UPLOADED: Spitfire Mk.II Package

Thread: UPLOADED: Spitfire Mk.II Package

Hybrid View

Icon22 UPLOADED: Spitfire Mk.II Package

SCRAMBLE! SCRAMBLE!

Final testing is complete and the Spitfire Mk.II Series created by Steve Seybolt, John Whelan, Rob Stevenson is released!

Here is the link, live once once the admins do their thing:
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...re_mkiia_b.zip

Enjoy exploring this aircraft set - all of the primary variants of the Spitfire Mk.II are included, there are quite a lot of minor variations among the 25 aircraft represented, showing the evolution of the aircraft over the course of its frontline career.

The primary variants are:

Spitfire Mk.IIA, using the standard "A" wing armament of eight .303 cal machine guns. This was the most common version. The vast majority were fitted with a Rotol constant speed propeller. 18 Spitfire Mk.IIAs are included.

Spitfire Mk.IIB, using the newly introduced "B" wing armament of two 20mm cannons and four .303 cal machine guns. 170 produced, with most recieving the De Havilland constant speed propeller. 4 Spitfire Mk.IIBs are included.

Spitfire Mk.IIA(LR), a little known long range conversion of the Spitfire Mk.IIA, with a 30 Imp. Gallon fuel tank fixed under the left wing. About 50 aircraft were converted to this standard. 3 Spitfire Mk.IIA(LR)s are included.

Over the course of its frontline Service career, the Spitfire Mk.II received a number of significant modifications. Early aircraft were fitted with fabric covered ailerons, which tended to freeze up and even reverse their effect at high speeds. Over the course of 1941 these were replaced with metal covered ailerons which solved the high speed handling issues. By August, all frontline Spitfires had received the new ailerons. Ammunition loadings for the guns changed over time as well, with Buckingham phosphorus incendiary tracers being phased out in favor of De Wilde armor piercing incendiaries in late 1940. The standard gun convergence range was also decreased during this time from 400 yards to 250 yards. New radio equipment was also introduced during late 1940 and early 1941, with HF radios being phased out for VHF radios, and IFF (Identification Friend/Foe) equipment being added later as well. The most well known Spitfire modification was the R.A.E. Restrictor - better known as Miss Shilling's Orifice - devised by Beatrice Shilling to help prevent the engine from cutting out under negative g-forces. It was introduced in March 1941, and while it didn't fully solve the issue, the most negative effects from negative g-forces on the engine were eliminated.

The Spitfires in this package cover all of these changes, in various combinations as appropriate for the individual paint scheme. The paint schemes included cover the Spitfire Mk.II's entire frontline career, from the Battle of Britain through early 1942, representing pilots from Britain, Australia, Belgium, Canada, Czechoslovakia, France, Poland, and the United States.

The package also introduces the CFS3 Real Systems Module. The Real Systems Module allows highly detailed modeling of aircraft systems and cockpit controls for a much more realistic flying experience. New features aircraft systems added by the module include:

-Fully clickable cockpit!

-Fully functional Mk.II Reflector Gunsight with all controls modeled.

-Working radiator shutter with realistic effect upon engine temperatures - including engine failures due to overheating.

-Compressed air emergency undercarriage deployment system.

-More realistic gun and cannon operation, including a gun safety switch, gun jams, and freezing (pilot must use radiator to supply adequate heat to the guns).

-Realistic British-style pneumatic brake system.

-Re-loadable Coffman starter system with five cartridges.

-Realistic engine starting procedure.

-Two-position mixture control.

-Detailed fuel system management.

-Fully modeled pneumatic system which releases pressure with system operation, recharges pressure by an engine driven pump, can be damaged, and causes system failures when pressure gets too low either through use or damage.

-Pilot controlled lighting, including landing lights, navigation lights, and cockpit lighting.

-Realistic bailout procedure (must open canopy first, canopy will not open at high airspeeds, pilot cannot exit the aircraft while experiencing high g-forces or if badly wounded).

-Detailed animations of cockpit controls including numerous new sound effects.

-Support for TrackIR head-tilt for ALL CFS3 aircraft when using the Real Systems Module.

-Many other new features.

-Detailed manuals and checklists to aid you in learning to fly the Spitfire.

It is strongly recommended (though not required) that you install the latest release of Ankors Shaders before installing this package, as many of the new features of the Real Systems Module, as well as many visual enhancements are only active if the shaders are installed.
    Link to October 2019 Release of Ankor's Shaders:
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...2_oct_2019.zip

***The following people are responsible for the package***

External CFS3 model original by Josh Zyax (Spitfire mk5) then converted and upgraded to MkII by Stephen (Sdsbolt) Seybolt.

CFS3 VC originally by Pat Didier then upgraded by Clive (Pat Pattle) Moorely then converted to later marks and upgraded by Stephen (Sdsbolt) Seybolt.

All Textures by John (Bravo/4) Whelan.

Mos File by Daniel (Gecko) Holtz. (includes new oil stains, revised bullet holes and blood splatter)

XDP compilation, historical content, plane set construction by Rob (Capt. Winters) Stevenson.

Help files by Rob (Capt. Winters) Stevenson.
    front page History of the Spitfire’s Design and Development
    (By Trevor Dean, with information courtesy of Military Magazines UK and the Solent Sky Museum Southampton)

Flight Model based on AvHistory V4.00.164 Spitfire MK XIVc modified to Spitfire Mk.II specification by Daniel (Gecko) Holtz.

Effects (weapons, and damage) by Daniel (Gecko) Holtz. This set has blood splatter and bullet holes for virtual cockpit views and introduces progressive oil leaks over the windscreen and fuselage as damage increases. new weapons to replicate system failures.

Externally run Module files for clickable cockpit and additional game animations by Daniel (Gecko) Holtz and Stephen (Sdsbolt) Seybolt. Includes revised TrakIR compatability which enables full 6 degrees of motion range (adds in head tilting in addition to rotation and elevation).

Weapons and pylons by AvHistory, Stephen (Sdsbolt) Seybolt, Rob (Capt. Winters) Stevenson, Daniel (Gecko) Holtz, with new textures by John (Bravo/4) Whelan.
    Revised sounds for 20mm Hispano MkII and .303 mg's for standalone weapons for spitfire MkII model set.

New Engine sounds by Daniel (Gecko) Holtz. Some high-speed propeller sounds by Nigel Richards and used by permission. This set introduces various sounds for compressors and superchargers as well as low rpm rough running sounds.

Guy "fox" Greenburg made the dr_ prefixed effect textures. (Most will have these already from MAW and ETO and RS etc but they have been included for completeness.)

Testing: Brav0/4, Gecko, Capt. Winters, Sdsbolt.

Special Thanks to Ankor for his updates to his DX9 Shaders which support many of the special features included in this package.

Freeware items not to be loaded onto any web site without the written permission of Steve Seybolt.

Use at your own risk.

ps://i.imgur.com/PxWLTiw.jpg[/img]

Thank you all for a much-appreciated version of Mitchell's classic fighter! (I've got a soft spot for the later Griffon-engined ones too, if ever...?) I'm going to have fun finding out how the new systems work!
    Tom
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 4:7

Not up yet but looks fantastic. I know a lot of hard work has gone into this by Daniel, John, et all and would be a great leap forward in what can be done with CFS3 aircraft.. Was I correct in thinking a Mk I was also in the cards, or was that my imagination?

Cato said "Carthaginem esse delendam"
    I say "Carthago iam diu deleta,sed enim Bellum Alium adhuc aedificandum est"

Quote Originally Posted by mongoose View Post
    Not up yet but looks fantastic. I know a lot of hard work has gone into this by Daniel, John, et all and would be a great leap forward in what can be done with CFS3 aircraft.. Was I correct in thinking a Mk I was also in the cards, or was that my imagination?

Yea MkI's are on the list.
    John
    (DR/ MAW/ ETO/ PTO Textures)

Keep it coming!

SOH-CM-2020
    If my cfs3 installs ever recover from MSs unwanted latest update, I will try these birds with relish! Thanks to the whole team for a fantastic result

If you have already installed the Oct 2019 Ankor shaders. the new [ReticleDynamic] files are already there AFAIK, along with the [CockpitSpriteBg] entries. The [FullbrightSprite] do have to be added AFAIK. You also may have other entries for [HighAltSprite] such as
    r_condenstrail_basis1.dds=7500|500
    tr_condenstrail_basis2.dds=7500|500
    tr_condenstrail_basis3.dds= 2500|-1500

Cato said "Carthaginem esse delendam"
    I say "Carthago iam diu deleta,sed enim Bellum Alium adhuc aedificandum est"

Yes!!

(Hurry, hurry, Admins! )

And a new, hitherto undisclosed feature: 'Head tilt' - did I read that right? That would also be rather revolutionary!

ACC Member, ETO and PTO contributor & librarian

It's up!
    and Thank-you

Quote Originally Posted by Frosty View Post
    Yes!!

(Hurry, hurry, Admins! )

And a new, hitherto undisclosed feature: 'Head tilt' - did I read that right? That would also be rather revolutionary!
    Yes, you read that right! And it's not limited to the aircraft in this package. It's a little feature Ankor put into his shaders to enable a script I wrote to be able to manipulate the roll axis of the viewpoint. If you start TrackIR, then run CFS3 by starting the Real Systems Module, this feature will be applied to every single aircraft in that install. Before this came along I didn't think I was missing much with CFS3 not being able to use TrackIR's head tilt motion, but now I don't think I can go back!

I eventually hope to develop this further with headshake triggered different events with the engine. I'm pretty sure I have everything I need to be able to do this, but there are only so many hours in a day, and for some reason my family wants me to keep earning money so they can eat.

Quote Originally Posted by gecko View Post
    ... but there are only so many hours in a day, and for some reason my family wants me to keep earning money so they can eat.
    What?? Can't they fend for themselves? I mean, they should set their priorities straight!!

But yeah, I can see why it took Tom 6 years to develop his Tempest. I realised that I am in my third of the P-47. I hope I can still beat him, but the days do have too little hours and real life is a b*tch .
    Anyway, it will be delayed another weekend, because I have try this new Spit! A big thank you to all involved for this wonderful piece of work!! .

ACC Member, ETO and PTO contributor & librarian

Spitfire Mk II

To all concerned thank you for your efforts chaps,this is the best news in yonks,will be downloading soon and i suppose it`s back to flight school for many.
    May they give the Luftwaffe a real hammering.
    alcanallen.

Tally-ho!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    www3.telus.net/murrdaka/

Members who have read this thread: 1