This weekend in Oz.

Thread: This weekend in Oz.

This weekend in Oz.

The Australian MotoGP!

Weather has turned crappy after five perfect sunny days.
    Got myself a little sun-burnt on Thursday, today I'm needing my wet weather and cyclone gear!
    Should be dry come Sunday.
    Cameras will still be wearing raincoats just in case......
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Goooo J. Miller!
    Fly Navy/Army
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

Looking up the TV Coverage schedule (just in case!) it is well and truly garbage!

The FTA coverage (if one can call it that!) is via Network 10, an arm of Foxtel and renowned for more advertising than content.
    So this weekend they are showing the Supercars round from Surfers Paradise, a fairly mediocre event at best, in prime 'day time' Saturday and Sunday.
    Late evening on Monday the 'highlights' of the Mexican GP are listed (30 minutes of racing, 30+ minutes of advertising!) followed by the same version of their 'highlights' of the Australian MotoGP................
    I can get to the circuit easily on my KTM but if it was really wet I'd be considering staying in front of the TV, however, because of some dickhead Network 10 Muppet it's either attend or miss out.

We really do suffer from crap Motorsport coverage!

Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Well I'm good with shelling out the $$$ on my apps, since this is a double weekend with WSBK and most of the time I get work weekends here in the US. Watched the superpole/race 1 Qatar action and waiting on MotoGP Q1/2, pretty complete road-racing weekend for sure! Gets me all motivated to tear off on a bike from the fleet now that the weather is great here in Arizona.
    Fly Navy/Army
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

Really dreary weather with MotoGP Q1 and Q2 sessions to be run Race Day morning.
    The late and much missed Barry Sheene once dubbed Philip Island the 'Gateway to Hypothermia' and today (in total contrast to Thursday and Friday!) he was so right.
    It wasn't the intermittent rain showers that caused havoc on the field, 70+KPH wind gusts did the job, literally blowing Miguel Oliveira off the circuit at turn one, probably the fastest on the circuit.
    Rode the KTM to the 'Island', a bit chilly but given the number of cars heading in it was a good move.
    Love being able to 'Filter' my way through the traffic!

If the weather clears early enough I might even ride my 'Cafe Racer', my fellow Ducati Owners Club members more or less tolerate the KTM but how will they view a 'Triton'........?

Outstanding racing in all categories.

99% of the Moto3 field was covered by 2 seconds, not so much in Moto2 but tight groups were riding like Moto3 and aside from the (initial) first 3 riders in MotoGP most of the field were engaged in something like a knife fight in a phone box!
    And the rain held of!

I have got to get down there. Never had the chance in the Navy, and recently while contracting overseas could never get the wife's work schedule to match to meet me. At least I got all the tracks in the US covered. Congrats VR46 to 400 starts.
    Fly Navy/Army
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

Members who have read this thread: 0