It's the companies coming in, maybe offering the senior officers a good paying job when he retires, a nice house, and so on. NO pressure to pick that company, oh no, just strong suggestions to pick their product.
    Of course, the product isn't ready yet, but they promise it will be by the time it is supposed to go into service. Naturally, it won't be. They just need a couple more years to get it ready, oh, and a few million more dollars. Then a few more...

Not bribery, ohhhh no. but I think you see how it's all set up. Next senior officer moves up after the original retires, and it starts all over. A well paying job, nice house, or whatever, is a small investment for "the company".
    So, it's not mismanagement by the military, unless you count their totally ignoring the tests that show another company's product is vastly superior. AND is ready during the testing. But "the company" promises their product WILL be ready. It's not, come the time, just a short delay with troubles in some systems, and of course a few million more to get it all straightened out, but by then, the senior officer has retired, gotten his well paying job, and is applying his own pressure to his former junior.

I won't say what I saw happen in a specific program I was in, but I've seen it all, from the peons position. And believe me, 1st level management IS a peon. They ensure the peons are on salary, so no overtime, and if you don't like it, just quit. Riiiiight...

I shut up, now.
    Pat☺
    Fly Free, always!
    Sgt of Marines
    USMC, 10 years proud service.
    Inactive now...

In a way, I agree with you. But in Germany I see the responsibility for the desolate state of the armed forces not with the soldiers, but in the political realities. In a country where certain parties would rather drive their own economy to the wall than to re-enact their blinded ideologies, the soldier who has to act with inaccurate equipment is certainly not the culprit. If the policy decides not to release funds for a replacement stockpile, then a technical defect cannot be rectified in the short term. And so the plane is in the hangar. But this is not the fault of the soldiers.

But now... back to this realy nice addon

greetings
    Klaus

Members who have read this thread: 6