UPLOADED: Spitfire Mk.II Package - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: UPLOADED: Spitfire Mk.II Package

Also, I know a lot of our community has been updated back to the stone age by microsoft and their infinite wisdom and are having a hard time getting CFS3 running at all. But 100 downloads so far and not one post from anyone saying it's working. It would be nice to know, jus sayin'. And do keep in mind, if you're intimidated by the Real Systems Module stuff (though it is really easy to install), the aircraft can still be flown just fine without it. Would be a shame to miss out unnecessarily on Steve and John's beautiful artwork.

Quote Originally Posted by gecko View Post
    ... But 100 downloads so far and not one post from anyone saying it's working. It would be nice to know, jus sayin'. ...
    Maybe CFS3 is just really old and we're dinosaurs . I would expect much more downloads because of what the Spit and Ankor's new shaders offer. It really takes CFS3 to a new level (again!) but maybe there are just not enough people left to appreciate it... (Altough 6200+ and 4200+ views for both threads would suggest otherwise; let yourselves be heard, folks!)

ACC Member, ETO and PTO contributor & librarian

I downloaded it, but still have not had a chance to attempt the install.
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

I am certainly going to get them flying. Just working through issues from my end and also clarifying how to operate all the nice new in cockpit features. Dan is correct in that, to install, there is nothing complicated (other than my X56 issues now solved!) about it and using the CFS3 Real Systems Module - Shortcut in ETO at least makes it all very easy. There is however a lot of careful reading to do; I plead guilty to some extent for not doing so; especially for those not used to in cockpit more realistic use of controls.
    Also, as Dan said, one can use the aircraft fine in a non Ankor, non ETO set up and they will still be great and better than anything previous! Lets hear from others at least trying to get these birds in the air.

Cato said "Carthaginem esse delendam"
    I say "Carthago iam diu deleta,sed enim Bellum Alium adhuc aedificandum est"

Sulphur,South West Louisiana in the good'ol USA
    Blog Entries
    Sad to say but my pc has bit the dust. Won't get a new one for a couple of months. Can't wait to get Ankor's new shaders installed and fly this beautiful Spitfire.My new rig will finally be able to handle it all and then some. Thanks guys for all the hard work. It IS appreciated !

Quote Originally Posted by Frosty View Post
    I now have set the compatibility of CFS3 to nothing (boxes unchecked) and have set CFS3, TiR and the RS Module to "Run as Administrator". That seemed to do the trick in running CFS3 with the Spit installed and with TiR functionality! But the shaders still make CFS3 crash (even with the latest version you posted). To be continued!
    Thanks for the feedback. I was having a similar problem with TrackIR not working if I had the RS Module running. It turns out that on my system all I needed was to have TrackIR running as Admin.

Additionally, I had to set response values, and turn on the Roll degree of freedom in the Combat Flight TrackIR Profile for the new functionality to work. This does not appear to have any negative side effects when running CFS3 without the RS Module.
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

SOH-CM-2020
    Hi gecko, I will certainly post feedback when I get these birds installed! At the moment, I cannot get cfs3 running at all, even with a complete fresh install of the OS. Will keep trying - the alternative is to find a copy of Win 7 and another complete rebuild

Installed one of the MKII's without the shaders and RSM.......no guns however

On the Mk.IIA the guns are set up as cannons. This avoids the bug with guns showing hit effects for only every 5th round or so. Hit effects are shown for every round if they are set up as cannons.

If you are using the RS module, make sure your gun safety is set to fire and if you are at high altitude, that your radiator temperature is high enough and the radiator shutter is in the gun heating position.

EDIT: Also, you won't see tracers on most aircraft, since they fell out of use in RAF fighters during late 1940. DeWilde incendiaries were used instead, which have a bright flash on impact to let you know you are hitting your target. Only the outboard two guns were loaded with DeWilde though, with the other guns being loaded with slugs or armor piercing rounds - neither of which have a visual indication of a hit, unless it's hitting the ground or water.

And yeah, I feel fortunate that I've not been victimized by a rogue windows update. It seems to have taken a toll on our community of late! Hope you all can get it figured out!

Sulphur,South West Louisiana in the good'ol USA
    Blog Entries
    Getting a new gaming rig with Win10. Hope i don't have problems!! Going cold turkey without CFS3 is terrible ! Maybe by the time i get back everything will be worked out...

Not Using the RS Module, somethings messed up, it's got sound issues. No tire sound on landings. Back to the drawing board!

Do you have the guns working now?

I double checked the ground sounds. All files referenced for this by the sound.cfgs are present in the download. I also re-tested and found them all to be working correctly. Some sounds may be different than you are used to however, as the sound has been set up to change depending on the type of surface you are on, whereas most CFS3 aircraft don't do this. As far as I can tell there isn't anything messed up with the download.

the sound has been set up to change depending on the type of surface you are on
    I didn't know that

Not Using the RS Module, somethings messed up, it's got sound issues. No tire sound on landings. Back to the drawing board!
    Dan, could that be from not editing the game effects and sound xmls?

In the case of these particular sounds, no, since they are called for directly by each aircraft's sound.cfg and not by the sounds.xml. As long as all the included sound files were installed, there should be no reason why they wouldn't work.

I'm thinking perhaps the guns need to be armed before they can fire? A clickable cockpit option? Everything seems to be in the proper folders......

In the screenshot thread when John put up some pictures of this aircraft, he mentioned to make sure the safety was off before you got in to a scrap with the Germans,lol

The safety on a Mk.II Spit is the collar around the gun button.
    Tom
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 4:7

I'm thinking perhaps the guns need to be armed before they can fire?
    only if you are running the RealSystem module. Otherwise try spacebar or whatever key 'fire all guns' is mapped to.

Not running the RS module.....still nothing. This is the MKII Polish version

I have checked all the files, nothing is out of place. If you did not add the lines to the sounds.xml and effects.xml per the instructions, the guns would still fire, but there would be no visual or auditory indication that they were firing, making it seem like nothing was happening when you pull the trigger.

SOH-CM-2023
    Are there any plans to provide models for FSX ?? Thank You.

For FSX there’s A2A’s version already. It’s very highly regarded.
    Tom
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 4:7

Are there any plans to provide models for FSX ?? Thank You.
    No, we barely have time to model for one sim. I hope you are enjoying it in CFS3.

The A2A one for FSX was something of an inspiration for me several years ago to try to bring similar detail into operating aircraft in CFS3. If you're wanting some detailed Spitfire action in FSX, I highly recommend that one. CFS3 and FSX are quite different so there is no simple conversion, and as Steve says, there simply isn't time. I'd rather work on warbirds in a sim that supports combat. It's what they were made for.

Members who have read this thread: 1